PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 camp rules

threedogs
3rd December 2012, 06:21 PM
Had a great talk at camp about rules , cooking etc. We need a top 10 to stick with.
Rule one. don't be a pig take your rubbish home
Rule two. No Glass , They are my big two rules we had glass at camp but did not mention it but was not happy I can asure you, been cut too many times from taking other ppls glass home. you bring glass you take it home. Need a serious top 10 that can be printed out. I'm sure those 2 would get on the list. now just need another 8

Winnie
3rd December 2012, 06:23 PM
No problems with bringing glass as long as you take it home... Don't put it in the fire!

DIAL-A-TAP

Maxhead
3rd December 2012, 06:34 PM
I don't care what people bring or do, as long as the place is left the way it was found or cleaner

Sir Roofy
3rd December 2012, 06:34 PM
No burning plastic or rubbish in the camp fire
if no toilets erect your own for the women
every rig should carry a toilet tent,easy and compact
your own choice of toilet(jimmys thunder box)

taslucas
3rd December 2012, 06:37 PM
Hey threedogs, doesn't the the first rule override the second rule???

Tap, crackle, pop

MudRunnerTD
3rd December 2012, 06:44 PM
Coals on Top

Beer tastes better in Glass

Bob
3rd December 2012, 06:46 PM
Rule 3 Not allowed to talk about Dogs RAFLMAO

Guilty of Rule 2. (Never drink out of Cans)
If I had known about your thoughts I would have put my empty Bottles in my Vehicle

threedogs
3rd December 2012, 06:51 PM
I didnt take glass , left camp area cleaner than arrival , not sure what you're saying?
Have I missed something, rule one Take rubbish home rule, two no glass but hey thats me , you want glass you take it home and not leave on the ground to trip on.
If you mean't don't be a pig you cant help that when drink is involved but you can be a clean pig when leaving

Bigrig
3rd December 2012, 07:08 PM
Whatever number - respect other campers ...

taslucas
3rd December 2012, 07:11 PM
I don't care what people bring or do, as long as the place is left the way it was found or cleaner

X2
Take whatever you want camping, then take it home again!
(apart from number ones and twos!!)

There's a saying: leave only footprints, take only photos......

Tap, crackle, pop

macca
3rd December 2012, 07:18 PM
We have no rules thats why we like camping, but we are respectful as in our daily lives and we all get on togeather.

Rules would just stuff it up, go with the flow and enjoy.

My beer and Bourbon both come in glass so does my Vegemite, Dad's single malt and lots of other stuff I will camp somewhere else if it upsets you.

threedogs
3rd December 2012, 07:19 PM
glass makes you grumpy hey see you another time

growler2058
3rd December 2012, 07:38 PM
Look....... I'm not shy to say I don't mind a bottle of red or sometimes two or three.........but there ain't no way I'm doin a goon bag ever again hahahaha unless its goin in spag bog. Bottles all the way for me!

Sent from my tapped out thumbs

macca86
3rd December 2012, 07:51 PM
If camping with a group of blokes full male nudity is allowed only if the number of drinks exceeds your number of fingers. Its also important to dig deep and burry number 2's.

macca
3rd December 2012, 07:51 PM
glass makes you grumpy hey see you another time

Whoa Jimma, its not me upset with the way others camp, Im a happy camper, nothin beats getting away for a while.

Rules are for work, camp is relaxation and no rules

megatexture
3rd December 2012, 07:53 PM
Hey threedogs, doesn't the the first rule override the second rule???

