PDA

View Full Version : 285's on GQ Alloy's

Pitbull
23rd November 2010, 06:35 PM
Im wondering if anyone has fitted a 285/75/16 tyre on their GQ factory alloys and if the front tyres scrub anywhere on full lock left or right , like mudflaps or steering components etc
Im trying to decide if the factory offset is suitable as its the width that concerns me not the height , the 285 is the equivalent to a 33x11.5 and so may just clear on full lock

NissanGQ4.2
23rd November 2010, 07:11 PM
Hi there

I'm running 285 / 75 R16, BfGoodrich All Terrains on the factory allows and the only reason it scrubs is because the bolt on the drivers side swivel hub is bent which allows it to travel further than it should, hence i get scrub on the radius arm. Not sure about rub on mudflaps as i don't have em :)

Cheers

Todd

Pitbull
23rd November 2010, 08:21 PM
Hi toddrhind , So if the swivel hud was not bent then there wouldn't be any scrubbing on the radius arm , seems to be only minor but enough to be annoying , cheers for the pics

NissanGQ4.2
23rd November 2010, 08:40 PM
Hi toddrhind , So if the swivel hud was not bent then there wouldn't be any scrubbing on the radius arm , seems to be only minor but enough to be annoying , cheers for the pics

Yes minor but enough to be annoying, i'm just to lazy to replace a bolt, funny considering i worked for a company that sold nuts and bolts. Cant see any other reason it would scrub once the bolt was replaced.

Only running a 2inch body lift

Cheers Todd

YNOT
23rd November 2010, 09:50 PM
This was my first GQ, 285/75R16's on factory alloys. 2" suspension and 2" body lift.

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx224/tonyh01/GQ_Patrol_972CVDMedium.jpg

No scrubbing on the front (straight steering stop bolts!!!), only minor polishing of the rear inner wheel arches on full articulation.

Tony

NissanGQ4.2
23rd November 2010, 09:53 PM
No scrubbing on the front (straight steering stop bolts!!!), only minor polishing of the rear inner wheel arches on full articulation.
Tony

How come you got straight bolts on your one???? *L* Nice looking rig Tony how come you got rid of it???

YNOT
23rd November 2010, 10:15 PM
How come you got straight bolts on your one???? *L* Nice looking rig Tony how come you got rid of it???

I got rid of it to get a GU TD42. A treat for myself to help cheer me up after loosing my first wife.

I saw it down on the Gold Coast earlier this year, mud flaps and spare tyre gone but a bigger lift than what I sold it with.

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx224/tonyh01/Tennantwork4019.jpg

Tony

Mrowka
8th December 2010, 03:55 AM
OK, pushing my luck here: if 235/75R16 tires will work without scrubbing, what about 235/85R16 tires?

Lambroast
6th March 2012, 03:24 PM
Im wondering if anyone has fitted a 285/75/16 tyre on their GQ factory alloys and if the front tyres scrub anywhere on full lock left or right , like mudflaps or steering components etc
Im trying to decide if the factory offset is suitable as its the width that concerns me not the height , the 285 is the equivalent to a 33x11.5 and so may just clear on full lock

If you're still looking Pitbull I have 285/75/16's on factory allows with no scrub at all...
2" lift on a 92 Ti GQ....

Cheers
Simon