PDA

View Full Version : Is a CRD patrol tunable?

create
3rd December 2012, 09:02 AM
I have a 2010 CRD 3L patrol. Its done 60,000km and had factory services since new. The fuel filter was changed at the last service. I have blocked the EGR and installed a 3 inch scotts rods exhaust. Apart from that the engine is standard.
I put the exhaust on 2 weeks ago and its started to blow black smoke. I disconnected the battery for 20mins to reset the ECU. I went away on the weekend with the camper trailer and it seems to have settled down a bit after having to haul itself up Clyde mountain.
The smoke is not excessive but it does concern me. Can the pump/ECU be tuned? Can the mixtures etc be changed? Can me more power be had without a chip?

Maxhead
3rd December 2012, 09:12 AM
Hey Phil, not really 100% sure but this bloke might be able to help. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?8226-Ecu-tuning

Good luck mate

create
3rd December 2012, 09:36 AM
I guess what I am really asking is - My patrol has had factory servicing all its life. If I took it to say Berima Diesel can they do any "magic" with it? Can they actually do anything more than just an oil and filter change? What more can be done to service/tune it?

Diesel-Mate
3rd December 2012, 10:10 AM
Expect it to puff out some smoke. I would get it tuned because you have just unblocked the exhaust. Also invest in a pyro and boost gauge.

create
3rd December 2012, 10:28 AM
I have an autron pyro/boost. And drive it accordingly. I'm thinking of getting a chip-it early next year maybe it can wait until then.

threedogs
3rd December 2012, 11:18 AM
Why not fit a DAWES set up with boost and EGT guage and get it Dynoed, ??????

create
3rd December 2012, 12:41 PM
Why not fit a DAWES set up with boost and EGT guage and get it Dynoed, ??????

Threedogs. Thats kind of what I am asking. What can be done on a dyno? Can anything be adjusted? If so what? Does the pump have adjustment?
I dont want to pay $250 for a dyno printout to tell me how much power it produces. I'm happy to have it dynoed but expect better results afterwards.

threedogs
3rd December 2012, 01:40 PM
Not 100% but, as you're limited to what can be done, but put your 2.75" or 3" zorst on with a chip of your choice then get it Dynoed.
that will get your motor running as sweet as possible with what you have, or dyno it for economy. Thats what I'll be doing in the new year.
Got to remember its onlt a 3lt TD not Victor Brays Castrol Chev. they go fairly smart tricked up, you'll beat most out there, not that I would know.

Pepper
6th December 2012, 07:49 AM
Had mine "serviced/tuned" at Bury My Diesal worst experience i have encountered in vehical servicing...wast of money in my opinion...

MEGOMONSTER
6th December 2012, 11:08 AM
Had mine "serviced/tuned" at Bury My Diesal worst experience i have encountered in vehical servicing...wast of money in my opinion...

I hope you meant Berrima diesel and not Bury My diesel.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Pog mo th'oin.