PDA

View Full Version : Tube or Bull

Alitis007
28th November 2012, 12:04 PM
Hi there, i'm in the market for a front bar for my '99 Ti. I had my eye set on a Millweld tube bar that was close to the style i like BUT it's not AIR BAG COMPATIBLE, i found a XROX one that was but it looks like rust!! So far my other options are to get a normal bull bar that is compatible or leave it as is.

So if anyone knows of other tube bars that are air bag compatible could you please give me a brand name for me to have a look at?? And apart from weight, approach angles and looks what would be the pros and cons of the two styles???

Cheers for your help!

MudRunnerTD
28th November 2012, 03:33 PM
XROX is the only ADR compliant Tube bar for Air Bags. I reckon they look pretty good. the side wings are a bolt on so if you bend one then you replace one wing only. It also means that the compliant bit is the middle bit.....You might be able to do some mods to the side wings (not recommended) to alter the style if you are unhappy with it.

Alternatively an ARB Deluxe bar looks great!..

Pros v Cons?? You have listed them all.

Bloodyaussie
28th November 2012, 05:42 PM
Yeah what he said but in a deeper voice....

Alitis007
28th November 2012, 09:54 PM
Yeah what he said but in a deeper voice....

Good to see you can adjust your "manliness" haha

Cheers Daren, comparing pics of everything and giving it a good think over i still cant decide lol http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/11/122.jpg22959 this is the millweld fat tube and a similar look i wanted but would attract unwanted attention 22960 XROX Bar 22961deluxe arb22962arb sahara. Ah decisions decisions

happygu
28th November 2012, 10:34 PM
I personally think that the bullbars look better on a small lift, as they look a little more complete. Have seen tube bars with a big lift that look great also.... i just think that tube bars on a small regulation 2" lift look a little odd......

MudRunnerTD
28th November 2012, 10:39 PM
I personally think that the bullbars look better on a small lift, as they look a little more complete. Have seen tube bars with a big lift that look great also.... i just think that tube bars on a small regulation 2" lift look a little odd......

Agree, also i really like side hoops. if i did not have side hoops my car would be a write off no doubt. I use that protection all the time! My FAT tube bar on the GQ has side hoops or i would not have bought it. So the Deluxe Bar get my vote up there unless your going a big lift.

Alitis007
29th November 2012, 09:50 AM
Thanks for your opinions guys, i'm planning a 2" lift in the near future and what your saying does make sense. I'll pop into arb today and sus it out.

Alitis007
29th November 2012, 02:10 PM
Just went to my local ARB store and it looks like im keeping the stock front bar. I have never met any one as arrogant as these peanuts!! The first guy gave me one price then had to argue with him to prove i was in the trade for a trade price even tho i'm in my work clothes,DIRTY and not to mention how battered my hands look so after that i finally got the price and i walked out forgot to write the part number and prices so walked back in asked the second guy to give me those things again and this muppet quotes me $150 more WTF mate!! They can eat my crumbs !! Till i find a sales rep that wants my money!!

Winnie
29th November 2012, 02:15 PM
ARB down my way are like that too. Yeah it's like they don't want your money. I went to ARB HQ in Kilsyth though and everybody there was great

DIAL-A-TAP

Alitis007
29th November 2012, 03:14 PM
They must think i'm stupid or sumthing coz of my hair cut lol they had an on board compressor kit for sale with the price on it $249 so i ask the guy how much are they he replies $290 and he was looking right at the sign, i must be going blind HA!

Maxhead
29th November 2012, 03:23 PM
That was the main reason I went with TJM gear as ARB down here just didn't give a rats arse . Mind you TJM after sales support is non existent.

Good luck mate

Alitis007
29th November 2012, 04:13 PM
By the looks of it if i cant make it or know some one in a retail outlet i'm pretty much up the pro - verbal creek without a paddle.

Bloodyaussie
29th November 2012, 05:22 PM
They must think i'm stupid or sumthing coz of my hair cut lol they had an on board compressor kit for sale with the price on it $249 so i ask the guy how much are they he replies $290 and he was looking right at the sign, i must be going blind HA!

Hey mullets are coming back in to fashion mate!!!!!!!

Most of the top places like that are pricks... when I had my Hilux they barely spoke to me then I got the GQ and it has improved greatly but that is only because I befriended a bloke down at Thomastown ARB... I gather you went there.

Otherwise most of those places shit me.

Try and pop in at 4x4 solutions in Grimshaw..... I found them to be really nice and they want the sales and work in there shop!!!!

Get written quotes as you would know and get the buggers to try and price match.

Alitis007
29th November 2012, 05:37 PM
Hey mullets are coming back in to fashion mate!!!!!!!

Most of the top places like that are pricks... when I had my Hilux they barely spoke to me then I got the GQ and it has improved greatly but that is only because I befriended a bloke down at Thomastown ARB... I gather you went there.

Otherwise most of those places shit me.

Try and pop in at 4x4 solutions in Grimshaw..... I found them to be really nice and they want the sales and work in there shop!!!!

Get written quotes as you would know and get the buggers to try and price match.
Lmao no mullet mate just a sick c@^t thommo muzza, shaved front mohawk with a ratty wearing Versachi sunnies!!!

I'll give them a go tomorrow if i have time i need to chase up a turbo diesel bonnet aswell before monday so the beater can throw it on with the bar if i find one that is.

lorrieandjas
30th November 2012, 12:39 AM
Just to add - the bullbar has my vote on a 2" lift. I think ARB is getting worse and worse for my two cents too.

Jas