PDA

View Full Version : Seat belt removal

gf0012-aust
20th November 2010, 07:48 AM
LWB 98 Maverick

my drivers side seatbelt is frayed and I need to replace it for a rego check
I've picked up a replacement, but for the life of me can't work out how to remove the plastic clip that sits over the top B pillar mount.

has anyone replaced theirs before and if so how do you remove the clip without buggering it up?

i'd rather take it off intact..

YNOT
20th November 2010, 08:19 AM
The plastic cover over the top B-piller mount clips on. You may need to get behind it with a big screw driver to get it off.

Tony

gf0012-aust
20th November 2010, 01:09 PM
The plastic cover over the top B-piller mount clips on. You may need to get behind it with a big screw driver to get it off.

Tony

embarrassingly easy, 'twas nervous about damaging it but a large screwdriver did the trick...

thanks

Baileys
8th December 2010, 12:51 AM
How much did you pay? I just replaced mine and feel a little ripped off from the wreckers. I paid $90 for all the bits but it was filthy. Looked like it was pulled out of a flooded wreck. I cleaned it up and it looks as good as new but I still feel ripped..."baileys"

gf0012-aust
8th December 2010, 05:48 AM
How much did you pay? I just replaced mine and feel a little ripped off from the wreckers. I paid $90 for all the bits but it was filthy. Looked like it was pulled out of a flooded wreck. I cleaned it up and it looks as good as new but I still feel ripped..."baileys"

you got a bargain,

I was ripped off for $50 and it looked like it was dragged through a swamp - unfort beggars can't be choosers...

nedoleboy
30th December 2010, 01:07 AM
whenever i go over the pits i give the seatbelts a tuneup with the lighter.its one of their favourite defects. if the belt looks totally dodg,replace.ned

reinaldo
7th January 2011, 06:25 PM
You are certainly right about it. It will be better to replace the seatbelt if it is defective rather than being charge often just for removal.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
seat belt