PDA

View Full Version : Victorian meet up Jan 25th-28th 2013 Walhalla

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bloodyaussie
12th December 2012, 02:45 PM
We will be camping at O'Tooles campground and I will attach notes below from directions and discussions from Chester and Winnie

Memebers will arrive Thursday arvo to try and secure campsite and the meet goes till Monday.

Depending on numbers and experience of those that come we will have novice group and experienced group, we ask that the minimum requirement be that of proper rated recovery points front and back.

I will lead out the novices for a drive.

There are toilets but no running water so you need to be self sufficient, carry out what you carry in..... there may be a total fire ban so no open fires.

We welcome all and for those that have not come along before we are all a friendly bunch who like to have a good time without being louts.... except for Healy and Kris maybe???

We suggest also having your own maps and uhfs are a must whether it be handheld or fixed.

Here are some notes from discussions about directions..

I reckon "O" tooles would be the spot mate big open area heaps of room for all, who ever gets there first just spread out,it was a market garden in days gone by.Its very easy to find also.There are two ways to get to it,the easiest to explain is go through Walhalla untill you get to a sign that says Baw Baw national park, just before that the road veers to the left and starts to head down hill and another road veers to the right and heads uphill take the right onto BINNS RD follow untill the T intersection,Then turn left on to Mcevoys and follow untill you find Donnellays crk trk on your left,the one before it is Willamsons trk,once on Donnellys follow it until you see "O" tooles on your right.

The other way is to head for the Thompson dam over the wall and continue untill the T intersection turn left and follow untill you find Merringtons spur on the right.Follow that untill you come to a Juction with a track going right down on a camp ground hard left or straight either one of these two will take to to same spot only the staight ahead one has an extra river crossing.

If you turn left follow that around pass Juction hut(also known as Pats hut) to the river crossing NOW take care with this DO NOT i repeat DO NOT head to the left as there is a massive deep hole there,Head straight to the other side then exit the river turn left and drop into the second crossing.Follow that track untill another juction with a track veering left and one right, head right down the hill past Jorgesons hut over the river and follow untill you find "O"tooles on your left.

If you miss Merringtons spur dont stress keep following the main road and donnellys trk will be further up on you rightjust follow your nose through Tombom and you come to the juction mentioned above.
Its all clearlly maked on the map.

http://nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/pb2017/Winnie/THEJUNCTION_zpsf9e4dbb1.png

belzi82
12th December 2012, 02:57 PM
I am interested. Lots of nice camp spots up that way and I second that Roofy will now the best.

AB
12th December 2012, 03:03 PM
Count me in....The same spot we did for our first meet up was good.

Sir Roofy
12th December 2012, 03:16 PM
Will be very busy mate doubt youll get a camp spot /coopers will be full /aberfeldy bridge unlikely will have to moniter closer to the date

Maxhead
12th December 2012, 03:21 PM
Sound interesting, could be up for a drive

Bloodyaussie
12th December 2012, 03:22 PM
So negative ..... Where's the positive can do attitude !!!!!!!!!!!

You can just camp there all week to hold a spot, I will lend you a shotgun mate.

Sir Roofy
12th December 2012, 03:30 PM
so negative ..... Where's the positive can do attitude !!!!!!!!!!!

You can just camp there all week to hold a spot, i will lend you a shotgun mate.

lol you might be lucky like i said can be hectic im only 20min from there so could see how it goes

Bloodyaussie
12th December 2012, 04:08 PM
Good man roofy , you are the man.
So do you want me to leave you the 12g or the 410?????

Bob
12th December 2012, 04:13 PM
If it is the same place as we camped last year Roofy will catch the local Goanna and tie it up in the middle of the Camp Ground which will keep the tourists at Bay. LOL

belzi82
12th December 2012, 04:26 PM
lol you might be lucky like i said can be hectic im only 20min from there so could see how it goes

What about camping in your back yard???????????????????????????????

Sir Roofy
12th December 2012, 04:33 PM
What about camping in your back yard???????????????????????????????

yea bel could do that if necessary WOW THAT WOULD HAVE THE NEIGHBOURS TALKING WELL WITH THE TURN OUT WE NORMALY GET
COUL SQUEEZE THEM IN

Sir Roofy
12th December 2012, 04:35 PM
good man roofy , you are the man.

we,l be right mate got the 30/o6 here

Bloodyaussie
12th December 2012, 04:43 PM
we,l be right mate got the 30/o6 here

A man of my own heart, I just picked up another myself.

That would be a laugh squeezing ?? 4wd's on your property???

Sir Roofy
12th December 2012, 04:45 PM
a man of my own heart, i just picked up another myself.

That would be a laugh squeezing ?? 4wd's on your property???

would be depending how many put there hand up

MEGOMONSTER
12th December 2012, 04:53 PM
Good man roofy , you are the man.

I can get you a 50 cal if things get hectic.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Pog mo th'oin.

Winnie
12th December 2012, 06:23 PM
I'm 100% in on this one, only half an hour from home too yippee!!

DIAL-A-TAP

Bloodyaussie
12th December 2012, 06:41 PM
Thought you guys would like this!!!!!

Winnie
12th December 2012, 06:46 PM
Just realised the dates, do you think maybe we should have it the weekend after or something? Gonna be absolutely hectic that weekend and like what Roofy said, it's a very popular place I doubt we'd find somewhere for us all to camp.

Bloodyaussie
12th December 2012, 06:53 PM
Oh bloody hell...... no wonder Ab left this one up to me...... I am going to punch you in your big huge neck Chris!!!!!!!!

Well whats the go do we want to m,ake it for the weekend before???????

Winnie
12th December 2012, 06:57 PM
You gotta catch me first!!
Sorry mate I just reckon it would be way too flat out up there to find a big spot for us all. If we go ahead with it I'll still show up but reckon weekend before or after would be better.

Sir Roofy
12th December 2012, 07:00 PM
Just realised the dates, do you think maybe we should have it the weekend after or something? Gonna be absolutely hectic that weekend and like what Roofy said, it's a very popular place I doubt we'd find somewhere for us all to camp.

we locals stick together we travel around our territory just looking
walhalla is becomming a yuppy mega

Sir Roofy
12th December 2012, 07:06 PM
First w/end in feb would be good

Alitis007
12th December 2012, 07:17 PM
I would be in for a day trip unless i'm in Port Stephan's chasing a big marlin !!!

Winnie
12th December 2012, 07:46 PM
Isn't the first weekend of Feb the wandin show?

DIAL-A-TAP

chester
12th December 2012, 08:46 PM
Isn't the first weekend of Feb the wandin show?

DIAL-A-TAPSo??????
Sometime in feb would be the go.Could stay at O'tooles from there you could go up flats trk, down Army trk,up willowby spur then down white star back to camp.Or could go up flats along willamson's spur down fultons,then on to deep crk 2 or 4 cant remember which one is the nasty one.
However if it was winter time we could do the 1st trip and go up to Mt selma and play in the snow!!!!!

Winnie
12th December 2012, 08:57 PM
Nah it's all good Wandin show is the 17th of Feb, I want to bust a deal on a snorkel and rock sliders there.

I reckon up that way would be better than Walhalla, start out from Donnelly's or something

Sir Roofy
12th December 2012, 09:34 PM
nah it's all good wandin show is the 17th of feb, i want to bust a deal on a snorkel and rock sliders there.

I reckon up that way would be better than walhalla, start out from donnelly's or something

ok guys im with chester and winnie

Bloodyaussie
12th December 2012, 09:57 PM
Well maybe Chester and Winnie can organize this meet up then....????

I dont give a shit where it is.

If School has started then I will struggle to make it.

Winnie
12th December 2012, 10:01 PM
Come on mate don't get your knickers in a knot, will make it harder for Healy!!
What about the week before Australia Day weekend?

belzi82
12th December 2012, 10:02 PM
Long weekend would be best for me

chester
12th December 2012, 10:03 PM
Now Now BA dont get snippy :)
I was just throwing an option out there for you,if the weekend before works better for you then have it then.The place gets busy on long weekends. espeically if it's a hot one.

