PDA

View Full Version : Few pics of my truck...

6cyltdi
9th December 2012, 10:24 PM
Few pics for ya.....

lorrieandjas
9th December 2012, 10:32 PM
Thanks mate - nice looking rig. Big lift on that puppy.

Jas

Clunk
9th December 2012, 10:51 PM
You sure can get away with a lot more in the UK than what you can here......... Nice one mate, looks tough

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

MEGOMONSTER
9th December 2012, 11:03 PM
Looks like a very capable off road machine you got there. Action pics mate , we want action.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Pog mo th'oin.

6cyltdi
10th December 2012, 12:41 AM
I'll get out for a play soon and take some more pics, Just had to get everything else together quick for work. Will throw on some longer shocks in the next month or so. Had her on full flex yesterday and plenty clearance with the 37's so was thinking going a bit bigger...? What will these axles take before I leave CV's in bits? Got a decent selection of big rubber lying about. Or throw on a set of Portals.... ;)

Will get some pictures of my Volvo for you when I get her home. Got her sitting out at a job site just now.

6cyltdi
11th December 2012, 05:42 AM
Took a wee run in to the woods this afternoon.

MEGOMONSTER
11th December 2012, 06:31 AM
Looks very sloppy. Great shots. North of Scotland hey.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Pog mo th'oin.

growler2058
11th December 2012, 06:36 AM
Noice!!!!!

Sent from my tapped out thumbs

threedogs
11th December 2012, 06:39 AM
Hi Nth of Scotland is Shetland you're not from there eh. Great shots,
decisions Portals or 44", portals or 44", will leave that call for you.
Think with stronger CV's and the correct diff ratio , will see you through most
terrain.

Just noticed you high mount your lowmount winch, is that common your way??

fracster
11th December 2012, 06:39 AM
That looks one serious bit of kit pal.

6cyltdi
12th December 2012, 12:37 AM
I'm about 30 miles from Inverness... Dallas. The winch is mounted for the best possible approach angle. Got plenty of huskeys lying around so makes sense to use what I have. Good tough reliable winches.. I don't think the 44's would go under without a lot of bother or a set of portals. I have 39.5x18R15 boggers here but was thinking just going a little bigger 38.5x14.5R16 Creepy crawlers. Might get another truck to stick portals on but then I have Volvo's and Simcas with portals. Got a spare set of volvo axles and 2 sets of simca axles doing nothing just now though..... I like the ride and gearing the truck has just now though without portals and it wouldn't really be a daily driver then.

jstnmaller
24th December 2012, 05:32 PM
wicked looking truck mate

BrendanB
31st December 2012, 05:54 PM
Makes me feel like my mostly standard patrol is SO pedestrian. I wonder if I can talk my wife in to a lift kit?

krbrooking
1st January 2013, 09:30 PM
That is one serious ride man, you wouldn't really use the winch that much in that hey.

adam911
21st January 2013, 07:59 PM
nice truck. thanks for sharing these pictures, i am also looking for this type of truck as a rc model monster truck. and i think this will be a nice addition to my rc toys collection (http://www.nitrotek.se/).

6cyltdi
2nd April 2013, 10:50 PM
Few more images for ya...

Clunk
2nd April 2013, 10:57 PM
Someone likes their patrols........ I assume they're all yours?

Hell of a difference between the stocky and that other monster ;)

What you tapin at!!!!!????

6cyltdi
2nd April 2013, 11:07 PM
And some more..... My truck running 40's with new intercooler and radiator set up. and extended rear bump stops. My other truck running 5"lift with 35's, now sold, and my standard truck now sold.
I have replaced those two with 3 more to get sorted 2 more Y60's and a Y61....

6cyltdi
2nd April 2013, 11:14 PM
And another two.....

mrhr33
4th April 2013, 04:22 PM
very nice, what HP that engine making? Looks tough

6cyltdi
10th April 2013, 02:23 AM
I couldn't say exactly I'd be expecting about 200. Still needs a few tweeks yet...

BigRAWesty
10th April 2013, 05:00 AM
:eek: that is a monster... What lift are you running now? Have to atleast 10".. you nearly need an boom lift for cleaning it...
I see in the early pics you had a top mount ic, but no scope??? But all fixed now with new one..

On a side note is you do find yourself doing Cv's the GU diffs have thicker axles and bigger Cv's in them, and are 2" wider than the GQ diffs.
All comparable, you'll just need new rod ends as the taper changes from gq to gu..
Also as TD suggested maybe a higher ratio in the diffs. If running stock ratios there is a lot of wasted power trying to turn the huge tyres..

But f me.. I'm still gob smacked.. tuff truck for sure..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

6cyltdi
10th April 2013, 07:49 AM
I haven't done a cv yet but smashed an auto-locking hub the other day, robbed one from another just now and ordered some manual locking hubs to see if they're any stronger. What exactly are the factory available diff ratios I done a few calcs the other day and worked out if I am to change from the standard 3.9:1 to the 2.8 Axles At 4.625:1 the difference in rolling radius is approx 6cm per prop turn which would make running the 40's the same as running 33's on the standard ratio. I have got a 2.8 to break so was planning an axle swap in about six weeks time. I also have a 2.8 Y61, would the axles be better suited to my truck and could I throw the earlier 2.8 Y60 axles on to it...?

I'm planning a few more mods shortly when I swap axles. I first welded in +5" spring seats then ended up getting +4 extra heavy duty springs made giving me a total lift of 9" I'm running 14.5" travel front shocks with the top turrets dropped 5" approx and 15" travel rear shocks with axle shock mounts moved up 3" and out a little giving massive flex. I'm running dislocation cones on the rear axle and made bolt in bolt off rear bump stops, on for the 40's and off for the 37's.

I have just ordered a new set of coils +240mm or +9.5" They will be a non dislocating spring so capable of extending to 80+ cm fully open and having different spring rates to suit requirements, springs flat/closed which open with no load, a few soft coils for absorbing small hits at speed on rough ground and the rest as the ones I'm running. I'm planning superior flex arms aswell.

With the 37's it will pull past 100mph no problem for longer periods, with the 40's I don't really push it more than 85-90mph.

I need to ask a few questions under different topics on the forum to find how others are working things with their turbos etc...

Couple more images for ya... Not quite on full flex.

6cyltdi
10th April 2013, 08:24 AM
And one more..

BigRAWesty
10th April 2013, 08:43 AM
:D Its like going to a whore house and seeing all the naughty bits... :D
There that dirty the nearly need pixelation... Lol

Um, the 2.8 gq will have the same diffs, but I'm pretty sure the 2.8 gu will have the stronger axles and Cv's.. one of the GU gurus can confirm this..

But there is a 4.6-1 ratio option. So it will return close to stock setup. You'll be burning 40's by the sounds of it.. and yes, the manual lock ups are stronger than the autos, but as strong when the auto is locked..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

6cyltdi
13th April 2013, 05:36 AM
In action this time.....

MEGOMONSTER
13th April 2013, 05:52 AM
I assume you didn't get out the other end.

04OFF
13th April 2013, 06:50 AM
Wow, 9 inch lift, thats insane ! :bowdown:

Great looking rig mate, does not look like overkill when we see you going through mud bogs like above.

BTW, the chap (or chapette) in the landy (takin your pics) is doing a great job too !