PDA

View Full Version : Vibration

Bluey 65
3rd December 2012, 04:27 AM
G,day chaps,

Just noticed a noise coming from the dash area of my 2007 3.0 litre Patrol.

Hard to describe, but sort of a rotating vibration, comes in at about 2300 revs and goes away at about 2700 revs.

Could it be the tacho cable?

Any clues?

Thanks in advance

Bluey

growler2058
3rd December 2012, 05:32 AM
G'day bluey welcome aboard mate
Jump over to the intros and say g'day something we ask all members to do, cheers

Sent from my tapped out thumbs

benno77gu
3rd December 2012, 05:06 PM
hi mate it wont be the tacho, it is eletric

benno77gu
3rd December 2012, 05:14 PM
is it in it at that rev range in every gear or in the revs at speed eg 100km ?

threedogs
3rd December 2012, 05:19 PM
Is it consistant with engine revs, or like a leaf in the heater fan blade ?

markp90
3rd December 2012, 06:57 PM
My 07 had a really annoying rattle that sounded liek it was coming from the dash alos, i found though that it seemed to have something to do with the setting I had the vents on - when they were switched to air coming out of top vents I had the noise but when i switched it to just bottom vents the noise went away so i just presume its something loose in the vents.

Jodaniels
3rd December 2012, 07:57 PM
my 07 patrol has a rattle noise which comes from the fan i pulled it out the other week to check for leaves and rubbish but its still there, the only thing i could see wrong with the fan is the bearings are very slightly loose, it used to happen only when i was turning a corner but now its pretty much constant, does yours come on and off with the fan like mine? if so id check that.

Bluey 65
4th December 2012, 12:06 PM
Yes Benno, every gear at that rev range.

Cheers,

Benno

andrewh
4th March 2013, 12:31 AM
Found a similar rattle to be the brake line that runs across the firewall of the engine bay - the plastic clip was the source of the vibration - I cable tied the brake line to the air con line and the noise disappeared. Saved a lot of frigging around!

grimace
4th March 2013, 09:19 PM
mine does the same thing, i just turn the demister/ vent dial until it stops. it only does it on certain settings and it drove me nuts until i found how to stop it also mine was doing it at certain revs cheers.....

Rog
8th September 2019, 10:28 PM
Found after much searching today that the flap control lever on the driver's side of the air box was the problem (in demist position).
Got rid of the rattle by wedging a short piece of string between the plastic and metal at the of the end of the control crank.
Thanks to those that wrote about their issues which helped to track it down.