Hey everyone
Thinking about whipping up some mudflaps for my shorty
Just wondering what sort of rubber etc everyone else has used
Ive heard conveyer belt work good just wondering what else has been used
Cheers
Josh

89gqpatrol4x4
10th December 2012, 08:47 PM
Haven't done it myself but a mate went to clark rubber and got some for his hilux, look good and do the job. Also if you haven't jump onto the intro section and let us know a bit about yourself.

BigRAWesty
10th December 2012, 09:30 PM
Conveyor belt it very tough, but with the repeated hammering on one side it curls up...
Best you buy mud flap material.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Bloodyaussie
10th December 2012, 09:37 PM
You should head over to the intro section mate and say g'day!!!!!

Diesel-Mate
10th December 2012, 10:38 PM
Don't run them, GQs look so much more beast without same goes for flares. Never had issuses with cops

Joshshorty
10th December 2012, 10:40 PM
I admit they look tough without em but I had a mate get done for not having mudflaps on his lwb patrol so I just ganna do it just to be safe

oxmann
5th January 2013, 06:36 PM
Over here in Kiwi land we must have it a bit easier than you guys....never heard of any one ever been pulled over for not having mudflaps by the men in blue ,may be a different story when you go for a W.O.F but even then they are pretty relaxed about it

Antznz
6th January 2013, 06:38 AM
Quick question. I have stock mudguards and have just ordered some factory flares. Do I need new mudguards or do the stock ones just attach to the flares?

NissanGQ4.2
6th January 2013, 07:36 AM
Don't run them, GQs look so much more beast without same goes for flares. Never had issuses with cops

x 2 haven't had mudflap and flares on for 5+ years, 33's stick out at least 10cm if not more each side and never and drama's with the police or rego

BigRAWesty
6th January 2013, 08:48 AM
Quick question. I have stock mudguards and have just ordered some factory flares. Do I need new mudguards or do the stock ones just attach to the flares?

I think stocks still fit but there is a wider set to match the flare kit. But at $100+ a piece its an expensive accessory..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Turbo
11th January 2013, 02:11 PM
Dont have mudflaps on my rig, they got ripped off! thinking of doing the same thing!