PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Timer!

trolling
30th November 2012, 07:33 PM
hey guys i own a 2003 gu patrol and i am currently putting a turbo timer in but i am a bit confused.
i know the red goes to the battery and black goes to negative but the blue is acc and the yellow is for ignition but i dont know which wires they are in my car going into my ignition switch?

WYLD333
30th November 2012, 08:18 PM
Have you got a multimeter mate, just back probe ur ignition barrel and u should b able to find it pretty easy if not just pick up ur 12v from sumwhere else

trolling
30th November 2012, 08:28 PM
yeah i do mate, i tried using that but i couldnt work out which one was the ignition cable and which one was the acc. is there a easier place to pick these 2 wires up from?

BigRAWesty
30th November 2012, 08:34 PM
Possibly behind the stereo or fuse box.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Yendor
30th November 2012, 08:43 PM
The wiring at the ignition switch, the acc should be the Black with the White trace wire and the ignition should be the Blue wire

WYLD333
30th November 2012, 09:02 PM
yeah i do mate, i tried using that but i couldnt work out which one was the ignition cable and which one was the acc. is there a easier place to pick these 2 wires up from?

When u turn the key 2 acc ull only b puting 12v out one side so once uve found that ur set, same as ignition just follow the voltage when u turn the key

trolling
30th November 2012, 10:52 PM
ohhk cheers for the help guys. Got it working :)