AB
12th December 2012, 10:43 PM
I'm happy to take the Friday off, head up Thursday arvo and lock in an area for us.

BA's put up the date so lets try and work with it. I know It's a long weekend but I hate just going away for a weekend only, not enough time!

I'll take an annual day off, maybe Timbo and Rossco and anyone else who can take the Friday off and we'll head up Thursday after work and lock in some spots.

We all know each other so camp spots don't have to spread out either.

Lets just lock that date in, we'll make it work.

chester
12th December 2012, 10:55 PM
Happy with that,see how i go.

MudRunnerTD
12th December 2012, 11:03 PM
I might be keen with the family in tow and the Camper Trailer for this one. Its my Wedding anniversary on Australia day so thats a bonus.

I have not done Flats Track in 8 or 9 years! we could just go up and down that all day and i'd be happy as a Pig! Hell Yeah!

MEGOMONSTER
12th December 2012, 11:22 PM
Thinking bout it, just that my father passed away on Australia Day which sort if makes it family day and cemetery day.

Rossco
12th December 2012, 11:26 PM
Sounds good to me. Deep Creek 1 (the creek one) and Deep Creek 4 (the steeeeep one) are a MUST. Been meaning to do these for a while. Also Fultons and Burgone tracks would be good too. It will be busy but guess we will just have to share! Maybe O'Tools / Merringtons area to camp?

Winnie
13th December 2012, 06:31 AM
I'm still 100% keen

DIAL-A-TAP

krbrooking
13th December 2012, 06:52 AM
Come on mate don't get your knickers in a knot, will make it harder for Healy!!
What about the week before Australia Day weekend?

If there is dust and dirt everywhere it will be hard for Healy. Lol

Will be keeping an eye on this and see what the boss says closer to the day.

Bloodyaussie
13th December 2012, 07:58 AM
Sorry for being a grump and I wont make excuses.

I will try and leave on the Thursday also, I really want my family to come but dont think it is a reality.

I look to the members who know the area well to think of a spot that suites our needs and then it will be up to the rest of us to try and make it work.

I will be bringing the creature comforts this time as 100kg of me does not like lying on the ground??????

Winnie
13th December 2012, 08:06 AM
I can head up Thursday too no worries but cannot think of a good spot off the top of my head, roofy and Chester would know the area a lot better than me

DIAL-A-TAP

Drewboyaus
13th December 2012, 03:30 PM
Aberfeldy River camping area was closed when I was last up that way.......had been smashed by flooding.......dunno if its been fixed up yet.

Winnie
13th December 2012, 03:51 PM
I'm going up that way this weekend so will have a look

DIAL-A-TAP

Sir Roofy
13th December 2012, 04:37 PM
aberfeldy river camping area was closed when i was last up that way.......had been smashed by flooding.......dunno if its been fixed up yet.

if they get a big turn out wont be big enough

chester
13th December 2012, 07:15 PM
Sounds good to me. Deep Creek 1 (the creek one) and Deep Creek 4 (the steeeeep one) are a MUST. Been meaning to do these for a while. Also Fultons and Burgone tracks would be good too. It will be busy but guess we will just have to share! Maybe O'Tools / Merringtons area to camp?Might be best to run two trips as some rigs are not set up for deep crk 1 and 4 as they can be VERY full on.

Bloodyaussie
13th December 2012, 08:34 PM
Well I think this time the groups will be split for sure... there are a lot of guys with decent rigs but no experience so should go out in the easier group.

I dont mind taking out the novices but need to know the tracks I will be using.

Winnie
13th December 2012, 08:48 PM
Just a suggestion, roofy could lead the easier stuff and Chester the harder stuff? No pressure of course only suggested because you guys both know the area really well

DIAL-A-TAP

chester
13th December 2012, 08:49 PM
BA if i attend i will join you on the trip if you like and help you out.If i can't make it ill PM you some tracks if you like.

BearGUST
13th December 2012, 09:40 PM
Sounds like a great trip, hopefully I can get there!

Bloodyaussie
13th December 2012, 09:54 PM
BA if i attend i will join you on the trip if you like and help you out.If i can't make it ill PM you some tracks if you like.

That would be good, I will sneak out with some for some tougher tracks but for the sake of the others I dont mind at all going out with the novices.

And it should be arranged in advance this time for those coming knowing there capability and putting there hand up early to opted for the easy group.... farrk that is a mouthful!!

Dont ask me to cook..... my wife has said she will not be coming but I will bring Erica who many of you have met.

Drewboyaus
13th December 2012, 09:54 PM
Might be best to run two trips as some rigs are not set up for deep crk 1 and 4 as they can be VERY full on.
That weekend is normally when I'm away with my usual crew.....but I'm keen to meet up with some of you fellas......so it's first in best dressed and looks like you'll be suffering me for the weekend!
Anything with a 2" lift and decent tires should do DK1 (driver willing) and DK4, well there's always the chicken track......the rest of that one is pretty mild apart from "THE" hill.

The qualification on the above comments though are that it stays dry........

Rossco
13th December 2012, 10:36 PM
Might be best to run two trips as some rigs are not set up for deep crk 1 and 4 as they can be VERY full on.

Definetly , I was thinking that. A well set up truck and experience are essential for some of those tracks and can envisage Deep Creek 4 especially being fairly extreme. . . Not the best first outing to christin the shiny newby and get a bit of practice!

belzi82
14th December 2012, 02:20 PM
Mate went to Deep Creek 4 the other weekend in a fully kitted rig and is wrecked his rear bar and rock sliders and a bit bent!!!!

belzi82
14th December 2012, 02:21 PM
Well I think this time the groups will be split for sure... there are a lot of guys with decent rigs but no experience so should go out in the easier group.

I dont mind taking out the novices but need to know the tracks I will be using.

Not everyone will be novices!!!!

Bloodyaussie
14th December 2012, 02:23 PM
Not everyone will be novices!!!!

Yes I know this....?????

MEGOMONSTER
14th December 2012, 05:47 PM
Us novices do have shiny new cars, and our wives (well my wife) doesn't appreciate bush pin striping but they'll get over it. Eventually.

growler2058
14th December 2012, 05:57 PM
Get her a tub of cut n polish for chrissie

Tap someone who cares

Bloodyaussie
14th December 2012, 06:18 PM
Yeah I say if you cant handle pin striping then this is not for you, we did a track in Rubicon during the winter that had not been traveled for years and it was tight for a bike let alone a Patrol... my mate in his D-Max was crying the whole way.

Winnie
14th December 2012, 06:32 PM
Mate of mine got a new 200 series and took it for a drive out bush. Made his wife cut back everything that could have possibly touched it, made me want to ram it with my bullbar lol

DIAL-A-TAP

Alitis007
14th December 2012, 06:49 PM
You can buy clear vinyl wrapping and run it down the side of you vehicle to protect the paint, only problem is it shows all the imperfections your panels have!!

Drewboyaus
14th December 2012, 07:01 PM
That was bloody funny growler...... Just had beer come out my nose!

growler2058
14th December 2012, 07:11 PM
That was bloody funny growler...... Just had beer come out my nose!

More than one way to skin a cat ay :)

Winnie
14th December 2012, 07:13 PM
You gonna be there Growler??? Looking forward to some of your chilli.

chester
14th December 2012, 08:14 PM
That weekend is normally when I'm away with my usual crew.....but I'm keen to meet up with some of you fellas......so it's first in best dressed and looks like you'll be suffering me for the weekend!
Anything with a 2" lift and decent tires should do DK1 (driver willing) and DK4, well there's always the chicken track......the rest of that one is pretty mild apart from "THE" hill.

