PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Patrol 2004 GU III DX Manl Clutch Slips

Boertjie
29th December 2012, 06:18 PM
Hello all my Patrolian friends.

I have a Nissan Patrol 2004 GU III DX Manual. The clutch suddenly out of the blue started to slip in all gears. I have no idea why this happened. It’s been serviced every 10 000 km and it’s now on 155 000 km. I know the gearbox is ok (or I hope) so it something to do with the clutch (springs, clutch or pressure plate) . I can’t see to many blogs about GU III DX clutch issues so that tells me that they are strong clutches and I HOPEFULLY have a small issue.

PS… I can fix a motor but have no idea about a clutch.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Boertjie

Woof
29th December 2012, 06:36 PM
Hey mate, it is always a good idea to post up an introduction here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions before asking for any assistance, just gets everyone on side from the start.

Drewboyaus
29th December 2012, 06:44 PM
Sounds like a new clutch to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boertjie
31st December 2012, 09:57 AM
Sounds like a new clutch to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went to Midas to get a quote for replacing the clutch. $2200. I think it's a joke!!

Boertjie
31st December 2012, 10:35 AM
Hey mate, it is always a good idea to post up an introduction here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions before asking for any assistance, just gets everyone on side from the start.

Hi Dogman,

Sorry for this. I went and introduce myself :-)

Boertjie

89gqpatrol4x4
31st December 2012, 11:09 AM
Hey mate, my mother in law had hers done about 2 years ago and it was nearly $2,000 so sounds about right but definatley shop around.

scotty83
31st December 2012, 08:47 PM
That price is about right. That sounds like a conversion as well to a single mass. I have heard of much larger bills for genuine replacements. Sorry to he the bearer of bad news.

Tapped on by ScottyB

scotty83
31st December 2012, 08:49 PM
It is worth trying to figure out what you want do with it. Try searching single mass clutch in the forum to find the other threads about it. Some do and others don't like the conversion.

Tapped on by ScottyB

the evil twin
31st December 2012, 09:01 PM
I just went to Midas to get a quote for replacing the clutch. $2200. I think it's a joke!!

Thats about the going rate... plus be prepared for a further $2,000 if the dual mass flywheel is stuffed.

The huge cost is the main reason people fit aftermarkey clutch and a solid flywheel

Woof
31st December 2012, 10:05 PM
Hi Dogman,

Sorry for this. I went and introduce myself :-)

Boertjie

All good mate, just trying to help