Tap, crackle, pop

I didnt take glass , left camp area cleaner than arrival , not sure what you're saying?
Have I missed something, rule one Take rubbish home rule, two no glass but hey thats me , you want glass you take it home and not leave on the ground to trip on.
If you mean't don't be a pig you cant help that when drink is involved but you can be a clean pig when leaving

If you clean up your mess and take everything with you then it don't matter if you have glass or not , myself only bottles for me be it a bottle or 3of rum or beers

MEGOMONSTER
3rd December 2012, 07:57 PM
Bottles and cans in a fire equals $800 fine from NSW Parks authorities on the Murray.
We have rules at our camp, they are in no order of importance just rules.
1. No rubbish in the fire. Especially bottles and cans, hate it when someone puts there full newspaper in fire. Unless its to start the fire.
2. Keep camp site free of rubbish. We have 2-3 rubbish bags stationed around camp.
3. No toilet rubbish in forest, use hole provided by us. Covered at end of camp.
4. Don't touch my fishing rods/gear. Unless I'm fishing with you.
4.5. Kids don't touch my fish.
5. Life jackets on my boat at all times. Kids and adults.
6. Don't play near the fire, more for adults
6.5 don't play with the fire. More for kids.
7. Don't bring aggressive dogs to camp.
Just asking for troubles cos I have no problems in killing someone else's dog
8. Keep noise to a minimum after say 10-11pm
9. Drive slowly past other campers and campsites
10. Don't leave me sleeping outside. All alone no one to talk to
11. Don't say you'll drink me under the table. Cos you won't. Or you'll spew up trying.
12. Be really friendly to all your camping neighbours, cos they'll look after your campsite if your all out.
I'm always good at that one, especially when tipsy and full of confidence.
Don't mind sitting with other campers and it always happens when I'm the last one up.
SHIT, I didn't realise all these rules, is that why they call me the camp Nazi.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

growler2058
3rd December 2012, 07:58 PM
Actually the goon bag can be good for a pillow when everything else gets all too hard ;)

Bloodyaussie
3rd December 2012, 08:09 PM
This thread is starting to depress me...... for those that know me... I bring my own bins for everyone to use!!!!!!!!!

And just so you know I cant stand cigs being thrown out let alone anything else and I bring stubbies as I cant stand beer in cans!!!!!

Winnie
3rd December 2012, 08:16 PM
11. Don't say you'll drink me under the table. Cos you won't. Or you'll spew up trying.

Is that a challenge? Next meet up it's you vs. me bring it on!

Sir Roofy
3rd December 2012, 08:19 PM
is that a challenge? Next meet up it's you vs. Me bring it on!

sorry winnie my moneys on mego cant wait for this one

Winnie
3rd December 2012, 08:23 PM
We will see, loser has to eat some chilli

taslucas
3rd December 2012, 08:41 PM

Well if I make it there you'll be eating chilli anyway so your night will go like this: eat chilli, drink heaps, spew, lose the bet, then have to eat more chilli!! Haha

Tap, crackle, pop

Bloodyaussie
3rd December 2012, 08:43 PM
And the winner gets???????? Once upon a time I would love to take on this challenge and then I grew up....... bloody kids, go to bed!!!!!!!!!!

AB
3rd December 2012, 08:53 PM
1) Clean up after yourselves
2) No glass beer, yep suck it up and drink cans...lol....Glass ok if your are responsible I guess...lol
3) Don't be lazy, dig a proper hole for number 2's....Spend an hour and dig a giant hole with seat and tent for the ladies.
4) Use timber on the ground (if allowed), check for animals in timber and no cutting down trees
5) Respect other campers, music, etc
6) No coals on top of camp oven if intoxicated
7) Drive slow through camping grounds
8) The 5 second rule for food on the ground is extended to at least 5 minutes when camping
9) The person who acts like a camping expert is most likely a novice....Do not take advice from him/her.
10) Do not take people camping who hate camping. This includes old pub mates, princesses and in laws....

DX grunt
3rd December 2012, 09:00 PM
Rule # 1. Buy a spare wheel carry bag from AB
Rule # 2. Put rubbish in Rule #1
Rule # 3. Take Rule #1 and Rule #2 home with you. lol

To all the inconsiderate campers...... turn your f@#$%^& generators off at sunset.

To all pet owners - be responsible and clean up your doggie's doos. I hate unrestrained dogs sniffing or licking my spandie legs. YUK!!!