The qualification on the above comments though are that it stays dry........When was the last you were there mate,there has been a ship load of cars attacking DP1 and 4 in the last 6 months.Been a number of roll overs and major panel damage done.Seen one as they got it out and it was a well set up 75 tray.

growler2058
14th December 2012, 08:16 PM
You gonna be there Growler??? Looking forward to some of your chilli.

It'll be a last minute decision I've not got any annual leave up started a new job and we got the Xmas break soooo don't like me chances but if I can wing it I will

Tap someone who cares

Maxhead
14th December 2012, 08:31 PM
It'll be a last minute decision I've not got any annual leave up started a new job and we got the Xmas break soooo don't like me chances but if I can wing it I will

Tap someone who cares

He'll be there Chris, otherwise we are going to SA to fuk him over!!! oooopppppppssssss

belzi82
14th December 2012, 08:33 PM

Tap someone who cares

You know u wanna come!!!!

growler2058
14th December 2012, 08:38 PM
I know I wanna it'll be a time issue but I will see how I go
I gotta smash poo with a ghost or Trinidad if there ready
I've had a major tragedy my chest freezer that had a few kg of chillis in it has shat itself and they've all been lost :(

Tap someone who cares

Drewboyaus
14th December 2012, 09:02 PM
When was the last you were there mate,there has been a ship load of cars attacking DP1 and 4 in the last 6 months.Been a number of roll overs and major panel damage done.Seen one as they got it out and it was a well set up 75 tray.

Last time I did a run up that way was probably the Aussie Day weekend last year. DK 4 I can understand, that's pretty knarly but DK1 is (or was) pretty
straight forward.
Like I said though, wouldn't want to do either in the wet (me anyway) as I don't have a winch.....and there'd be a lotta winching in the wet on DK1. DK4, now that would be sphincter material in the wet I reckon.
What's changed that there have been so many rollovers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drewboyaus
14th December 2012, 09:10 PM
I was last up there in August but didn't do DK tracks. It was wet and we decided to avoid the potential for major recovery time or panel damage.......

Drewboyaus
14th December 2012, 09:20 PM
Btw when I was up there in August, we camped at Merringtons and some $&@%#'s had treated the joint like one big big hole.....freakin circle work everywhere. The joint was totally chopped up.....

Winnie
14th December 2012, 09:42 PM
Unfortunately it always seems to be like that.

Bloodyaussie
14th December 2012, 10:08 PM
Gee how would you all feel if we changed it to Sheep yard flats??? just asking....... dont hurt me!!

Alitis007
14th December 2012, 11:29 PM
Try end of Barrys rd park thers a hill there !!! Lol

Bloodyaussie
15th December 2012, 11:27 AM
I am serious about the location change as I have had concerns from people about 1: the camp area suitable for so many cars 2: the terrain not being suited to novices as much and a few other things??

I know I am a pain in the arse?? How do you do a poll on the matter??

Drewboyaus
15th December 2012, 12:07 PM
BA, I'm not that fussed where we go and it's a fair concern about the size of the campsite....roughly how many would you expect?
From the tracks point of view, it would be interesting to get a report form someone on some of the general track conditions as I reckon there are a few dodgy ones for novices but I'm no Jedi Master when it comes to driving the tracks and I ended up doing DK1, DK4 (chicken track for "the hill") and Burgoines all on my first outing. With some good advice from my crew we did it easily......but it was dry.
Like I said though, I don't mind where we go as I really enjoy the camping and relaxing as much as the driving....and I'm new around here anyway.

Bloodyaussie
15th December 2012, 12:13 PM
Last trip about 25 cars..... ???

chester
15th December 2012, 03:05 PM
O tooles would piss it in could fit twice as many as last meet up.As for the tracks Donnellys crk trk is flat with a few little shallow water crossings ive driven it in middle of winter in 2wd with no problem,also driven it at 3 o'clock in the morning it is very easy,flats trk while kind of steep is very easliy done as it's not rutted just steep in spots.The only one which may be an issue for the novice is Army trk as it has some small ruts on a couple of down hill sections.Willowby spur will be an issue if it's wet if it's dry then no drama.White star and morning star are the same as flats but not as steep but not rutted out.Trig trk is steep with a couple of tight switch backs,pheasnts trk if dry is easliy done just steep in two sections.Now when i say steep,for those that came on the second drive at murrindini they not as rocky as the hill we did and not quite as steep or long.

WYLD333
15th December 2012, 03:18 PM
Hey guys i done this area 2 weeks ago in my rig, no lift just muddys. We did Army track, Beardmores, Fultons Creek, deep creek 1, and trigg and had no issue at all tracks are in good condition so i dnt see anyone having a problem unless u drive a disco

Drewboyaus
15th December 2012, 04:31 PM
Pheasant creek tk is always good fun in the wet..... Had a ripper time going up that one on a wet August weekend, so good we went back down it the following day!

Bloodyaussie
15th December 2012, 06:45 PM
O tooles would piss it in could fit twice as many as last meet up.As for the tracks Donnellys crk trk is flat with a few little shallow water crossings ive driven it in middle of winter in 2wd with no problem,also driven it at 3 o'clock in the morning it is very easy,flats trk while kind of steep is very easliy done as it's not rutted just steep in spots.The only one which may be an issue for the novice is Army trk as it has some small ruts on a couple of down hill sections.Willowby spur will be an issue if it's wet if it's dry then no drama.White star and morning star are the same as flats but not as steep but not rutted out.Trig trk is steep with a couple of tight switch backs,pheasnts trk if dry is easliy done just steep in two sections.Now when i say steep,for those that came on the second drive at murrindini they not as rocky as the hill we did and not quite as steep or long.
Chester I am with you and would really like to do Walhalla but I have no first hand knowledge of the area for 4wding and I am getting people worried about it being too tough for there shiny rigs???

Andy wants to do it also... do I stay the course and trust in you and Roofy and Chris's experience in the area to make this all happen???

I think this is what we will do... once you guys give me the spots that will work for us to camp I will set it all in motion.. I will still lead the novices out for some fun!!!!!!

Lets make this happen and make it fun!!!!!!!!

Drewboyaus
15th December 2012, 10:44 PM
Hey guys i done this area 2 weeks ago in my rig, no lift just muddys. We did Army track, Beardmores, Fultons Creek, deep creek 1, and trigg and had no issue at all tracks are in good condition so i dnt see anyone having a problem unless u drive a disco

And if you're driving a Disco you've got bigger problems, like getting there in the first place.......LOL.

WYLD333
16th December 2012, 09:59 AM
My mates disco made it there no worries not so much on the getting home side tho lmao. Blew 2 cv's at the bottom of fultons took us 6 hrs to get the thing out then a tow back home.

healy
16th December 2012, 12:25 PM
Yeah I'm up for this for a couple of days I can test out the new gopro

krbrooking
16th December 2012, 06:13 PM
Yeah I'm up for this for a couple of days I can test out the new gopro

Sweet does that mean even more vids... Lol....

P.S there will definitely be some dirt there, you sure you want to go?

Winnie
16th December 2012, 07:45 PM
I stayed at store point last night, Merringtons and otooles would be perfect for us. Me and a couple of mates did some easy tracks there today. Has anybody been there recently? They are putting in heaps of signs for all the historic sights, was talking to a guy from dse who is in charge of it all and he is doing an awesome job. He told us how to get to the store point school and cemetery. Weird as, walking through the scrub and out of nowhere there is a cemetery, creepy but awesome.

DIAL-A-TAP

Drewboyaus
16th December 2012, 07:58 PM
Which tracks did you do?
Never been to the cemetery, agree it sounds very cool....
One of the things I don't do often enough in the high country is stop to find the historic sites.....often too busy getting to the next track.....
Should stop every once in a while and have a look around.

Bloodyaussie
16th December 2012, 08:09 PM
Well done Chris..... you know this is unpaid research dont you!!!

