PDA

View Full Version : 2inch lift lop sided

popup
16th December 2012, 08:10 PM
Hi all I have a 2inch lift in my lwb patrol was old man emu all round. Just had new Robinson rear springs put in but there is 10mm difference. With the old springs there was 50mm difference. I have moved the spare tyre to the passenger side to off set the weight as it has the fuel tank on the drivers side & gas tank at the rear.
Could the front springs have anything to do with it?

Clunk
16th December 2012, 08:22 PM
Are you sure the springs weren't put in the wrong way round.... Drivers side are longer than passenger side

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

growler2058
16th December 2012, 08:27 PM
X2 with Clunk

wildgu6
16th December 2012, 08:31 PM
Mmmm handy bit of info there for a DIY, thanks guys got a set of Dobinsons coming from Gutsy Gav and that will be a handy tip. Again thsnks

TAP TAP TAP MERRY XMAS TO ALL AND A SAFE NEW YEAR TO COME

popup
16th December 2012, 09:06 PM
Had them put in by dobbinsons them selfs.

Clunk
16th December 2012, 10:14 PM
The only things I can think of are that they're the wrong rating for your set up, or they've been fitted incorrectly......... Irrespective of whether dobinsons fit themselves, mistakes can happen. Measure from the centre of your hubs to the bottom of your guards all round, you'll be able to see how much difference there is then

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

popup
17th December 2012, 07:03 PM
Remeasured today it has sorted it self out its the same on both side now.
Cheers Russell

bnicklin
12th January 2013, 06:01 PM
My dobsions are sitting uneven ;-(

MudRunnerTD
12th January 2013, 07:20 PM
You should not have to move your spare tyre to the other side, your springs should take that into account. Same goes the sub tank and the driver. All three are contact weight and the spring should accommodate this.

To say 10mm on the drivers side is surely reasonable though?? 10mm is yo very much and dropping 10psi out of 1 tyre would give to that difference. It is not very much. 50mm is allot though!