PDA

View Full Version : who's who

Maxhead
22nd June 2010, 10:50 PM
As it's just new I'm curious as who runs the forum and the story behind it

Cheers

AB
22nd June 2010, 11:00 PM
Hi NissPat, I'm the guy who runs the site.

The story....

The site was initially designed to group Patrol 4x4 clubs (also general 4x4 clubs) around Australia.

We found a lot of clubs are not funded well and therefore don't have websites or emails that are current and generally have a lot of problem's keeping members up to date with trips and events.

We started this site initially for clubs to post functions and trips and looking at an index site for sales of vehicles, parts, accessories and joining up with freight companies and vendors for good deals on shipping and products/services.

The forum only just opened up a few weeks ago so it's still only young with most of the above not even implemented yet.

Maxhead
22nd June 2010, 11:09 PM
Thanks for that Andy.

Good luck with it all and hope it goes well. I'm more then happy to have a look around.
Cheers

AB
22nd June 2010, 11:12 PM
Cheers mate.

We just need to build more members to get "buying power" to crunch vendors and logistics prices and then we are good to go.

More to come!

nissannewby
2nd May 2013, 03:49 AM
Wow haven't we come along way :p. just thought I would do something random and go to the last page in this section haha keep up the work AB lol.

Maxhead
2nd May 2013, 07:42 AM
Wow haven't we come along way :p. just thought I would do something random and go to the last page in this section haha keep up the work AB lol.

Hahaha, well that bring back memories...lol

nissannewby
2nd May 2013, 07:48 AM
It seems we are a far cry from ABs first intentions it should just be the hijack forum lol.

Winnie
2nd May 2013, 07:59 AM
Or the meetup and get shit faced forum!

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

mudski
2nd May 2013, 10:15 AM
Or the meetup and get shit faced forum!

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!
Yes that was fun. Andy! When is the next meet at your place under the church?

rusty_nail
2nd May 2013, 10:19 AM
haha i hope the forum has blossomed into something far better than anything you ever imagined mate!!!

jack
2nd May 2013, 10:56 AM
I used to lurk around here when I was looking to buy a 4WD, after reading all the 'grenade' warnings I nearly steered away from the Patrol - Glad I didn't. Then I had the 'manual v auto' decision and decided I'd better join - another good move.
The advice on here has been invaluable, some because it's very good and some for the 'oh really' factor. Certainly some characters on here - keep up the good work.

Bob
2nd May 2013, 11:47 AM
In Oct 2010 I was 846th Person to join the Forum and in the ensuing 2 1/2 Years we have progressed to 13,000 Members.
Amazing !!
The Members that I have met are all good blokes & Sheilas (am I allowed to say that)
Go the Forum

Sir Roofy
2nd May 2013, 01:36 PM
Joined up on12th dec 2010 member1319 havent looked back made some good friends along the way and attended a few meets
watched the church grow from the begining to what it is today
good on ya andy best thing i ever did was stay

growler2058
2nd May 2013, 05:29 PM
Thanks for that Andy.

I'm more then happy to have a look around.
Cheers

Oh well, we'll get over it bwahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

MudRunnerTD
2nd May 2013, 05:33 PM
Glad that Early Mob have nicked off! imagine if that lot was still around!

Cheers

MudRunnerTD
Member# 153

;)

NissanGQ4.2
2nd May 2013, 06:00 PM
In Oct 2010 I was 846th Person to join the Forum and in the ensuing 2 1/2 Years we have progressed to 13,000 Members.
Amazing !!
The Members that I have met are all good blokes & Sheilas (am I allowed to say that)
Go the Forum

Well realistically Bob there is still only 846 members on here that are active, the rest is made up of Givemecash, Needmorecash, Iwantsomecash, needaloan, douwantaloan, howaboutaloan and the likes *LMAO*

And although I have not meet most of you guys n girlz in person I feel I have made some true friends through this forum and gained a lot of knowledge along the way.

Member 344 signing off......then again I might just head over to the drunkin thread as I'm in need of a beer or 50 :)