PDA

View Full Version : Should or shouldnt i.

BLKWDW
8th December 2012, 10:35 PM
ive got an oppurtunity to swap my 33" maxxis bighorns for some 36" simex centipedes on 15x10" rims. They will be going on my gq patrol 4.2 diesel with a 4inch lift. The car isnt a daily does mainly touring slash/hardcore stuff and only see's the black top when i drive to where i gotta go. The simexs are over 70% tread and getting pics 2moro. So question us should i or shouldnt i.

Woof
8th December 2012, 11:05 PM
Mate as much as they look great I would not recommend swapping them, they are illegal and will most likely attract the attention of the police, then they will probably go over your Patrol to find any little thing wrong with it..............for example the 4" lift.
I run 35" with a 4" lift and cringe every time I see a cop car.

Reddave
9th December 2012, 08:40 AM
Depends what terrain you drive?

Do you need the simex?
Are the bighorns lacking at the moment?
Will you need to regear to make the full benefit of 36" tyres?

My 33's are a good compromise, big enough that I can still have a play, but small enough that they don't attract too much attention

Not only that, the tyre howl of the simex I could not deal with.

makeitfit
9th December 2012, 09:32 AM
I have simex 35s on and they're awesome and bloody noisey to boot lol
That's the only down side against proper offroad grrr.
Shame the Aussie Gestapo dont like 4x4s , guess that's the only saving grace living in Uk whoo hoo :)

BLKWDW
9th December 2012, 09:51 AM
Depends what terrain you drive?

Do you need the simex?
Are the bighorns lacking at the moment?
Will you need to regear to make the full benefit of 36" tyres?

My 33's are a good compromise, big enough that I can still have a play, but small enough that they don't attract too much attention

Not only that, the tyre howl of the simex I could not deal with.

I drive in and around the lithgow area which is a mix of everything.
I prob dont really need them but since they werent gonna cost me anything i thought it was a great deal and have only been out on the 33's a handful of times since i got them.
i would need min diff or transfer gears and a turbo to help turn them.

happygu
9th December 2012, 09:51 AM
You will find them terrible on the bitumen, so if you need to travel quite a distance you may find them annoying.

Others in our 4WD group have got rid of them for that reason.

If you can trailer them to the area and swap them, then there is no stopping you, but I think that is a pain in the backside.

Mic

BLKWDW
9th December 2012, 11:00 AM
Definitely stick with the bighorns. Has someone offered you a straight swap pedes for the bighorns?

yep a straight swap. they want my 33s for there hilux