PDA

View Full Version : HELP needed with LEATHER STEERING

manish.badlani
17th December 2012, 03:18 AM
i had put a steering cover on my leather steering thinking it would protect my steering from pen marks and stuff.
but just opposite happened.
my steering now has a orangish ring around it basically at the place where the steering cover touched the steering.
im worried as its a brand new car.
i had put the steering cover for few months and then decided to remove it coz of the control lost with it.
plz plz plz
if someone had a similar issue and resolved it
please help me let me know

my third 256
17th December 2012, 03:26 AM
hey mate head over to the intro section please and tell us a bit about youself and your rig just one of the requirments and you will find you get a lot more responses
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions

Robo
17th December 2012, 05:21 AM
Seeing as its appears to be a dye from a secondary leather product rubbed off onto it, try an upholsterer for some advise.

Even a furniture store, leather lounge chair sales person may know the go here.
just say, what if the better halfs leather pants leave a mark on this new lounge? then what !!.

hope you can find a solution, good luck .

manish.badlani
17th December 2012, 05:54 AM
Seeing as its appears to be a dye from a secondary leather product rubbed off onto it, try an upholsterer for some advise.

Even a furniture store, leather lounge chair sales person may know the go here.
just say, what if the better halfs leather pants leave a mark on this new lounge? then what !!.

hope you can find a solution, good luck .

i went to a car upholster guy and he didnt give any help.
the inner part of the steering cover was black, i dont understand how this mark is come up.

growler2058
17th December 2012, 06:13 AM
G'day mate head over to the intros and say g'day something we ask all members to do, cheers

Tap someone who cares

MEGOMONSTER
17th December 2012, 06:35 AM
You never put any covers over anything leather. Leather doesn't breathe and will sweat on hot days. Any rubbing of leather to leather will wear out one or the other and the dyes may come through.

manish.badlani
18th December 2012, 08:06 PM
so is there a way to fix this ?

Drewboyaus
18th December 2012, 08:16 PM
G'day mate head over to the intros and say g'day something we ask all members to do, cheers

Tap someone who cares

Like the man said, head over to the intro section and say g'day. I suspect you'll get a few more responses.....
Cheers,
Drew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

manish.badlani
19th December 2012, 04:39 AM
the link isnt opening for me.

my third 256
19th December 2012, 05:06 AM
thread has been fixed try again

Drewboyaus
20th December 2012, 08:08 AM
Hi mate,
I'd carefully try a little bit of orange oil in a difficult to see spot first to see that it doesn't do any further damage but I've used it before to remove Biro stains from car seats (kids).
Eucalyptus Oil may also have the same effect.
Cheers,
Drew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

threedogs
20th December 2012, 10:04 AM
Try some hot soapy water first, don't go overboard just dab affected areas , If leather dries out it will crack.
plenty of products out there to use Stubbins is one I've used on sheath knives for years, also known as saddle soap.

Mego whats this leather on leather rubbing stuff, family forum big guy lol Mental picture enhanced.