PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

rodeoduckieb
27th November 2012, 01:22 PM
Hi please someone out there must be able to help me. I have a 1998 nissan patrol wagon, unleaded, for a while now I have been losing power. I have put a new fuel filter twice now, ( at a mechanics suggestion, same mechanic twice)' cleaned maf, seem to help for a while, now can't even tow a normal trailer. It will chugg a little bit when driving at 100ks, can go be doing 110 and it will stutter and feel like its jerking a little bit, than I can plant my foot in anger and it will rev to hell, then come back to sit on 100 k with my foot flat to the boards. Not a game to try to tow a horse float, would have to have my foot flat just to drive on a flat road, let alone a hill. It has 300000 is on it but I would like to keep it, if I can fix this problem. A friend of mine has a same/diff problem, his shudders and shakes when starting, once going he is fine, not losing power like mine, please someone help.
Cheers rodeoduckieb

lorrieandjas
27th November 2012, 01:31 PM
Hi mate - it might pay to jump on over the the Intro section and post a little bit about yourself and your ride - it's something the forum asks all new members to do. You'll also get more responses by doing this. Welcome to the forum by the way! :)

Also - if you do a search on the forum you will find some posts on similar issues and responses.

Jas

wildgu6
27th November 2012, 01:48 PM
G'day buddy and welcome aboard.
Jas said it well, post an intro and post the Q above in the mechanical discussion section, plenty of knowledge here to nut out your prob'

Enjoy and good luck

Pete

Tappn the App Beers on Tap