I've had a challenging day. I think I'd better stop and quit while I'm ahead. lol

Rossco

AB
3rd December 2012, 09:03 PM
Rule # 1. Buy a spare wheel carry bag from AB
Rule # 2. Put rubbish in Rule #1
Rule # 3. Take Rule #1 and Rule #2 home with you. lol

To all the inconsiderate campers...... turn your f@#$%^& generators off at sunset.

To all pet owners - be responsible and clean up your doggie's doos. I hate unrestrained dogs sniffing or licking my spandie legs. YUK!!!

I've had a challenging day. I think I'd better stop and quit while I'm ahead. lol

Rossco

No keep going Rossco...Your doing splendidly...LMAO

Bigrig
3rd December 2012, 09:09 PM
No keep going Rossco...Your doing splendingly...LMAO

Splendidly even!!

Have another drink on the profits boss!!! lol

Winnie
3rd December 2012, 09:12 PM
Well if I make it there you'll be eating chilli anyway so your night will go like this: eat chilli, drink heaps, spew, lose the bet, then have to eat more chilli!! Haha

Tap, crackle, pop

Dream on dreamer boy

DIAL-A-TAP

AB
3rd December 2012, 09:13 PM
Splendidly even!!

Have another drink on the profits boss!!! lol

Iv'e had a big day too....bugger off....LMAO

Yendor
3rd December 2012, 09:19 PM
What's the go with Victorians not liking beer in glass?

I met one just recently who would go out of his way to only have a beer from a can, he would actually give you his "Stubby Holder" just so he could get a can.

Seems a bit soft to me.....beer from a can.....comfy bed......what's next a L/C in the shed!!!!!! :smile:

Ben-e-boy
3rd December 2012, 09:24 PM
#1. Mego and Winnie have a drinking contest.
#2. All vomit must be directed at the ground or your OWN feet to prevent splash back on others. (failure to abide punishable by chilli)
#3. loser must eat growlers chilli
#4 Must be filmed from at least 3 angles + dedicated photographer
#5 pointing and laughing at loser is encouraged

AB
3rd December 2012, 09:25 PM
Fit more in the bins....that's about it really...lol

Bob
3rd December 2012, 09:27 PM
Someone said in a prior Post that this thread was starting to depress him and I agree.

How about closing this thread ??

taslucas
3rd December 2012, 09:45 PM
It's all cool bob, just make a joke to lighten the mood like the rest of us:-)

Tap, crackle, pop

Winnie
3rd December 2012, 09:51 PM
Fit more in the bins....that's about it really...lol

Ahh clever thinkin... If you drink cans you can drink more..... I still choose stubbies lol

DIAL-A-TAP

macca86
3rd December 2012, 10:06 PM
I bring cans of soft drink for the day time and bottles of scotch or southern comfort take a mouth full out and top up with the good stuff

MEGOMONSTER
3rd December 2012, 10:17 PM
Is that a challenge? Next meet up it's you vs. me bring it on!

No it's not a challenge, it's a rule. But I like to drink. JD only. I don't like beer.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

MEGOMONSTER
3rd December 2012, 10:20 PM
sorry winnie my moneys on mego cant wait for this one

Thanks Roofy but I just like to drink, if your still awake and not drunk enough, I'll keep drinking with you.

MEGOMONSTER
3rd December 2012, 10:21 PM

I definitely won't be eating Growlers chilli.

MEGOMONSTER
3rd December 2012, 10:24 PM

Rossco

Who the f..k goes to bed at sunset at camp. Unless your 80 then no chance.

MudRunnerTD
3rd December 2012, 10:27 PM
Beer tastes better in Glass

Take your Glass home with you,

Coals on top

Angry Drunks should Not Drink.....

