PDA

View Full Version : Bull bar/recovery point gu y61 tb48?

Agronaught
3rd December 2012, 08:14 PM
What have other tb48 owners done for rated recovery points (required for 4wd club)?

I have the points from threedogs which are resisting installation with the factory alum bull bar due to the chassis mounts.

Im now looking for alternatives, for example it looks like the powerful 4*4 bar caters for light duty points and i would be able to mount the outback ideas points as the chassis mount for the bar is flat. Its a fair investment though.

From what i can see this wouldnt work for the ARB bar.

What have people done?

nissannewby
3rd December 2012, 09:19 PM
Can you get a pic of why they wont fit? It might be as simple as notching the bar or just getting longer bolts to accomodate both the recovery points and bullbar.

Lonicus
3rd December 2012, 09:44 PM
There should be 2 bolt holes, with captive nuts, on the passenger side chassis which match the ones on the drivers side where the factory hook is bolted. If that's the case then the bent recovery points Threedogs has should fit.

Agronaught
3rd December 2012, 10:22 PM
No room there im afraid.

Agronaught
11th December 2012, 09:47 PM
Replacing the bar.. Fixed that issue...

Cheers
J

Clunk
11th December 2012, 10:34 PM
Replacing the bar.. Fixed that issue...

Cheers
J

What ya end up getting and where's the pics?

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Agronaught
11th December 2012, 11:03 PM
Nothing too exciting, the powerful 4*4 premium bar on a club package which included winch and led light bar. Stronger than the alloy bar, not ARB quality but i have no complaints.

Ive looked over the bar and no faults that i can see. They didnt send the front tow points that were part of the package, i wasnt planning on using them anyway. (will still insist on getting them though.)

Still installing...