PDA

View Full Version : Driver's door trouble

sr06
13th December 2012, 11:09 PM
Hay last week my drivers side door wouldn't catch shut so I held it shut and locked it now it won't open Nissan told me it was a common problem has anyone else has the same thing and how did you fix it?

MudRunnerTD
13th December 2012, 11:34 PM
GQ or GU? the catch is adjustable so you just need to get it open.

sr06
14th December 2012, 07:56 AM
It's a 08 GU this bloke said its common for a rubber to let go in the latch

sr06
26th December 2012, 07:33 PM
Seen Nissan and they said the latch is buggered but carn't get it open any ideas please

koliilok
23rd February 2013, 05:58 PM
Can you get the door trim off from the inside? if you can then you will be able to get to the latch assembly.

mick.
24th February 2013, 08:20 PM
Seen Nissan and they said the latch is buggered but carn't get it open any ideas pleaseTake it to a smash repair shop. They will do it in 10 minutes as they actually do this for a living unlike Nissan. lol

If you weren't so far away I'd do it for you.

Cheers Mick.

Lieney
24th February 2013, 10:43 PM
Smash repair shop as mick. said.
Trying to pull the trim off with door closed is more than difficult. Almost impossible & ill almost guarantee something will break.
Nrma, raa etc another option

Robo
25th February 2013, 12:28 PM
Can someone pls explain what needs doing to open the broken latch problem .
Nothing worse than a door stuck shut and ya cant' get out.
well get in or out for that matter,
without having to crawl over the centre console that is.

Heaven forbid it happens to one of us again.

mick.
25th February 2013, 01:06 PM
Most of the time the hardest part is removing the door trim. To remove the door trim most can be done with the door shut but if you cant it's as easy as removing the seat (4 bolts) and taking it out then you should have access to the door trim.

Once the door trim is removed try the simplist things first such as pulling on the rod which goes from the door handle back to the lock, it that isn't attached then you can reach in and pull on the metal lug which that rod is normally attached to, and if that is still stuck then you need to get a flat head screwdriver in and jimmy the lock that way.

Like I said once the door trim is off it's pretty easy but if a rubber is jammed like the one above you are best off going to a panel shop over anyone else if you still cant get it open. Even NRMA are only mechanics you need a panbeater as they have some tools that most don't know exist.

Cheers Mick