PDA

View Full Version : frankston

kevin07
26th December 2012, 10:09 AM
hi all im heading off to sth oz in the morning going to go through vic for a few days i want to stop at franston for a few days could any mexicans advise me where a good place to stay with my van. thanks kev

Steve4wdin
26th December 2012, 10:14 AM
Have a great holiday Kev, be safe

Bloodyaussie
26th December 2012, 10:18 AM
In frankston???

Don't leave your van untended mate!!

MEGOMONSTER
26th December 2012, 11:03 AM
And stay away from the three toothed monsters.

threedogs
26th December 2012, 11:42 AM
IMO I'd be staying further south say Morninton or even Dromana.
Way too many thieves in good old Franger 07. Trying further south on the Nepean hwy
plenty of parks to chose from steer clear of Frankston though, Stay Safe, Where you off to???

Maxhead
26th December 2012, 12:06 PM
Have a good one where ever you end-up. Pays to keep a small baseball bat when staying in places like that :)
Most importantly stay safe mate

MudRunnerTD
26th December 2012, 12:23 PM
Yep it just Aint a good idea!

Why Frankston other than being a dot on the map? if that is the only reason then find another Dot! Heading South from Frankston will put you on the Mornington Peninsula but you may struggle to place your Van this time of year with out a booking. Ring around.

North of Frankston into Eidithvale, Chelsea will have the same trouble. Maybe Tooradin would be ok but give Frankston a bit of a miss mate.

Travel safe.

growler2058
26th December 2012, 12:29 PM
Sounds like frangers not a good idea as far as a place to stay! Good for other preventative measures tho hahahahahahahahjahahaa

Merry Tapped Out Xmas

healy
26th December 2012, 02:23 PM
Hey I'm basically in frankston highly unlikely you will get a caravan spot as it gets hectic down this way around holidays but if I wasn't going away tomorrow you could of used the front lawn lol good luck

AB
26th December 2012, 02:31 PM
Ring Rosebud Caravan Park mate, its a massive park and hopefully might be a spot left. I just drove through this whole area today and its carnage all the way from Frankston to Portsea...Every mexican leaves the burbs and comes down here.

Drewboyaus
26th December 2012, 02:40 PM
Unless you're keen on traffic jams, I'd steer clear of the Mornington Peninsula this time of year.
Are you wanting beachside vanning comfort near to a major centre?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AB
26th December 2012, 02:47 PM
I just rang all the parks in Rosebud and they are all booked out mate.

Dromana has some spots left @ $65 a night....dromanatouristvillage.com.au

Gets expensive down here this time of year. Give them a buzz mate, not too far past Frnkston.

kevin07
26th December 2012, 09:45 PM
well thanks guys wont be staying at frankston dont feel like dealing with s@#t i do that when im working. just want somewhere to stay for a couple of days so i can take the kids for a tram ride and wife wants lunch on lygon st then its off on the oceon road.kev

kevin07
26th December 2012, 09:47 PM
Have a good one where ever you end-up. Pays to keep a small baseball bat when staying in places like that :)
Most importantly stay safe mate

no worries i have a nulla nulla

MudRunnerTD
26th December 2012, 10:24 PM
well thanks guys wont be staying at frankston dont feel like dealing with s@#t i do that when im working. just want somewhere to stay for a couple of days so i can take the kids for a tram ride and wife wants lunch on lygon st then its off on the oceon road.kev

Hey Kevin

Mate if that is the only reason then I'd think about staying either at the Big4 park on the west side or even put West or North somewhere?? Sunbury, Melton, there are a few caravan parks on the Hume Hwy in Cambelfield too.

You will get in there and be able to fill your list then head west to Geelong and the Great Ocean Road, have a great trip mate

mudski
5th February 2013, 10:36 PM
Old and dead thread but MR! What the hell! Campbellfield? Melton? Might aswell suggest Parking on the side of Pascoe Vale Rd in Broady. :D

threedogs
5th February 2013, 10:43 PM
Nothing wrong with Broady. thats where Eddy is from, he was Trash talking about how he went to the Brickies and feared for his life.
Shite I used to live at the Brickies {front bar} and never saw Eddy once. liar, liar pants on fire

mudski
5th February 2013, 10:53 PM
Nothing wrong with Broady. thats where Eddy is from, he was Trash talking about how he went to the Brickies and feared for his life.
Shite I used to live at the Brickies {front bar} and never saw Eddy once. liar, liar pants on fire
That makes Broady better? Because that fat f$*k lived there? Actually the OP should have parked in down the road at Jacana. Lol, he would have woken up in the morning with both car and trailer sitting on bricks...

Speaking on Lygon St. I love going down there and eating the best food in Melbourne.

Drewboyaus
6th February 2013, 09:25 AM
That makes Broady better? Because that fat f$*k lived there? Actually the OP should have parked in down the road at Jacana. Lol, he would have woken up in the morning with both car and trailer sitting on bricks...

Speaking on Lygon St. I love going down there and eating the best food in Melbourne.

PMSL!

Tap this.........

Cuppa
6th February 2013, 10:59 AM
Probably get a short term spot on the foreshore down at Rye.

kevin07
6th February 2013, 07:15 PM
So Kev, where did you end up? Did you get to ride the trams and lunch in lygon st?

i will post something about my holiday probably next monday but i can assure of this it was a complete disaster and when you read it i bet your jaws will drop and eveyone will think im making up a story but what i write will be factual and i think ill start a new thread for it call it YOUR OWN HOLIDAY DISASTERS CAN YOU TOP THIS.KEV

threedogs
6th February 2013, 07:18 PM
Sort of Kev07 version of National Lampoon Vacation. Yeah Wally world, here we come

Drewboyaus
6th February 2013, 07:49 PM
Sorry to hear it was a disaster, but looking forward to the yarn....

Tap this.........