There are a couple of people who were a bit worried about this location being too extreme who are starting to come around to the idea of turning up.. I hope so as it is beautiful country.

healy
16th December 2012, 08:13 PM

There are a couple of people who were a bit worried about this location being too extreme who are starting to come around to the idea of turning up.. I hope so as it is beautiful country.
It better be extreme

Maxhead
16th December 2012, 08:13 PM

There are a couple of people who were a bit worried about this location being too extreme who are starting to come around to the idea of turning up.. I hope so as it is beautiful country.\\

Any one knw this k**t?

chester
16th December 2012, 08:15 PM
I stayed at store point last night, Merringtons and otooles would be perfect for us. Me and a couple of mates did some easy tracks there today. Has anybody been there recently? They are putting in heaps of signs for all the historic sights, was talking to a guy from dse who is in charge of it all and he is doing an awesome job. He told us how to get to the store point school and cemetery. Weird as, walking through the scrub and out of nowhere there is a cemetery, creepy but awesome.

DIAL-A-TAPDid you hear the ghost at store point??????
My dad has just taken over the caretaking of that cemetry,be going up there soon to make a start,we also do the Edwards reef cemetry.

WYLD333
16th December 2012, 08:52 PM

It may be too extreme in the wettest of conditions but really there is nothing to worry about, If you go in the dry even standard cars will do nearly every track with a good driver

Winnie
16th December 2012, 09:00 PM
Did you hear the ghost at store point??????
My dad has just taken over the caretaking of that cemetry,be going up there soon to make a start,we also do the Edwards reef cemetry.

Oh that's awesome Chester, we went to the Edwards Reef Cemetery as well. The guy was telling us he is making a new map with all the historic sites on it, it is going to be a free map. Really wish I got his contact details, he has spent a big majority of his life in that area and said he has found over 500 sites like that.
Chester is there any easier way to get to the Store Point cemetery? We walked there from the Store Point hut.

Guys to get to O'Tooles etc... is easy as! Standard Patrols will get there in the wet not a problem. There are extreme tracks (we did Army track this morning, very fun track) and easy tracks out there, perfect for everyone in my opinion.

Winnie
16th December 2012, 09:03 PM
Which tracks did you do?
Never been to the cemetery, agree it sounds very cool....
One of the things I don't do often enough in the high country is stop to find the historic sites.....often too busy getting to the next track.....
Should stop every once in a while and have a look around.

Yeah they are really interesting, we went up to the waterwheel and everything, spent more time walking than driving I reckon. We started from Merrington's onto Donnely's Creek, then we camped the night. Started at Army track this morning then came back to Donnely's up to McEvoy's track. Had lunch on top of Mt. Useful and took McGuire's track back to above Aberfeldy and drove back to the Thomson Dam from there, after stopping at the Aberfeldy cemetery and some woman named Kitty's grave. Apparently she was held in very high regards, they were carrying her body to the Aberfeldy cemetery but decided it was too hard and buried her on the side of the road.
They have signs with info like this all over the place now, very cool!

Winnie
16th December 2012, 09:08 PM
I just found this post on 4x4earth, this is the guy I met and this is the project he is doing, great stuff!!
http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/community-announcements/22315-aberfeldy-heritage-project-help-required.html

Bloodyaussie
17th December 2012, 08:23 AM
Would be good to make a point we just go to all the historic sights and places of interest on a given day????

Have to have a think about it???

Winnie
17th December 2012, 08:26 AM
Think you'd be hard pressed to see them all in a day. Involves a shyt load of walking, took us about 3 hours turn around to see the morning star(?) water wheel and machinery.

Sir Roofy
17th December 2012, 09:26 AM
I just found this post on 4x4earth, this is the guy I met and this is the project he is doing, great stuff!!
http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/community-announcements/22315-aberfeldy-heritage-project-help-required.html

that guy has maps and books for sale as well i think

Winnie
17th December 2012, 06:33 PM
Yep you're right he does.

Drewboyaus
17th December 2012, 06:50 PM
Where can you buy the maps from?

Winnie
17th December 2012, 06:54 PM
Here they are.

http://www.adventurermaps.com.au/

Winnie
22nd December 2012, 07:54 PM
Officially have the Friday off so I can head up Thursday after work! Is anybody bringing their dogs? Thinking about bringing my Kelpie pup but not sure, had him with me last weekend in that area and he was great but it was only overnight.

Bloodyaussie
22nd December 2012, 09:54 PM
Thats brilliant mate... I will still head up Friday and will have to head back Sunday as my wife starts missing Erica too much and she hates being left home alone, I wish she would come????

Winnie
22nd December 2012, 09:57 PM
She can come mate you know I don't bite...

Get some VB into ya!

healy
22nd December 2012, 10:04 PM
I hope I can get down for this might have to do Thursday to Saturday if I can get there

Bloodyaussie
22nd December 2012, 10:04 PM
If only she would come.. not the you biting bit??

Main problem is she works for a company that is on the US stock exchange and she is in the middle of all the financials at the moment, she even worked today???

For me to go and enjoy myself I need to know she will be alright and safe without her knight in shining amour to rescue her... who ever he is!!!!

Winnie
22nd December 2012, 10:10 PM
Some bloke named Frank.... Hahaha I jest. Nah all good mate but you know you'll cop shit when you're leaving early lmao

Get some VB into ya!

Bloodyaussie
22nd December 2012, 10:29 PM
Yeah I know I will cop shit but compared to what awaits at home if I try and have it all my own way.. phew!!!

Winnie
25th December 2012, 04:10 PM
I'm heading this way again tomorrow for a day trip, gonna have my GoPro on so will get some nice footage for you all =]

healy
25th December 2012, 05:16 PM
Yeah I'm in for the whole weekend now plans have changed for the better

mudski
25th December 2012, 10:50 PM
I'm heading this way again tomorrow for a day trip, gonna have my GoPro on so will get some nice footage for you all =]

I've just started looking around for a camera. Where did you get it from?

Drewboyaus
25th December 2012, 10:58 PM
I just got one of the Aldi adventure cameras for Christmas.....Comes with a bicycle handle bar mount......
Looks like a bull bar mount to me....LOL.
Looking forward to giving it a run up at Toolangi later this week.

Winnie
26th December 2012, 07:38 AM
I've just started looking around for a camera. Where did you get it from?

Ebay from America... Half the price I could buy it locally. I got the silver version for $300

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapeth and Talketh

AB
26th December 2012, 08:44 AM
Rossco and timbo confirmed they'll take Friday off too so well be good to go Thursday after work.

AB
26th December 2012, 08:45 AM
I'll be on my own too, no family.

Winnie
26th December 2012, 08:49 AM
This one is going to be awesome! This place is still pretty easy to find but not as easy as the last meet, so perhaps we could all meet in Moe or something beforehand on the Thursday night? Depends what time everybody will be rolling up?

AB
26th December 2012, 08:53 AM
For sure mate, maybe around 5:30 or 6 at Moe?

I can prob leave work at 4 ish.

Where are we camping? Ba can you please update the first post?

Maxhead
26th December 2012, 08:53 AM
I'm hoping I can still make this one too. Sounds awesome

Winnie
26th December 2012, 08:56 AM
For sure mate, maybe around 5:30 or 6 at Moe?

I can prob leave work at 4 ish.

Where are we camping? Ba can you please update the first post?

I dunno if I'll be finishing work at 3:30 or 5... changes week about. Worst case though I could do 6 o'clock at Moe because I'll have to run home to get the Patrol. I know my way though so I can catch up if need be.

Winnie
26th December 2012, 08:56 AM
You better be there Kris!!!!!

Maxhead
26th December 2012, 08:59 AM
You better be there Kris!!!!!

Yeah, that's the plan but I have decided to look for work so that could complicate things but maybe not rule it out...:)

Bloodyaussie
26th December 2012, 09:39 AM
I am still relying on Chester and Chris and roofy to tell me the best camping spot for us then I will finalise all the details.

Started really hanging for this but don't want to wish my holidays away.

