PDA

View Full Version : beudesert 2.75 exhaust

kevin07
8th December 2012, 10:39 PM
well finally had the time to fit the exhaust today, bit of pain everything came off nice except for the dump pipe that got a bit hard 1 stud broke but still had enough thread on it to get a nut on. it all went on easy everthing fitted up perfectly.then i installed a couple of other things which ill get into later,then to my absolute astonishment after i took it for a drive the power increase is remarkable to say the least. i was told by some of you guys its the best bang for your buck and i agree the extra power down low i just didnt expect, to say im happy is true. i will now say best bang for my buck. this install is not for the faint hearted that dump pipe to take off was hard laying on the top of the motor but again so well worth it . pictures will come later as im going to sth oz soon and im a retard who does not know how to post them up.kev

Jock
9th December 2012, 10:31 AM
I'm considering the same setup. I'll be interested to hear how it performs for you. What did it cost you in the end ?

Cheers Jock

grimace
9th December 2012, 11:39 AM
a wise choice indeed my friend and as you say the only hard bit for me was getting the heat shield off but after that was a piece of piss, and to answer your question on how much Jock, mine was about $1240 delivered and everything bolts up as per factory unless you have an after market rear bar which i have. no biggy just had to remove a steel brace at the rear on the passenger quater side of my truck oh and my bar is a Kaymar duel wheel carrier so not sure with other bars but if you mention what bar you have when ordering they will have a tailpipe to suit or give instructions on fittment cheers....

threedogs
9th December 2012, 11:46 AM
Kev07 have you noticed any big difference in boost or EGT so far.
My exhaust place told me to my face that NOBODY made a 2.75" system.
How ill informed some are, . mine cost $1450 custom 3"
system and in under a year have had to take it back for repairs.
the front exhaust mount near gearbox/auto prone to breaking.
something to keep an eye on

hekarewe
9th December 2012, 03:43 PM
i am actually having one of fitted to my 3.0lt this week by torq4x4 cant wait to see the difference to it also fitting a chip on it at the same time be watching this to see the out of performance on your.

threedogs
9th December 2012, 03:57 PM
Foot down hang on, you'll only really get any real benefit if you do both zorst and chip

Maxhead
9th December 2012, 05:45 PM
you'll only really get any real benefit if you do both zorst and chip

WRONG!, just the exhaust by itself is a huge improvement so no need to bother with the chip. You certainly don't need both to gain benifit

hekarewe
9th December 2012, 06:49 PM
WRONG!, just the exhaust by itself is a huge improvement so no need to bother with the chip. You certainly don't need both to gain benifit

quite right you dont need both but adding the chip sure does help the engine boggy.. bolcking EGR gave a noticable improvement on power now with the exhaust and chip just cant wait to see what i can out of it now LOL

Maxhead
9th December 2012, 07:01 PM
quite right you dont need both but adding the chip sure does help the engine boggy.. bolcking EGR gave a noticable improvement on power now with the exhaust and chip just cant wait to see what i can out of it now LOL

Yeah for sure. It would be interesting to see the difference with just the exhaust and then chip and exhaust. BTW, which chip did you end up going with?
I'm looking at blocking the EGR soon so that should help a bit more as well.. I didn't go with the chip as I don't think I need any extra power. The CRD just boogies just with the exhaust :)

I can just see you driving out of the shop smokin them up....lol

lhurley
9th December 2012, 07:23 PM
i am actually having one of fitted to my 3.0lt this week by torq4x4 cant wait to see the difference to it also fitting a chip on it at the same time be watching this to see the out of performance on your.

I shall keep my eyes open when i drive past torq4x4 to/from work for 2 large patrol width black lines on the road.

