PDA

View Full Version : 3L or 4.2?

k.read13
11th December 2012, 06:51 PM
Hi. I was wondering what is better a new 3L common rail or a 2006 4.2?

I bought a 2012 3L and was wondering how to install drawers

The type of drawers are outback.

My drawers were from my previous patrol and the holes don't line up.

Also how do I install a duel battery

The brand I have is a red arc

I'm not sure where I should put the solenoid

I chose a place for the solenoid but the my drill is too big to screw it into place and suggestions on where to pit it

It is meant to say put

When buying lights bar light or spotties

I chose a light bar for the rear of my car but should I get light force spotties for the front

I've got some lightforce spotties on the roof rack

I decided to choose spotties on the front

It is meant to say bar

Arb bull bar

Arb bullbat?

The deluxe winch bar I am thinking of

The winch bar is worth $1700 is this right

That's what I was thinking but I went with a 3.0l as it was newer and I wasn't going to be towing much

I bought a new 3 litre the other week and went and got prices. The arb bull bar was $1700 before powder coating.

I bought the patrol a few weeks ago and it been a headache. The red arc system wasn't going to plan. The bull bar is more expensive than I thought.

I'm from India. Just moved to Australia t months ago

Sorry. It meant to saw two

krbrooking
11th December 2012, 07:05 PM
If you do a search on those subjects you should find all the answers you need mate. Regarding the 3L/4.2 I would personally get the 4.2 as I eventually want a camper trailer and the 4.2 would tow it so much easier also wont hurt as much the first few bush pin stripes

taslucas
11th December 2012, 07:06 PM
Hey mate how's it going? Are you trying to get your post count up?? Lol.
Anyway id personally go an older 4.2 diesel rather than a newer 3lt.
Really hope your not just trying to get your post count up for the manual

Tap, crackle, pop

NissanGQ4.2
11th December 2012, 07:07 PM
If you do a search on those subjects you should find all the answers you need mate. Regarding the 3L/4.2 I would personally get the 4.2 as I eventually want a camper trailer and the 4.2 would tow it so much easier also wont hurt as much the first few bush pin stripes

He is just spamming to get the manual mate,

You have been warned, any more and you will get banned k.read13

How about starting afresh and stopping over at the intro section and telling us a bit about yourself and your rig

Cheers

Todd

MudRunnerTD
11th December 2012, 07:10 PM
Yeah I was watching too lol

Maxhead
11th December 2012, 07:14 PM
I'm not sure he's spamming mate....was there other threads/posts deleted. Very involved post for a spammer

Could be an international member or similar but the translation does sound very suss!!!

Hey k.read where are you from?

wildgu6
11th December 2012, 07:17 PM
I'm not sure he's spamming mate....was there other threads/posts deleted. Very involved post for a spammer

Could be an international member or similar but the translation does sound very suss!!!

Hey k.read where are you from?

Yer Kris, 5 minutes ago he had a truck load of posts one after the other........and then there were none

Maxhead
11th December 2012, 07:20 PM
I bought the patrol a few weeks ago and it been a headache. The red arc system wasn't going to plan. The bull bar is more expensive than I thought.

Hey mate, where are you from??

You will not get away with posting crap on this forum mate as you probably already realised. Post a few sensible posts and you will be fine.

Welcome by the way

MudRunnerTD
11th December 2012, 07:21 PM
Hi K-read

Head o Ed to the intro section and start an intro thread. We ask everyone to say g'day before asking for advice.

I have no doubt you have heaps of questions, many of the answers will be found in posts already on the forum. Have a look around mate.

We are a good bunch and always happy to help. Try not to dump all your questions at once but all the answers and advice you need will be here

Cheers MR

MudRunnerTD
11th December 2012, 07:23 PM
Yeah Kris all of the questions at the top were individual posts and he got to 15 or so before they were condensed into the current top post. Was looking pretty sus mate

89gqpatrol4x4
11th December 2012, 07:26 PM
This might be a silly question but is this a service manual you are talking about? and how do you get it? personally i don't need it as I have a gregory's one.

NissanGQ4.2
11th December 2012, 07:32 PM
This might be a silly question but is this a service manual you are talking about? and how do you get it? personally i don't need it as I have a gregory's one.

All manuals are located here mate: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?54-Nissan-Patrol-Manuals-Nissan-Patrol-Software

Better than the gregory's :)

MudRunnerTD
11th December 2012, 07:35 PM

Lol. Yes mate the 1200 page factory manuals are hosted on this forum at the links above. Well worth grabbing them. You need 25 posts to qualify and your welcome to download them bud.

Enjoy.

NissanGQ4.2
11th December 2012, 07:53 PM
I'm from India. Just moved to Australia two months ago

So were about in Australia are you located k.read???

89gqpatrol4x4
11th December 2012, 08:14 PM
Lol. Yes mate the 1200 page factory manuals are hosted on this forum at the links above. Well worth grabbing them. You need 25 posts to qualify and your welcome to download them bud.

Enjoy.

thanks mate, didn't even know about the 25 posts manual thing just joined becuase I liked patrols, own one and this forum seemed to be the most genuine. Been here a while now and hopefully well into the future, didn't just join to get a manual like what it seems some people may do.

wildgu6
11th December 2012, 09:36 PM
Kread's fingers must have dropped off. Hes gone pretty quiet!! Lol what a pissa.

He's still lurkin mate, done a couple of welcomes, strangley one dissappeared, then he went to 4x4 parks, WA.
Hopefully he got the msg, stopped the crap and realised this aint a bad place for 4x4. Never know he may hang around. Wouldnt mind seeing an intro from him though.

Woof
12th December 2012, 01:08 AM
You blokes are just too nice, I would have given him the chop immediately.......lol
Come on mate please do the right thing and post up an introduction and all will be good.