PDA

View Full Version : Accellerator Sensor/Pedal Where do i find one how to replace

dexy2008
30th November 2012, 12:54 PM
Hey guys, just been reading through and the issues i'm having with my 2008 CRD 5 speed seems to be the same as the others who are having issues or replaced thier accelerator sensor/ pedal or actuator, is this a simple fix and is it worth trying to score one from the wreckers for a cheaper cost than the Nissan spare parts department, I am going away at Xmas so want to make sure im not one of those people stranded on side of road, had it back at nissan but they cant figure it out, any info is much appreciated cheers Mick

lorrieandjas
30th November 2012, 02:59 PM
Hi mate - what is the problem you are experiencing?

Jas

dexy2008
30th November 2012, 03:22 PM
hey Jas,

Basically when i am trying to hold a certain speed i.e 80km with foot kind of on the pedal but off (coasting?) so not to accelerate but maintain the speed it jerks or surges/misses, the tacho is not affected its like the pedal does not know whether to engage throttle or not, when i use cruise control it is all fine or when i put my foot down to accelerate its fine, only happens when im i just got my foot on, hard to explain,

dexy2008
30th November 2012, 08:20 PM
had a good look tonight it looks a peice of piss to remove and clean so ill buy some crc contact cleaner?or wat to use? and try give it a good once over this weekend, basically looks like 4 bolts and a plug under there?! car was in a dusty dirty environment prior to me owning it and on close inspection the accelerator unit looks to be pretty dirty etc

grimace
1st December 2012, 01:53 PM
g'day dexy, was told yesterday by my mechanic that is ok to use carby cleaner on the TPS as it is not the same as the MAF sensor and i know exactly what is going on with your truck as mine is doing the same thing and has been for a while, took it everywhere and no one could tell me what was wrong and then i was reading the forum the other day and there it was. so soon as i get a spare 5 minutes i will rip it out and give it a squirt and i will be sure to let youse know how it went.

dexy2008
1st December 2012, 02:06 PM
So i'm not just imagining it then Grimace, i just bought some CRC Auto Electrics cleaner and will give it a go tomorrow, ill keep ya posted. Love the truck but been doing my head in

grimace
1st December 2012, 02:10 PM
not wrong champ, has been very frustrating indeed!

megatexture
1st December 2012, 02:21 PM
also check the plug in this location (check photo) as if you get water in this plug it will cause the boost to flutuate feeling like the car will accellerate and stall at irregular times, even under brakes mine wanted to accelerate. just unplug it and give it a good spray with wd40 in and out

grimace
2nd December 2012, 11:50 AM
had a look at the pedal last night, unplugged the socket and removed the pedal from the fire wall then i noticed a cover which i thought may have the sensor behind it. not sure if it is the sensor or not but came across what i can only describe as like a slot car set up with 4 very fragile pickups that run across 4 (tracks) as the pedal is pushed in. anyway one of these pickups was not making contact at all and to tell you the truth not sure if it was supposed to but it makes sense to me if there is 4 pickups and 4 tracks then they must all make contact so i proceeded to (fix) the one that wasn't touching and to cut a long story short i should not have done that! bodged it up as best i could and much to my surprise it still works and i may have even fixed the problem although not sure for how long as it didn't look pretty. moral to the story, leave that part alone! and just to be sure i think i will buy another when i can cheers.....

dexy2008
2nd December 2012, 02:15 PM
kind of what im afraid of but hopefully it will be fixed for you, i am attacking mine this arv or in the morning

dexy2008
2nd December 2012, 05:38 PM
So, took the unit off and unplugged it, gave it a thorough clean with CRC contact cleaner, put it back together and plugged back in and test drive, Now i need to push down 10mm or so before the throttle engages?!! argh! and my cruise control will not work now, and to top it all off after test run turned car off, went inside for an hour went back out and started the car now the engine light is on permantley which makes me think that there has been a fault recorded which i guess could be a good thing as it may tell me whats wrong, now it will need to go to Nissan Tweed Heads as they can plug it in and check it, me thinks the whole accelerator unit will need to be replaced, Nizzbits came back with $440 for the unit, can another mechanic with a scan gauge check the codes? and also clear them? 3 weeks out from xmas trip and counting!!

grimace
2nd December 2012, 11:06 PM
anyone with a scan tool can clear the codes, was that $440 for a new unit? hope mine dosn't throw up a code.....3 weeks away from a big trip aye, guess who has to fork out for a new accelerator pedal!

dexy2008
3rd December 2012, 08:55 AM
Yeah $440 for new one, I think I read somewhere that they over $500 from nissan

dexy2008
3rd December 2012, 08:56 AM
Looks like I get a new accelerator for Xmas this year, not exactly what I asked for

dexy2008
7th December 2012, 08:59 PM
Xmas present arrived today, was pissing down rain this morning so got Anthony at ANTZ automotive (what a legend) to fit and re plunk the computer/fault, car feels amazing now like its never felt, so hopefully last i hear of Throttle Position sensor, for those not in the know, the TPS is actually the whole throttle assembly on the fly by wire crd patrols mine is 08 model. You know its funny cos Nissan wanted to change all sorts of things and i kept asking for a price on the tps but they told me to change other things before it, after a little playing myself the tps finally sent a fault to computer and finally knew what it was,

grimace
8th December 2012, 12:23 PM
good to hear, mine is playing up worse now that i "fixed" it so i will be buying one for chrissy too. thanks santa just what i always wanted!

dexy2008
8th December 2012, 08:39 PM
Get onto Nizzbits mate and order one it takes 3-4 days to get it, although i am northern nsw, they are out of melbourne, i rang nissan and they wanted $550, mine cost $440 plus $20 for the postage, you wont know yourself its so much more responsive now so i am a happy man!!

grimace
18th December 2012, 12:26 PM
just rang my local nissan about a new accelerator pedal and was quoted $570+. i told the man that wasn't good enough and that i could get one for $440 from nizzbits he then told me he could do it for $444.10 what the? thats a huge difference and all for asking for a better deal. it just goes to show that if you don't ask, you don't get! and without having to pay for freight it works out cheaper to buy it from nissan.....cheers....

dexy2008
6th January 2013, 06:32 PM
mate i didnt even think of trying that on Nissan, guess i was left with a bad taste after they told me not to replace it, hows you troll going now you've replaced it? mine is going great and found a new mechanic to look after her too