PDA

View Full Version : Interest in forming a team npf for cruiserkhana

threedogs
4th December 2012, 12:18 PM
As some may already know I have come from the dark side, Yes I'm an ex Yota guy.
Anyway anyone interested in making up a team of off roaders to tackle the might of the TLCCV.
You dont need the fastest or highest 4x4 you just need to know how to drive it. The Range Rover Club won the Outback Ideas interclub trophy last year. I'm thinking a few of us can take on the RRC and deny TLCCV from getting there hands on it. Basically 2 catergories STD and Touring. Even the Nissan patrol club is there if anyone knows any members. Its a great weekend on a 450 acre property, This post is just to see if anyone is interested, plus see if we can field two teams or more. Best I've ever acheived is 3rd, but like I said great weekend just out of Yarck Vic

Winnie
4th December 2012, 12:21 PM
Sounds interesting, details?

DIAL-A-TAP

threedogs
4th December 2012, 12:28 PM
Being a pooter ludite Type in Cruiserkhana vic , and hopefully all the details ,dates etc will be there.
It's not what you think winnie, some of the best winch challenge guys have failed the Khana. it surprises me every year what 4x4 wins the outright or "Bob Hollows" trophy.
Your set up would be great in the open section, think its STD, touring and open been a while since I went up there as Patrol was over boosting last year when it was on.

MudRunnerTD
4th December 2012, 01:20 PM
I'd be interested in a link to the event to have a look for sure!! What kind of Cost would be in it?

Depending on the style of event I could do the GUIV or GQ. Interested

AB
4th December 2012, 01:26 PM
Can't believe I'm posting a link to a Toyota site....lol

http://www.tlcv.org.au/cruiserkhana2013.htm

threedogs
4th December 2012, 03:37 PM
Mudrunner its all tech stuff. OH&S stuffed it up ,Still a great weekend you dont need the fastest or the tallest 4x4 to win even just one event.
You do 6 saturday morning and 6 sat arvo or if smart do the lot then crack a can. Take your wives and form your own family team. $100
to enter I think. great 3 or 4 course meal saturday night full amennities flush toilets H/C water. will be stalls of some local sponsors on site
radio broadcast by Pete Dwyer from Telstat. Just a great fun family weekend. Most events are timed so fastest maybe not the best. You'd like it.
If you think you know your 4x4 this is for you. More events sunday as well

Winnie
4th December 2012, 04:09 PM
Bugger all info on that website?

DIAL-A-TAP

threedogs
4th December 2012, 04:14 PM
Winnie PM sent got till March next year. Does forum have flag or those feather banners that stick in the ground????

stevogq
4th December 2012, 04:21 PM
this sounds like a great day out, don't have 4b skills but I'll love to watch all the action

threedogs
4th December 2012, 04:52 PM
Stevo anytime you want to go out for some basics yell out . I'll PM you

stevogq
4th December 2012, 05:51 PM
thanks john appreciate the offer

AB
4th December 2012, 08:25 PM
I'm keen for this outing 3D....Look forward to it mate!

Winnie
4th December 2012, 08:38 PM
What I can't find is where it's held? I'm keen but need more info

DIAL-A-TAP

AB
4th December 2012, 08:43 PM
Yarck.....You know the stickers on the back of the cars....Where the F is Yarck...lol

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=yarck+vic&hl=en&ll=-37.274053,145.674591&spn=0.727798,1.454315&hnear=Yarck+Victoria&gl=au&t=m&z=10

mudski
4th December 2012, 09:55 PM
If there's a position for a waterboy I'm in.

Winnie
5th December 2012, 06:42 AM
Is there a limit to how many member you can have in a team?

DIAL-A-TAP

threedogs
5th December 2012, 07:12 AM
The club can and has catered for 250 people at some Khana's and fed the lot. With everyone saying trolls are the best ,how would you know without other marques out there. Winnie as many as possible can go. Turn left at the Yarck pub and drive 7.2 k to the property. the Hut is on top of the mountain, bush camping for heaps. Hose and pumps to remove mud after events on site. I'll put dates etc up Shortly as I have all paper work here somewhere. really is a great weekend with likeminded people.