Happy days ;)

lorrieandjas
3rd December 2012, 10:31 PM
Whoa - this thread sounds like midnight 'round the campfire. Only rules I have are don't screw up my camping. And don't be a grub. I prefer bottles but cans better for camping. Live and let live I say. :)

Winnie
4th December 2012, 05:18 AM
Mego you're all talk! Lmao

DIAL-A-TAP

growler2058
4th December 2012, 05:28 AM
Sounds like I need to brew chilli vodka bwahahahahaa will end all drinking challenges rapidly
Did a chilli sambucca was forking evil

MEGOMONSTER
4th December 2012, 06:19 AM
Mego you're all talk! Lmao

DIAL-A-TAP

This what happens when I drink23105

MEGOMONSTER
4th December 2012, 06:20 AM
Sounds like I need to brew chilli vodka bwahahahahaa will end all drinking challenges rapidly
Did a chilli sambucca was forking evil

This is what happens if I have growlers chillies23106

taslucas
4th December 2012, 06:36 AM
I definitely won't be eating Growlers chilli.

haha everyone has a limit

Who the f..k goes to bed at sunset at camp. Unless your 80 then no chance.

Totally with you there!

my third 256
4th December 2012, 07:19 AM
geeee this has realy started a bottle of worms LOL

Winnie
4th December 2012, 07:20 AM
My name is Chris and I put coals on top and drink from bottles.

DIAL-A-TAP

taslucas
4th December 2012, 07:39 AM
My name is Chris and I put coals on top and drink from bottles.

DIAL-A-TAP

Welcome Chris

Tap, crackle, pop

DX grunt
4th December 2012, 08:02 AM
Who the f..k goes to bed at sunset at camp. Unless your 80 then no chance. .

Not a lot of people, but my camp is solar powered, and I don't want to hear a generator drown our my DVD while I'm watching it on my lappy. lol

taslucas
4th December 2012, 12:25 PM
Not a lot of people, but my camp is solar powered, and I don't want to hear a generator drown our my DVD while I'm watching it on my lappy. lol

Ya just need to plug your lappy into a fully sick amp and subby, crank to ten then settle down to your favorite home and away DVD
Haha

Tap, crackle, pop

threedogs
4th December 2012, 12:35 PM
Drink from glass just YOU take them home,
Not sure with this Generator thing why with LEDs that bright now and solar panel more than affordable thats my choice
Not into Gen's Shite more weight to take away

BearGUST
4th December 2012, 02:58 PM
Even if you're not going to bed at dusk, surely no generators just for the 'serenity'???

macca
4th December 2012, 03:46 PM
Even if you're not going to bed at dusk, surely no generators just for the 'serenity'???

With you there Bear, some folks need them for medical reasons but you would have to reckon a good battery set up and solar would do most peoples sleeping machines etc.

Funny how genny users have long leads and dont mind pointing the exhaust at other camp sites.

threedogs
4th December 2012, 03:51 PM
Can't see the point of taking one in first place. I love my camping and not once have I thought I must get a gennie.
defeats the point of going camping in the first place, as above wheres the serenity?

lorrieandjas
4th December 2012, 04:53 PM
That's why more and more places ban gennies now. Good thing too IMO.

Jas

MEGOMONSTER
4th December 2012, 06:51 PM
We use a Honda 2kva genie and can't even hear it as its on Eco all the time so very quiet. My wife doesn't handle heat very well and the caravan air con gets used abut during the bad days.
Although we always turn it off at dusk, except once we left it on past midnight, only cos we didn't hear it.

DX grunt
4th December 2012, 06:52 PM
My apologies to all the people that need generators running for medical stuff and life support issues. You can camp by me any time.

The rest of you.....the rule still applies. lol

megatexture
5th December 2012, 12:17 AM
Yep I can't stand genies and don't see the point unless it is for medical ,why they can't use solar and an inverter ?

wouldnot
16th March 2013, 04:07 PM
Leave the campsite/fishing site better than when you found it. Picking up someone else's rubbish is too hard.

You've got a 4wd, don't demolish a spot just so you can look out the window at the view.

RubberDuckieGQ
22nd July 2013, 10:40 PM
after packing up camp .. no donuts!!! wrecks the campsite for the next people

had to find a new spot in warbo coz of this :S

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Motorculture mobile app

MEGOMONSTER
22nd July 2013, 11:06 PM
Especially no burning of couches night before you stupid kids leave. Then leave the burnt remains of the springs and shit for others to clean up.
Youths reported to police.
I believe we had licence plate on family photos while camping.