Sent from my phone on the dunny at tootgarook

Winnie
26th December 2012, 06:43 PM
Either Merringtons flat or O'Tooles flat would be perfect for us. There is also Little O'tooles but I've never seen it so dunno what it's like. We spent the day out there again today and did some really cool tracks!

Sir Roofy
26th December 2012, 06:52 PM
either merringtons flat or o'tooles flat would be perfect for us. There is also little o'tooles but i've never seen it so dunno what it's like. We spent the day out there again today and did some really cool tracks!

wheres the pics winnie

Winnie
26th December 2012, 06:55 PM
They are uploading now so are the videos =]

Sir Roofy
26th December 2012, 06:58 PM
they are uploading now so are the videos =]

your a good man cant wait to see whats changed

chester
26th December 2012, 07:10 PM
I reckon "O" tooles would be the spot mate big open area heaps of room for all, who ever gets there first just spread out,it was a market garden in days gone by.Its very easy to find also.There are two ways to get to it,the easiest to explain is go through Walhalla untill you get to a sign that says Baw Baw national park, just before that the road veers to the left and starts to head down hill and another road veers to the right and heads uphill take the right onto BINNS RD follow untill the T intersection,Then turn left on to Mcevoys and follow untill you find Donnellays crk trk on your left,the one before it is Willamsons trk,once on Donnellys follow it until you see "O" tooles on your right.

The other way is to head for the Thompson dam over the wall and continue untill the T intersection turn left and follow untill you find Merringtons spur on the right.Follow that untill you come to a Juction with a track going right down on a camp ground hard left or straight either one of these two will take to to same spot only the staight ahead one has an extra river crossing.

If you turn left follow that around pass Juction hut(also known as Pats hut) to the river crossing NOW take care with this DO NOT i repeat DO NOT head to the left as there is a massive deep hole there,Head straight to the other side then exit the river turn left and drop into the second crossing.Follow that track untill another juction with a track veering left and one right, head right down the hill past Jorgesons hut over the river and follow untill you find "O"tooles on your left.

If you miss Merringtons spur dont stress keep following the main road and donnellys trk will be further up on you rightjust follow your nose through Tombom and you come to the juction mentioned above.
Its all clearlly maked on the map.

Winnie
26th December 2012, 07:16 PM
I think the easier was is via Merringtons just my opinion. Damn just tried to upload these videos but the files are enormous it would take a week to upload one of them.

Winnie
26th December 2012, 07:26 PM
Didn't get as many photos as I thought?

Found this on Mt. Useful
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/12/61.jpg

Here's the view from Mt. Useful
http://nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/pb2017/Winnie/Temp1668302673PhotafPanoramaPicHD.jpg

MudRunnerTD
26th December 2012, 07:28 PM
I am expecting to get my Camper into OTooles without difficulty? It's a Tambo so it's going anywhere the GUIV can Drag it ;)

Not keen to drag it up Flats track though unless absolutely necessary!

MudRunnerTD
26th December 2012, 07:29 PM
That first pic is a little depressing Winnie!

Winnie
26th December 2012, 07:30 PM
You won't have any dramas at all. Gotta do a very shallow river crossing and one kinda steep (not steep by my standards and certainly not yours) short downhill section if you come the way from the Thomson dam. I would not hesitate to take a camper trailer at all.

Winnie
26th December 2012, 07:31 PM
That first pic is a little depressing Winnie!

I was talking to the guy there, he had been grading McEvoy's track which is like a main road so no dramas there

chester
26th December 2012, 07:32 PM
I am expecting to get my Camper into OTooles without difficulty? It's a Tambo so it's going anywhere the GUIV can Drag it ;)

Not keen to drag it up Flats track though unless absolutely necessary!MR it you cant get your camper into "O"tooles you better go home and put your rigs on the market LOL.

Winnie
26th December 2012, 07:33 PM
My mate flexing his GU at Lloyd's hut
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/12/62.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/12/63.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/12/64.jpg

chester
26th December 2012, 07:35 PM
I think the easier was is via Merringtons just my opinion. Damn just tried to upload these videos but the files are enormous it would take a week to upload one of them.Both ways are very easy the first one i said going through walhalla is the easiest to explain. LOL

chester
26th December 2012, 07:38 PM
My mate flexing his GU at Lloyd's hut
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/12/62.jpg] Little known fact for ya winnie Lloyds hut is on private land,The bloke lives in Glenmaggie.

Drewboyaus
26th December 2012, 07:40 PM
Key thing is to make sure all those coming pick up a copy of the Rooftop's map of the area (if you don't already have one). I can't remember which one it is but I'll head out to my truck in a mo and find out.
They are easy the best for the area.

Winnie
26th December 2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah I did know that actually think it says somewhere inside the hut? That's a great hut that one, hot running water and all!

Drewboyaus
26th December 2012, 07:43 PM
Which tracks did you do today?

Winnie
26th December 2012, 07:46 PM
Started at Merringtons then went onto Morning Star, went to the top then came back down and did Army Track then came back down. Finished Donnely Creek and took McGuires off McEvoys. Detoured up to Mt Selma then came back down, fun little drive up to there. Then finished McGuires and drove home through Aberfeldy.

Drewboyaus
26th December 2012, 07:50 PM
Nice drive. What was Army like?

Winnie
26th December 2012, 07:52 PM
Piece of pie, hasn't changed since last winter still a few big step ups but I did it no problems with my 32" all terrains on.

Drewboyaus
26th December 2012, 08:25 PM
Nice.
For those that don't have it, it's the Rooftops Walhalla - Woods Point Adventure map.

chester
26th December 2012, 10:04 PM
Yeah I did know that actually think it says somewhere inside the hut? That's a great hut that one, hot running water and all!It is a great hut take a generator and lead and you have lights aswell.
I most likely wont make it up untill saturday morning.

Bloodyaussie
26th December 2012, 10:47 PM
Thanks Chester when I get back from holiday I will update the thread to show the camp and your directions.

Not so keen for deep water as I have a petrol engine , will know when I get there I guess???

Winnie
26th December 2012, 10:51 PM
Thanks Chester when I get back from holiday I will update the thread to show the camp and your directions.

Not so keen for deep water as I have a petrol engine , will know when I get there I guess???

Mate you'd have to go looking to find deep water. Not that much of it out there on the tracks anyway. You know what there is a lot of though? DUST!!

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapeth and Talketh

Bloodyaussie
26th December 2012, 10:55 PM
I love dust, I use it to clean my teeth!!

Winnie
27th December 2012, 07:50 PM
Here's some more photos my mates got

Mate coming up Army track and me following in the back to give him a push when he gets stuck
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/379439_533799983305792_149735445_n.jpg

View from the Aberfeldy rd
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/386737_533723283313462_675695668_n.jpg

About half way up Army tk
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/14622_533723709980086_1868990777_n.jpg

Stopped at the Aberfeldy river crossing on Merrington tk
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/550410_533723976646726_302986060_n.jpg

Representing the Redback bag hahah
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/548096_10151222914404332_321025193_n.jpg

Bottom of Mt Selma tk (AWESOME fun track by the way)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/735103_533723099980147_730557885_n.jpg

Bloodyaussie
27th December 2012, 07:51 PM
Awesome pics mate, look forward to it.

Drewboyaus
27th December 2012, 07:59 PM
I've not done Mt Selma tk.....sounds good.

Winnie
27th December 2012, 08:11 PM
The best thing anybody can do is get the map... walhalla - woods point adventure map by rooftops. You can't get lost with one of those, even if you have offroad GPS still have this as a backup. There is one part where a few people might get confused but Chester explained it all pretty well.

http://nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/pb2017/Winnie/THEJUNCTION_zpsf9e4dbb1.png

If you come from the Thomson Dam and Merrington's Track you will come from the bottom left track, I have always continued straight onto Donnelly's Creek Track on the top right track and tbh have never gone up that top left track which Chester says takes you to the same place. If you go down the top right track it will come to a very small slightly steep downhill, don't need low range or anything and wouldn't hesitate with a camper. Then when you get to the bottom of that straight away turn right and cross the small creek there and continue on that track until you see a Y intersection. Don't know what happens if you turn left there but continue on down to the right and you will see Little O'tooles camp ground, nicely signed and everything. Not very far past there is a sign that says "Tooles camp ground" which is where we will be camping! The O is missing from that sign for some reason. Very hard to get lost!!

