PDA

View Full Version : Service?

richardl
14th December 2012, 07:49 AM
Hi Guys

Just got our GU back from a service and the next day the sub tank warning light came on. Have done a search suggesting that I disconnect the battery, which I will do over the weekend, dont think the radio has a code!
My question is could the warning light have anything to do with the service, my mechanic says its just a coincidence? but he would say that wouldn't he?
Thanks for your thoughts
Richard

Bloodyaussie
14th December 2012, 07:56 AM
My mates did the same thing when he needed to do some small work and my mechanic just disconnected the battery and all good.

lorrieandjas
14th December 2012, 11:57 AM
Hi mate - unlikely to do with the service - what did you get done? Disconnecting the battery would be the go as you have suggested and as BA has mentioned as well. I don't know what causes it but seems to be a fairly common issue that comes up - maybe weird pump setup.

Jas

threedogs
14th December 2012, 12:01 PM
Disconnect the battery for an hour make sure the terminals are clean to, use a scourer pad. All should be good

MEGOMONSTER
14th December 2012, 12:12 PM
It's funny how an electronic fault can be fixed purely by losing all power to the electronics to just reboot and start again.

Bloodyaussie
14th December 2012, 10:28 PM
It's funny how an electronic fault can be fixed purely by losing all power to the electronics to just reboot and start again.

I wish I could be fixed so easy!!!!

Winnie
14th December 2012, 10:39 PM
I wish I could be fixed so easy!!!!

Mate there will never be a cure for what you've got hahahaha

DIAL-A-TAP

Thirsty
16th December 2012, 07:56 PM
As stated above, Disconnect battery. I put a long range fuel tank in and had the same issue. If they changed the fuel filter, that may have something to do with it. I put mine down to the fuel filter (4.5 petrol by the way) as we have done many long range tanks with out the issue.
Cheers
Troy

my third 256
16th December 2012, 09:03 PM
no coded radio so that should be ok

richardl
26th December 2012, 09:38 AM
Thanks Guys
Finally got round to fixing the problem, disconnected the battery as was suggested and all is good.
The service was just fluids and filters

Richard