PDA

View Full Version : first trip in the shorty[ straight to cruiser park ]

melcor
7th December 2012, 06:27 PM
finally got the shorty drivable , no winch or lockers yet , but ready enuff.. yeah its good to be back in the drivers seat.. only been 15yrs. whole new learning curve .. just slighty different to the 300+hp CJ6 ute i used to have but soo much better on side slopes .. well behaved like i thought , the holley coughed and died a couple of times on silly steep hills (be doing a bit of ajusting to it this weekend) and the dizzy didnt like getting wet (also soon to be rectified) but had a great time .. nothing like easing back into it so we did the test track(red) on the first night[really need to get my light bar on] and cruiser canyon(wat do ya know , also red) the next day..s#@t yeah wat a blast .. looking forward to the next one........

Bigrig
7th December 2012, 06:38 PM
Outstanding mate - have to organise a run up there with you and a few lads at some stage ...

MEGOMONSTER
7th December 2012, 07:02 PM
Nice ride, looks great out there.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Pog mo th'oin.

threedogs
7th December 2012, 07:30 PM
See the care factor didn't rise much in 15 yrs, great stuff
AND THE SHORTY IS WHERE lol

Coldcomfort
7th December 2012, 10:42 PM
Holley carbs are not good on steep hils. But there is an extension that goes in the breather hole on the top of the float bowl. I think that these were originally designed for drag cars or boats.....

taslucas
8th December 2012, 08:59 AM
Holley carbs are not good on steep hils. But there is an extension that goes in the breather hole on the top of the float bowl. I think that these were originally designed for drag cars or boats.....

Recarb do Holleys that are converted to suit 4wd conditions. I think they basically turn the carby sideways.

Tap, crackle, pop

taslucas
8th December 2012, 11:21 AM
What engine are ya running in the shorty mate?

Tap, crackle, pop

melcor
8th December 2012, 12:11 PM
yeah bigrig that sounds like a plan... and tas, its a tb42 standard dizzy.. had a holley on my jeep and extended the vent tube 2" and dropped the float level to half , was really good after that , not perfect but nearly .. as far as the dizzy goes i'm planning on tapping a hosetail into the dizzy housing and piping in air horn compressor to pressurise it for water xings....

eph444
12th December 2012, 10:02 PM
Where is cruiser Park looks fun

lorrieandjas
13th December 2012, 10:00 AM
Where is cruiser Park looks fun

Hi mate - it is in South East Queensland near Jimna.

Landcruiser Mountain National Park (http://www.landcruisermountainpark.com.au/)

jstnmaller
24th December 2012, 05:34 PM
Go the shorty!!! I miss mine:{

gunning1987
25th February 2013, 05:42 PM
That place is epic for weekend trips. Wagon looks quiet the capable one.

threedogs
25th February 2013, 05:48 PM
You can use the compressor from a set of air horns to pressurise your dizzy so no water will enter.
just requires small hole in dizzy for clear hose only very little pressure required