Drew
9th December 2012, 07:45 PM
The zorst mob that put mine in for me said it was a really nice bit of kit and he installs redback zorsts. Paddy definitely feels better and the sound increase in bugger all.

hekarewe
9th December 2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah for sure. It would be interesting to see the difference with just the exhaust and then chip and exhaust. BTW, which chip did you end up going with?
I'm looking at blocking the EGR soon so that should help a bit more as well.. I didn't go with the chip as I don't think I need any extra power. The CRD just boogies just with the exhaust :)

I can just see you driving out of the shop smokin them up....lol

i am getting the tune it chip on mine i dont have the CRD engine mine is the 3.0lt DiD. from what i have been told you dont get the benifits of the chip out of the CRD engines. the tune it chip is also manual adjustment depending on how much power or economie you need or want it has 10 settings on it. it is programed and then the manual adjustments are for day to day needs

hekarewe
9th December 2012, 08:10 PM
I shall keep my eyes open when i drive past torq4x4 to/from work for 2 large patrol width black lines on the road.

if you see that let me know strait away cos the boys will have some questions to answer LOL

kevin07
9th December 2012, 09:56 PM
I'm considering the same setup. I'll be interested to hear how it performs for you. What did it cost you in the end ?

Cheers Jocktook it for a drive up the mountains the power just comes on its always there now cost$1235 delivered thats aluminised but just remember when you order it,it will be delivered in 24 hours they are really on the ball up there best bang for your buck.kev

kevin07
9th December 2012, 10:02 PM
Kev07 have you noticed any big difference in boost or EGT so far.
My exhaust place told me to my face that NOBODY made a 2.75" system.
How ill informed some are, . mine cost $1450 custom 3"
system and in under a year have had to take it back for repairs.
the front exhaust mount near gearbox/auto prone to breaking.
something to keep an eye on yeh a few differences egt 350 to 400 at 110kph i can punch it and make it spike to 18psi goes back to 15 to 16 but the ecu pushes back to its standard 14 ill look at the bracket from time to time but none here have said anything about things breaking on it

kevin07
9th December 2012, 10:05 PM

agreed nisshead i am astonished at the power increase have no intention of a chip or power module i will try the egr block next year see how it goes. next will be a intercooler upgrade

create
10th December 2012, 10:05 AM
[QUOTE=Nisshead;303186]WRONG!, just the exhaust by itself is a huge improvement so no need to bother with the chip. You certainly don't need both to gain benifit[/QUOTE

I installed a scott rods 3" system about 3 weeks ago. I dont know if its just my truck or not, but I found no improvement. There is absolutely no difference to the stock exhaust. There is a very small improvement to low down torque but apart from that I would almost say it was a waste of money. Maybe I did something wrong?? There is no improvement to fuel economy and certainly no more power.
Maybe I need to install a chip to get the most out of it? Maybe it just needs a tune?

Maxhead
10th December 2012, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=Nisshead;303186]WRONG!, just the exhaust by itself is a huge improvement so no need to bother with the chip. You certainly don't need both to gain benifit[/QUOTE

I installed a scott rods 3" system about 3 weeks ago. I dont know if its just my truck or not, but I found no improvement. There is absolutely no difference to the stock exhaust. There is a very small improvement to low down torque but apart from that I would almost say it was a waste of money. Maybe I did something wrong?? There is no improvement to fuel economy and certainly no more power.
Maybe I need to install a chip to get the most out of it? Maybe it just needs a tune?

I think you'll find there are performance exhausts and there are exhausts. I certainly did a lot of research before purchasing the beaudesert one. Too many unhappy stories with lots of other brands and especially the 3" ones causing issues. I'd be asking Scott's some questions especially with the dramas you have had as well.

.........on the move

hekarewe
10th December 2012, 09:19 PM
3 inch exhaust on 3.0lt engines are to big not enough back presure ideal size is 2 3/4 inch also to get the most out of it it needs to bent on a mandril system so size is the same in bends as well as strait sections

Steve4wdin
11th December 2012, 08:10 PM
3 inch exhaust on 3.0lt engines are to big not enough back presure ideal size is 2 3/4 inch also to get the most out of it it needs to bent on a mandril system so size is the same in bends as well as strait sections

I am thinking the same tthing. I have a 3" mandrel bent s/s system and in my opinion it is sh@t. I am thinking of reducing the size.
See girls size does matter hahahaahah