PDA

View Full Version : Boost, does it change?

Lonicus
14th December 2012, 11:09 AM
Hi guys, just a quickie.

Once the Patrol has been tuned/dyno'd and boost has been set, does the boost change over time? Would the boost change enough to require adjustment again later, given that no other mods are added?

MEGOMONSTER
14th December 2012, 11:10 AM
I wouldn't think so, but it is a Patrol so any things possible.

threedogs
14th December 2012, 11:19 AM
To answer your own question ,I'd be fitting a Boost and EGT guage to a Pillar pod or similar so you can see any changes that are taking place.
IMO one of the single most important mods a GU owner can do Di and Cr included. With the gauges it allows you to see whats happening under the bonnet
and you can adjust your driving style to suit. Thing and bits wear so I'd think it would require A Dyno again down the road at some stage, but gauges first
What do you drive???

Lonicus
14th December 2012, 01:19 PM
2012 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD Threedogs.

Yeah that is the question, I do want to fit the gauges, as I really do see the benefits in them, but just getting priorities sorted.

Been wondering whether to fit/buy things as I get the spare cash to do it or wait until I have enough cash to get everything at the same time. Talking new exhaust and gauges.

threedogs
14th December 2012, 02:09 PM
There is your first problem, fitting a bigger exhaust will increase boost, how will you know???.
Fit Gauges first then buy the DAWES set up, then when it comes time to fit the exhaust
you'll have some reference point via the gauges. NO 1 Gauges first , no brainer plus cool to look at.

WYLD333
14th December 2012, 02:27 PM
Get your gauges on 1st mate and then after that do each mod one at a time when u get spare coin

Lonicus
14th December 2012, 03:17 PM
Thanks guys!

Ordering the pillar pod and gauges today.

MEGOMONSTER
14th December 2012, 03:36 PM
I love my gauges, can't stop looking at them. 14/15psi max boost before exhaust and no change after exhaust.
2011 model.

nissannewby
14th December 2012, 03:46 PM
There are many things that can affect boost. Be it weather, altitude, load on the motor, driving conditions, fuel system condition, air intake condition/ restriction. Generally once its set it wont move much from there it can and will spike at times under heavy load but its basically set and forget. If the boost changes significantly then you will have to start looking deeper.

Lonicus
14th December 2012, 03:47 PM
Pillar pod and gauges ordered, got the gauges from Sam in the vendors thread :)

I look like getting the exhaust in January so I'll get everything fitted at the same time, especially given that the pyro sensor can be such a pain to fit, no sense in putting it on the soon to be replaced exhaust.

kevin07
14th December 2012, 03:58 PM
I love my gauges, can't stop looking at them. 14/15psi max boost before exhaust and no change after exhaust.
2011 model.

pretty much the same for me with the 2.75 exhaust but i would recomend a turbo timer after you fit the gauges as when you see what temperatures your shutting your engine off i think you will want one pretty quick.kev

kevin07
14th December 2012, 04:01 PM
Pillar pod and gauges ordered, got the gauges from Sam in the vendors thread :)

I look like getting the exhaust in January so I'll get everything fitted at the same time, especially given that the pyro sensor can be such a pain to fit, no sense in putting it on the soon to be replaced exhaust.

lonicus fit up all your wires for the pyro but dont connect it till you get the new exhaust make sure you ask them to put the bung in save you a lot of grief that will

MEGOMONSTER
14th December 2012, 04:07 PM
lonicus fit up all your wires for the pyro but dont connect it till you get the new exhaust make sure you ask them to put the bung in save you a lot of grief that will

Too true, my taipan exhaust has the bung and saved me about 4 hours of labour.

Lonicus
14th December 2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks guys. Getting the 2.75" from Beaudesert so will ask them to put the bung in.