PDA

View Full Version : Got to try out the new toys

hekarewe
8th December 2012, 06:37 PM
Ok you SE qlders i will be looking at a trip just before xmass thinking day trip to try out the new gear ratios in the transfer case

just looking at the calander maybe saturday 22 at a local 5wd park or some other location if anyone has any ideas

feel a bit like a kid with a new toy,,,,,, oh yes i will be hey woo hoo

Right the choice is Janowen i will be at the shell in aratulla at 7.00 am on saturday the 22/12/12 be gone by 7.30am some of guys coming have said they will be camping for the weekend have not decided that far yet myself but sounds like a dam fine idea.

nissannewby
8th December 2012, 08:00 PM
Where is the local 5wd park? Did you get an extra wheel with the mods lol

hekarewe
8th December 2012, 08:30 PM
no no extra wheel was think one of the parks on the south side may be Janowen or city view or if someone has a better idea happy to hear it something hardish but dont wont to damage the truck just see how the gears work etc

Yendor
8th December 2012, 08:35 PM
Sometimes I think I need 5 wheels to keep up with you guys. LOL

hekarewe
8th December 2012, 08:43 PM
just tighten the loose nut behind the wheel

Yendor
8th December 2012, 08:45 PM
There's not hope with that, it's too far gone lol

hekarewe
8th December 2012, 09:55 PM
would like to give this little climb another go as i didnt make it last time

Bigrig
8th December 2012, 10:02 PM
Actually, Janowen sounds bloody good - a decent run out there, but a good park ... I'll be sending out an SMS in the coming day to gather interest and numbers as per Macca's other thread - not a big fan of Scenic and heard City view not much better, but if others have a different opinion, happy to hear it ...

Just need my gearbox done before then ...

hekarewe
8th December 2012, 10:05 PM
what did you do to your box this time big boy

MEGOMONSTER
9th December 2012, 02:50 AM
would like to give this little climb another go as i didnt make it last time

Does look like a decent challenge.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Pog mo th'oin.

Clunk
9th December 2012, 03:02 AM
That all elusive 5th wheel

hekarewe
9th December 2012, 08:29 AM
not a big hill mego but right where i am there is where you get thrown of the tree root to the opersite side of the track and the rock step up and there is not a lot of track it is the only interesting part of the climb but challenging.

hekarewe
9th December 2012, 03:56 PM
Ok minds made up Janowen it is on the 22 dec for a day drive all welcome to come along will be meeting at the shell in Aratuella at 7.00am so we can get up there early book in and get to the fun stuff if coming along leave you name here so we know who to wait for.

hekarewe
12th December 2012, 01:31 AM
give this a bump and see if anyone wants come out for a play.

Dhuck
12th December 2012, 07:16 AM
Sounds good. Will have to see how things pan out.

Bigrig
12th December 2012, 09:02 AM
Well, Sandra and I are kid free on the 22nd ... so we might be in (not sure yet), but just sent SMS for Xmas drinks also, so some serious (ahem) organising to be done!! lol

macca86
12th December 2012, 10:07 AM
No point in having 2 meet Ups might just tag along with you mate not too much interest in mine anyway as people are busy with Christmas and holidays

lorrieandjas
12th December 2012, 11:18 AM
Hey macca - thought yours was being combined with drinks after somewhere? I'm still up for a catchup and thought there were some up for a drive too?

Jas

hekarewe
12th December 2012, 11:43 PM
No point in having 2 meet Ups might just tag along with you mate not too much interest in mine anyway as people are busy with Christmas and holidays

you should be safe with us at janowen not to much water just have to keep you away from the dams LOL

hekarewe
12th December 2012, 11:46 PM
Well, Sandra and I are kid free on the 22nd ... so we might be in (not sure yet), but just sent SMS for Xmas drinks also, so some serious (ahem) organising to be done!! lol

why not make it a camp over and have the xmas drinks around camp fire at janowen kill two birds with one stone catering care off camp over cook off everyone cook something and share no mess at home and all the ingredence for a good weekend...

hekarewe
14th December 2012, 04:11 PM
just going to bump this thing agian happy days

hekarewe
19th December 2012, 12:45 AM
one more bump guys for those who havent heard about this weekend

megatexture
19th December 2012, 02:07 AM
must be something stuck under your 5th wheel mate your bumping all over the place , i would have been in on tis one but getting ready for a lil trip out west so need every spare min to get crap sorted lol but you all better get some good pics for us that cant make it!

hekarewe
19th December 2012, 08:10 PM
must be something stuck under your 5th wheel mate your bumping all over the place , i would have been in on tis one but getting ready for a lil trip out west so need every spare min to get crap sorted lol but you all better get some good pics for us that cant make it!

it that bloody loose nut again

macca86
19th December 2012, 08:16 PM
I'm hoping to go but still no gearbox install must say I am fast losing my patience

hekarewe
19th December 2012, 09:53 PM
I'm hoping to go but still no gearbox install must say I am fast losing my patience

thats alright my new bar has not turned up yet either!!!!

Bigrig
19th December 2012, 10:17 PM
I'm out as you know big man ... would like to retry over the break though.

hekarewe
19th December 2012, 10:38 PM
I'm out as you know big man ... would like to retry over the break though.

when u get organised shoot me a call and see if i time free to jion in

Bigrig
19th December 2012, 10:45 PM
when u get organised shoot me a call and see if i time free to jion in

Done deal boss ... saw the green machine on the doctors bed at Torq on Monday ... that rear bar should look a treat!!!

hekarewe
19th December 2012, 10:46 PM
Done deal boss ... saw the green machine on the doctors bed at Torq on Monday ... that rear bar should look a treat!!!

keeping tabs on me are you ?????? watching the compertion huh???? LOLOL

Bigrig
19th December 2012, 10:48 PM
keeping tabs on me are you ?????? watching the compertion huh???? LOLOL

Nahhhhh ... just taking notes on what not to do to mine!!! lmfao!!!

hekarewe
19th December 2012, 10:52 PM
Nahhhhh ... just taking notes on what not to do to mine!!! lmfao!!!

nice,,,, feeling the love there mister LOL

Bigrig
19th December 2012, 10:56 PM
nice,,,, feeling the love there mister LOL

It's what I do boss ... it's what I do! lol

Yendor
21st December 2012, 10:17 PM
So, is tomorrow still on? or has it been postponed?

hekarewe
21st December 2012, 10:35 PM
So, is tomorrow still on? or has it been postponed?

it is still on they have had about 7mm of rain up there and they will be open from 8.00am

Yendor
21st December 2012, 11:02 PM
Sounds good.

I will pm you my phone number, in case things change.

hekarewe
22nd December 2012, 04:32 PM
ended up going out solo to day to Janowen with wife and girls,,,, got out there to find out that they have a minimum 2 car group rule so some sweet talking was required but after he looked at Hekarewe he said that we were well set up and as long as we were on their uhf channel and told them when we were leaving we could go in. so in we went to find the lower tracks thick with mud and slippery so playing on the lower hill climbs with out so we did the run up to the look out made that up and down reduction gears worked a treat but was to wet and slimy to be playing by myself so we called it an early day and went into warrick for the day and wander around had a nice day