AB
27th December 2012, 08:14 PM
Awesome mate, really looking forward to this one!!!

Winnie
27th December 2012, 08:17 PM
We are definitely going to have to split into different groups this time... softcore/hardcore type thing. Army tk... flats tk... can't wait! Gonna advise to stay away from S tk though, mate at work did it and although he drives a cruiser it's quite capable and he is a great driver he said it's deadly... roll your car type thing so I'll be staying away from that one myself.

Sir Roofy
27th December 2012, 08:18 PM
Awesome mate, really looking forward to this one!!!

couple of tricky bits for ya ab dont get lost lmfao

Maxhead
27th December 2012, 08:20 PM
......so where are we going???/ lol

Winnie
27th December 2012, 08:46 PM
O'Tooles camp ground near Aberfeldy

Bloodyaussie
27th December 2012, 09:30 PM
I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just imagine big Kev saying it.

Drewboyaus
27th December 2012, 09:43 PM
Looks like I'm going to be in for Friday night, Saturday and Saturday night....
I've been threatened with ex-communication if I don't make an appearance for our traditional (my normal crews) boys weekend at Walhalla on Australia Day...
Really looking forward to meeting you guys......
I'm an interesting case having only been a mad 4wder for a couple of years (so relatively inexperienced) but done DK 1, DK 4, Bassalt Knob etc.
Happy to help out though with the inexperienced though....
I'm good at tail end duties 'cause I like to keep everyone nice and bunched up! LOL.

Drewboyaus
27th December 2012, 09:44 PM
Go the Q!

Winnie
27th December 2012, 10:11 PM
KEEEEEEEEEEEEEN AS for this one!!

Drewboyaus
27th December 2012, 10:20 PM
KEEEEEEEEEEEEEN AS for this one!!

And why not......probably the best location for 4wding anywhere in the world!

Winnie
27th December 2012, 10:22 PM
Yeah I head out there all the time now, great place that's for sure

chester
27th December 2012, 10:32 PM
The best thing anybody can do is get the map... walhalla - woods point adventure map by rooftops. You can't get lost with one of those, even if you have offroad GPS still have this as a backup. There is one part where a few people might get confused but Chester explained it all pretty well.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

If you come from the Thomson Dam and Merrington's Track you will come from the bottom left track, I have always continued straight onto Donnelly's Creek Track on the top right track and tbh have never gone up that top left track which Chester says takes you to the same place. If you go down the top right track it will come to a very small slightly steep downhill, don't need low range or anything and wouldn't hesitate with a camper. Then when you get to the bottom of that straight away turn right and cross the small creek there and continue on that track until you see a Y intersection. Don't know what happens if you turn left there but continue on down to the right and you will see Little O'tooles camp ground, nicely signed and everything. Not very far past there is a sign that says "Tooles camp ground" which is where we will be camping! The O is missing from that sign for some reason. Very hard to get lost!!The top left track takes you around the side of the ridge and puts you at the river past junction hut,the way you go winnie when you get to the second crossing where you head right look to your left and you'll see the track i mean.
The one you have marked as a steep rocky one is old bridle trk very steep takes you straight up onto the Aberfeldy rd.
At the "Y" intersection you said about if you go left it takes you out through Tombon past "code's" flat and up onto the Aberfeldy Rd.
Have done "S" track before but a long long time ago so have no idea what it's like now.

The MT Selma trk in you pic's winnie,ive done that in the snow,Very hairy just glad there were no seat covers otherwise it would have to have been surgically removed LOL.

Drewboyaus
27th December 2012, 10:48 PM
My first ever trip a mate and I (who supposedly knew where we were going) arrived into Merringtons via that old Bridle tk by accident at 10 o'clock at night......brown undies moment for a newbie....LOL, but I survived!
A bloke from the Rangie club in a beaut V8 disco who was with us for his first club trip never came away with our group again.....
Mind you he lost a trailing arm after tackling DK 1 the next day too.....did I say it was a Disco....LOL

Winnie
27th December 2012, 11:05 PM
Knew you'd be along soon Chester to help out there! Selma sounds like it might be a bit more tame than when you did it... piece of pie in the dry with my all terrains on just a lot of fun climbing for so long. Imagine it would be VERY fun in the wet but don't think it would be as bad as you described lmao, it's got nothing on that hill we did at Murrindindi, but we climbed for 20 minutes, got it all on camera too

Drewboyaus
27th December 2012, 11:11 PM
Which Hill in Murindindi? I'm heading there tomorrow....

Winnie
27th December 2012, 11:31 PM
It was called "lyndells track" or something like that, we had a lot of fun doing that one!

Bloodyaussie
28th December 2012, 10:00 AM
Yeah can't wait, have a few things need doing during January to be ready for this trip.

I will head up first thing Friday morning and hopefully the run up there is not to bad traffic wise.

What are the facilities like at this camp ground???

Winnie
28th December 2012, 10:26 AM
What facilities?????? lmao there might be a thunderbox I'm not too sure.... Chester will know.

Bloodyaussie
28th December 2012, 10:56 AM
Smart ass!!!!

I think it is fair to let people know if there is a drop toilet or nothing at all .

Before I edit the main post I want all the details, as much as possible anyway!!

Winnie
28th December 2012, 11:01 AM
http://www.4x4earth.com.au/campsites.html?site=15

Says here there is a toilet. It definitely won't have running water though. Get a lot of tools there sometimes though, doing donuts but of course they won't do it if there are people there

WYLD333
28th December 2012, 04:39 PM
there's toilets around most of the camsites so shouldnt be an issue

Sir Roofy
28th December 2012, 06:11 PM
http://www.4x4earth.com.au/campsites.html?site=15

says here there is a toilet. It definitely won't have running water though. Get a lot of tools there sometimes though, doing donuts but of course they won't do it if there are people there

hey winnie why know fishing its still open for trout isn,t it

must have been closed season when they went

Winnie
28th December 2012, 09:26 PM
No clue mate?

Sir Roofy
29th December 2012, 01:30 PM
there's toilets around most of the camsites so shouldnt be an issue

its good to see toilets in the bush the women will go camping wich is good
but you also get more ppl than expected and these tucked away places get
over crowded

Sir Roofy
29th December 2012, 01:32 PM
hey winnie why know fishing its still open for trout isn,t it

must have been closed season when they went

should be ok this time

Drewboyaus
29th December 2012, 06:39 PM
Hey Winnie,
Didn't do Lyndells, but did Aeroplane and a bunch of others.....one unnamed one where we spent all morning winching and snatching through muddy ruts and bogholes....
Bloody awesome fun....including me falling into one bogholes and climbing out looking like a swamp monster! LOL.
That first bit of Aeroplane is scary as hell....ended up spitting boulders from under the wheels and had to back down! No chance on that one with no lockers....ended up getting up a nearby one (Reds West) which was plenty steep and rocky too
A mate in a Disco started floating away in one of the holes....bloody funny.
I'll post up some pics and vids in a new thread once I clean myself and the truck up a bit...

AB
29th December 2012, 07:07 PM
Just met up with mudski and ba. We have decided to spice things up and make this a dress up meet up.

Please turn up dressed up with the letter P!!!!

Winnie
29th December 2012, 07:30 PM
Just met up with mudski and ba. We have decided to spice things up and make this a dress up meet up.

Please turn up dressed up with the letter P!!!!

Okay "pisswreck" that suits me

Bloodyaussie
29th December 2012, 08:03 PM
Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha, mags just read your post andy and had a good old laugh!!!!

