PDA

View Full Version : 3 Holes in Exhaust Muffler

WilliamPatrol
2nd December 2012, 09:48 PM
Hey guys,

I noticed today I have 3 small holes in my exhaust muffler. They are aligned with one another, so I wasn't sure whether there meant to be there or not.

If not what can I bog them with? Or should I just try to claim it on stat 50/50 warranty and get a 2 1/2" or 3" exhaust?

I will upload pictures tomorrow so you can see what I'm talking about.

Feedback appreciated

If anyone knows of a cheaper exhaust that performs well, leave a comment and a link if possible.

Cheers,
Will

MudRunnerTD
2nd December 2012, 10:01 PM
What is a Stat 50/50 warranty?

Can you hear the exhaust leak? Is it in the pipe or muffler? If its in the pipe you cod get an exhaust joint to put a couple of welds into the holes

WilliamPatrol
2nd December 2012, 10:27 PM
its a statuary warranty, 12 months period. replace anything which needs replacing apart from cosmetics really!

Its in the muffler.

MudRunnerTD
3rd December 2012, 01:05 AM
Oh sorry is your car a 2012? bugger that then! hit them up for a replacement! No repairs thanks...

BearGUST
3rd December 2012, 08:57 AM
Are they just the spot welds when the muffler is made? Is there a leak from them?

lorrieandjas
3rd December 2012, 10:58 AM
Hi mate - if you could post up that pic then that will give us a better idea of what it is.

Jas

threedogs
3rd December 2012, 11:05 AM
You wont be able to weld rust unless you/they have that super vision thing.
would need to see a pic before making any further comment as rust holes in an
2012 model sounds suss, but if rust replace it as mentioned

benno77gu
3rd December 2012, 05:24 PM
back to the dealer, warranty

happygu
3rd December 2012, 05:32 PM
My best bet would be that it is the spot welds, which leave an indentation in the surface. Only way to know for sure is with a picture though....