Winnie
5th December 2012, 07:25 AM
Sounds awesome I'm definitely up for it

DIAL-A-TAP

threedogs
5th December 2012, 09:18 AM
Winnie you could take your chick /wife as a co driver voila Team Winnie. On the saturday of the Khana you can buy hamburgers , sausages/onions in rolls etc very cheap during the day, or go back to your camp site and cook /prepare your lunch. Very well organised great prizes to be won as well, Years ago prizes included sets of tyres ,bullbars, winches and driving lights, But the had to change the rules as the winch challenge boys were cleaning up every year, now they use mud racing association rules, Standard means std, not even sunny rims, touring allows 2" and a few mods, So 3" zorst ,chip, 305's puts you up against the big boys. If going best to get there around 4 on the friday so you can get a good camp and have a look around and give some Yota drivers the EYE.

Saturday 13th and Sunday the 14th of April 2013 the Cruiserkhana is on

krbrooking
5th December 2012, 09:46 AM
I would definitely be interested in coming to watch and maybe compete but I know my wife will think otherwise do we have to give answers now or can it be closer to the date.

threedogs
5th December 2012, 10:54 AM
Plenty of time ,I'll find out the latest you can enter.
Normally you can enter even on the day Its laid back but well organised.
What about you agains't the missus, get the sparks flying

krbrooking
5th December 2012, 11:06 AM
She will win hands down besides I would be to scared to beat her, will have worse repacutions later. Lol.

Alitis007
5th December 2012, 11:42 AM
I'd be keen for this event, even for just a day trip.

threedogs
5th December 2012, 01:43 PM
Thats cool most will just drive up early to be there for drivers briefing at 8 am do all the events.
All prizes are given out after the meal, home by 10 pm.
Lucky my Missus hates 4x4ing thats why I go all the time. lol

Alitis007
5th December 2012, 09:41 PM
Lucky my Missus hates 4x4ing thats why I go all the time. lol

Hahaha so does mine, trying to bring her around see how we go lol

nissannewby
6th December 2012, 08:28 AM
If work doesnt clash with the dates I would be keen for this.

threedogs
6th December 2012, 10:52 AM
It frustrates the poop out of so many drivers as it all looks so easy yet everyone still stuffs up. always next year.
Have been there some years where a stock OE Hilux has beaten all the highly modded trucks, luck plays a big part.
but its a great weekend, and a chance to test your 4x4 against others in a safe enviroment

GQ TANK
25th December 2012, 02:13 PM
My club has entered - we have 8 trucks going - (most are patrols)

It would be great to meet up with other forum mrmbers.

Cost was $100 per driver, 40 for adults(navigators) and 15 for kids under 12. (with a 20% discount if paid before the 31/12

Update 3/3/ - just found out that there are now no entries left

threedogs
25th December 2012, 05:14 PM
. Good one Tank I'll be there for Sure, trick is do all your events if poss befoe lunch on Saturday.
Then spend the rest of the day having a quiet sipp and look at all the other events. My GU
Has Outback ideas on the windsheild so cant miss it tank, But More The closer it is. Great meal
saturday night 3 course free. I'm TLCCV member

GQ TANK
25th December 2012, 06:51 PM
I hope to see you there threedogs

Im a MAD member (Melton and District 4wd club)

Drewboyaus
25th December 2012, 07:53 PM
So is the inference we put together a NP.com.au team or compete with our clubs and meet up while there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GQ TANK
3rd March 2013, 05:12 PM
Got told yesterday that the evant if now full

threedogs
3rd March 2013, 05:19 PM
@ GQ yes they have reached the limit of 41 competitors,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but as a lot arrive on the Saturday they are allowing another 20 vehicles to enter
IMO go as early as you can on friday and register, heaps fail to show up for one reason or another, I'll be there from 3.30 friday I think.
its a great weekend, You;ll be surprised what you cant do, its for the thinking 4wd er lol. Inter club trophy was won by a Range rover member last year.
There is a strong appearance from the Nissan Club. Just PM for info

GQ TANK
3rd March 2013, 10:33 PM
One of our guys came 3 or 4 - and he wont let us forget it.
We now have 8 trucks entered.

threedogs
9th April 2013, 06:04 PM
Great to see you have guys entered ,
Starts this saturday morning.
I'll be arriving around 4 on friday arvo, come say Hi
Will See how well we go this time previous attempts have see my best
third But once you muck up one you tend to fail on the rest.

Full house ATM with 62 entries

GQ TANK
9th April 2013, 06:15 PM
Hi Threedogs - yep will keep an eye out for you - I have a two tone LWB gq

Ate least half our trucks are partols