How's the pub!!! Has ya mum come and got you yet?????

Bloodyaussie
30th December 2012, 04:39 PM
I have updated the first thread and if anyone can think of anything else to add please let me know and I will edit....

Cuppa
30th December 2012, 08:02 PM
After my little excursion this arvo I'm feeling quite miffed that I can't make this meet up, especially as you are now having a separate novices group. Unfortunately I have to stay home to look after my wife who will be in hospital for surgery a few days before & coming home on the Friday or Saturday. The mention of Army Track rings a bell, I reckon I might've ridden that years ago on my XR Honda. Is that the track which goes across to the Licola Road & comes out next to Cheynes Bridge?

Cuppa

AB
30th December 2012, 08:15 PM
Shame cuppa, plenty of other meet ups well organize next year mate I'm sure!

chester
30th December 2012, 08:21 PM
After my little excursion this arvo I'm feeling quite miffed that I can't make this meet up, especially as you are now having a separate novices group. Unfortunately I have to stay home to look after my wife who will be in hospital for surgery a few days before & coming home on the Friday or Saturday. The mention of Army Track rings a bell, I reckon I might've ridden that years ago on my XR Honda. Is that the track which goes across to the Licola Road & comes out next to Cheynes Bridge?

CuppaNah cuppa armytrk goes from Donnellys crk trk up to Williamsons spur trk.The other end of it goes from Williamsons spur upto the Aberfeldy rd from memory.Your not thinking of Blacksnake or Cheynes trk.

Cuppa
30th December 2012, 09:04 PM
Must be Cheynes Track I'm thinking of, but I stil reckon I've ridden Army Track at some dim & distant time.

Cuppa

Sir Roofy
30th December 2012, 09:11 PM
after my little excursion this arvo i'm feeling quite miffed that i can't make this meet up, especially as you are now having a separate novices group. Unfortunately i have to stay home to look after my wife who will be in hospital for surgery a few days before & coming home on the friday or saturday. The mention of army track rings a bell, i reckon i might've ridden that years ago on my xr honda. Is that the track which goes across to the licola road & comes out next to cheynes bridge?

Cuppa

you can go acroos that way cuppa your right

threedogs
30th December 2012, 10:26 PM
Dress up with "P" sounds like a pirate 4x4 trip. lo
DOES EVERYONE KNOW CONVOY PROCEDURE??????
pERSONALLY I don't go on long weekennds usuall find all the places
full of idiots. Watch out for the chook chashers noy just 4x4

Winnie
30th December 2012, 11:51 PM
I am the "p plater"

healy
2nd January 2013, 02:01 PM
Is it Aussie day yet

AB
2nd January 2013, 09:37 PM
At least it gives some of us some happiness when we go back to work next week.... :(

Winnie
2nd January 2013, 10:44 PM
Next week? Geez I'm already back at it you slacker!

Maxhead
2nd January 2013, 10:48 PM
WORK....whats that??/ hahahah

Winnie
2nd January 2013, 10:51 PM
You're living the dream hey mate

Maxhead
2nd January 2013, 10:53 PM
You're living the dream hey mate

Its more of a blur lately...hahahah

Winnie
2nd January 2013, 11:23 PM
Sounds the same to me hahaha

Winnie
4th January 2013, 06:09 PM
I was just telling Rossco about the trip were gonna go on and how he's gonna meet new friends there... This was his reaction

Bloodyaussie
4th January 2013, 06:26 PM
Told my Erica this trip might be a little more full on as far as tracks go and she said she will let me know if she is coming or not???? funny bugger she is!!!

Got another tent today as I either have a swag or a bloody big tent and I wanted something in between.

Radiator is the only main thing I am erring and umming over!!

Winnie
4th January 2013, 06:28 PM
Get it cleaned out before the trip? I did mine and cost me $120 and they took the radiator out, cleaned it inside and out, painted it and put it back in and made a MASSIVE difference as it was 80% blocked.

Bloodyaussie
4th January 2013, 06:33 PM
I need a new one mate... cant afford $500 for one but have seen a copper and brass one on ebay for half that amount but am unsure of the quality ???

Winnie
4th January 2013, 06:37 PM
Ah no good... mate I'd steer clear, remember what you promised yourself about buying cheap stuff???

Drewboyaus
4th January 2013, 07:26 PM
Told my Erica this trip might be a little more full on as far as tracks go and she said she will let me know if she is coming or not???? funny bugger she is!!!

Got another tent today as I either have a swag or a bloody big tent and I wanted something in between.

'Not any more difficult than the "hill of death" I see you did on New Years Day.
If you got up there, you shouldn't have too many dramas with most of the Tracks around Walhalla.....unless its wet!

I've never understood the allure of a swag, always putting a tarp over them in crappy weather. I have one of those speedy tents and reckon they're the business for shorter stays.....I used one for a three day trip along the Butcher Country track in the snow a couple of years ago....it was cold-ish but dry.
I then went out and bought a proper 4 season tent for those expeditions...particularly when the eldest daughter wanted to start coming along.

Winnie
4th January 2013, 07:29 PM
I love my swag, set up and pack up in about a minute... When it's raining throw it in the back of the car

Bloodyaussie
4th January 2013, 07:31 PM
I use my swag for quick overnighters when shooting!!!

I need to get out again already... going stir crazy!!!!

Drewboyaus
4th January 2013, 07:38 PM
Nice looking Kelpie is Rosco....I've got one of them too. Mines a Blue one from up Maryborough way.
I've not taken mine out yet (he's 11 months). Where does Roscoe sleep when you're camping?

Not dissing the swag, just never appealed to me.

Winnie
4th January 2013, 07:41 PM
Nice looking Kelpie is Rosco....I've got one of them too. Mines a Blue one from up Maryborough way.
I've not taken mine out yet (he's 11 months). Where does Roscoe sleep when you're camping?

Rossco is only 12 weeks old so I've only taken him out once. He slept inside one of the huts with us. Otherwise I would tie him to the back of the car and put his bed and water under the car to keep him cool/dry.
Are you gonna bring your pup along then? BA will no doubt bring his too.

Bloodyaussie
4th January 2013, 07:53 PM
Are we allowed to bring them to this location??

I will not bring them also if Mags wants me to keep them home as early warning device for intruders or if it is a National Park...

Winnie
4th January 2013, 07:57 PM
Are we allowed to bring them to this location??

I will not bring them also if Mags wants me to keep them home as early warning device for intruders or if it is a National Park...

Yes mate dogs are allowed, it's state forest not national park

Drewboyaus
4th January 2013, 07:59 PM
I haven't decided yet.
The tricky thing I'm working with is because I've crate trained him that's where he sleeps at our place, in his crate in the lounge room.
To take him camping I need to introduce a new bedding arrangement for him (crate wont fit under the truck) before I go so he's settled and I'm not sure if I have the patience for that at the mo....
Here's a pic...24137

Bloodyaussie
4th January 2013, 08:10 PM
Wish I could crate train my kids......

Ok if the wife lets me bring them then they will be there.. as it looks like a smaller meet I will not have to worry as much.

I hope the temp comes down a bit for this trip??

Winnie
4th January 2013, 08:14 PM
I hope so too. It will most likely be a total fire ban which means no fire obviously. Can still use gas stoves etc as long as you have 10L of water at the ready

Drewboyaus
4th January 2013, 08:25 PM
Wish I could crate train my kids......

I've tried but social services aren't big fans of the process! Lol

Weather might be ok....last year was pretty warm (30's) and we were down at MacAllister Gorge but no fire bans.

Winnie
4th January 2013, 08:40 PM
I hope it cools down by then. It's just not camping without a camp fire!

healy
6th January 2013, 09:45 AM
I'm out at this stage unless I some how find the car I want

Bloodyaussie
6th January 2013, 10:57 AM
I'm out at this stage unless I some how find the car I want

What... are you having a mid life crisis ???

Winnie
6th January 2013, 11:00 AM
The torque monster is gone you muppet!!

Bloodyaussie
6th January 2013, 11:06 AM
What...... get another car quick Anthony or I will come down there and give you something special!!!!!!

You a muppet Chris....???

Bloodyaussie
7th January 2013, 05:26 PM
I will be leaving my place in the Northern Suburbs on Friday Morning, will anyone else be heading there Friday morning??

My daughter may bail on this one she said she will let me know and the wife has said I have to at least leave one dog at home??? so I think I will bring the terrorist and leave the old fellow at home.

When are others heading up??

AB
7th January 2013, 05:38 PM
Our plan was to leave Thursday after work but Friday could be tempting....Is anyone else heading up Thursday after work?

Winnie???

If no one else is heading up on Thursday maybe Rossco, Timbo and I will head up first light.

Bloodyaussie
7th January 2013, 05:54 PM
I am at the mercy of my family but have given Thursday some thought..???

I want Irish to come along and man up as the prick is getting married 2 weeks later and this will be his last man trip... after this his nuts are gone!!!!!!!

Trying to convince my long time mate to turn up in his company hilux... he does not have the guts to take it out on a track..

Got the Aldi camping cook set on Saturday for $70 so will enjoy trying it out.

Sir Roofy
7th January 2013, 06:19 PM
Our plan was to leave Thursday after work but Friday could be tempting....Is anyone else heading up Thursday after work?

Winnie???

If no one else is heading up on Thursday maybe Rossco, Timbo and I will head up first light.

where are you camping o,tooles or coopers creek
kida got lost with this thread

Bloodyaussie
7th January 2013, 06:22 PM
O'tooles mate... the first post got updated with all the details including directions from both Chester and your mate Chris!!!

Winnie
7th January 2013, 06:23 PM

Winnie???

Yep I've got Friday off work and am heading up Thursday night.
Hey Roofy the plan is Otooles

Sir Roofy
7th January 2013, 06:29 PM
o'tooles mate... The first post got updated with all the details including directions from both chester and your mate chris!!!

never thought to look there lol any way i can be there thursday arvo
depending on what the doc says
what we need is a banner same as qld mob to put up
how bout it andy ??can ask for donations hell yea why not
$5-10-20 what ever ppl would like to put in
then when others show up they have a choice of staying
or going at least they,l know whats on

Bloodyaussie
7th January 2013, 06:35 PM
I will chuck in $10 for that

Winnie
7th January 2013, 06:35 PM
That's a great idea Roofy! I'd be more than happy to donate for that

AB
7th January 2013, 06:42 PM
Need to get Scotty to send it back to the homeland lol

I got one of those camp boxes at ALdi too. Great buy!!!

Sir Roofy
7th January 2013, 06:42 PM
that's a great idea roofy! I'd be more than happy to donate for that

ive pm,d andy see what happens

Bloodyaussie
7th January 2013, 06:48 PM
Would we get it by then ????

Andy I have not even opened the box yet.. dont know what is inside or how good they are!!!

Peter( Irish) just messaged me to say he was in and looking forward to this trip so that's a big plus for me!!!!!!

He is not 100% on dates as yet and thanks to Andy either am I ???

Winnie
7th January 2013, 06:51 PM
Leave Thursday night guys the place is gonna go mental on Friday with people showing up, I'd be getting there Wednesday if I could.

Sir Roofy
7th January 2013, 06:55 PM
leave thursday night guys the place is gonna go mental on friday with people showing up, i'd be getting there wednesday if i could.

thats what i was thinking winnie another reason we need the banner
could be packed

AB
7th January 2013, 07:34 PM
Thursday it is then, let's do it!!!

Sir Roofy
7th January 2013, 07:38 PM

x 2 early bird gets the worm
best get on to scot then

MudRunnerTD
7th January 2013, 07:38 PM
I cant get there any earlier than Friday Night and it will be pretty late i reckon. I will have the camper on so save me a good spot blokes.

Sir Roofy
7th January 2013, 07:40 PM
I cant get there any earlier than Friday Night and it will be pretty late i reckon. I will have the camper on so save me a good spot blokes.

and no jumping of the camper in the dark

MudRunnerTD
7th January 2013, 07:41 PM
and no jumping of the camper in the dark

I'm pack'n the bloody Crutches just in case!!

Winnie
7th January 2013, 07:46 PM

Beautiful! Cannot wait for this one!

Bloodyaussie
7th January 2013, 07:46 PM
OK I have spoken to the boss and Erica might give this one a miss and I will head down Thursday night...... so Andy do you want to convoy???

Need to see if Peter will get the Friday off and head down with us... I am sure he is reading all of this and may let me know???

Winnie
7th January 2013, 07:47 PM
OK I have spoken to the boss and Erica might give this one a miss and I will head down Thursday night...... so Andy do you want to convoy???

Need to see if Peter will get the Friday off and head down with us... I am sure he is reading all of this and may let me know???

Boys weekend! Lmao

Sir Roofy
7th January 2013, 07:47 PM
i'm pack'n the bloody crutches just in case!!

good thinking 99
did you get timbos thread its a sticky

Bloodyaussie
7th January 2013, 07:49 PM
Roofy Erica just said she does not remember you.... she remembered Chris but not you!!!!!!!!

Do you want me to hurt her???

MudRunnerTD
7th January 2013, 08:18 PM
good thinking 99
did you get timbos thread its a sticky

Yes mate cheers for that, I embedded it into that thread in your post mate. Timbo did a great job of that DIY

MudRunnerTD
7th January 2013, 08:20 PM
Roofy Erica just said she does not remember you.... she remembered Chris but not you!!!!!!!!

How could she not remember Roofy!!!! I get Chris! There was 7 of them so that's a No Brainer!! I remember Chris lol.

Roofy's the bloke with the big Akubra sitting by the fire. Quiet, distinguished gentleman.

Sir Roofy
7th January 2013, 08:25 PM
roofy erica just said she does not remember you.... She remembered chris but not you!!!!!!!!

noway mate its cool idid,nt realy speak to her
she was to busy playing with the other kids
but alas i know her and the others

krbrooking
7th January 2013, 08:26 PM
Won't make this one fella's the car has not been behaving the last week is so and is a bit soon after xmass and so on. Have a fun and safe weekend ppl and don't forget those pics.

Sir Roofy
7th January 2013, 08:28 PM
how could she not remember roofy!!!! I get chris! There was 7 of them so that's a no brainer!! I remember chris lol.

Roofy's the bloke with the big akubra sitting by the fire. Quiet, distinguished gentleman.

yeah thats me alright ,i quite like that discription
thanks m.r

Sir Roofy
7th January 2013, 08:30 PM
won't make this one fella's the car has not been behaving the last week is so and is a bit soon after xmass and so on. Have a fun and safe weekend ppl and don't forget those pics.

thats a shame mate now who,s going to be the camera man

Bloodyaussie
7th January 2013, 08:39 PM
Yeah I knew Kevin would not be coming and was a bit bummed but then I got over it and had another beer!!!!!

Too late Roofy I have beaten Erica within an inch of her life..... funny the more she is spoken about the more I think she almost wants to change her mind and come!!!!

Sir Roofy
7th January 2013, 08:44 PM
yeah i knew kevin would not be coming and was a bit bummed but then i got over it and had another beer!!!!!

Too late roofy i have beaten erica within an inch of her life..... Funny the more she is spoken about the more i think she almost wants to change her mind and come!!!!

dont discourage her mate the more the merry,er ,school,s not back yet

MudRunnerTD
7th January 2013, 08:47 PM
Yeah I knew Kevin would not be coming and was a bit bummed but then I got over it and had another beer!!!!!

Too late Roofy I have beaten Erica within an inch of her life..... funny the more she is spoken about the more I think she almost wants to change her mind and come!!!!

Tell her Zach is coming, i think they got along well.

Winnie
7th January 2013, 08:48 PM
What about Chester? Are him and his motley crue coming along?