PDA

View Full Version : Suspension lift!!

Trifer
25th November 2012, 07:33 PM
Hi fellas,

Just a question if someone can lend a helping hand.

With a 2" suspension lift on a gu. Is there anything else that
Will need changing other than general springs and shockers??

Also, opinions on "old man emu" suspension. Is there anything
That u guys have tested and have good fees back.

Thank u all in advance

macca86
25th November 2012, 07:36 PM
Springs shocks wheel alignment maybe castor correction if it doesn't track straight after that. Ome is generally the best.

scotty83
25th November 2012, 07:58 PM
2 x Macca. That is the complete list. are you going it

BearGUST
25th November 2012, 08:31 PM
Rear sway bar link extension brackets too, cost about $15 and worth doing while the springs are out.
I went OME, couldn't be happier with it!

Diesel-Mate
25th November 2012, 08:31 PM
Nah you only need springs the gu stock caster is good for maxium 2" lift. You won't need shocks, ext brake lines, swaybar links pins ect. Just get 4 springs and chuck them in, I did.

mudski
25th November 2012, 09:22 PM
OME here in my GUII. Although it has sagged about 15mm in the 10years it's been in there but still handles great, no leaks in the shockers either. I'm goning to get some 20mm spacer rings soon I think to bring it back up to height. But OME is good.

Trifer
25th November 2012, 09:34 PM
Thanks fellas.
A mate asked me and I just wanted to confirm everything that had to be changed.

Didn't want to be half way through and find the car has to sit due to not having all the
Parts to complete the job. And I'll be fitting them

Thanks everyone.

benno77gu
25th November 2012, 10:12 PM
recently did my gu, shocks and springs,didnt need the sway bar brackets but i had to replace the rubber spring saddles the originals where worn out

BearGUST
25th November 2012, 11:35 PM
That's a good point, I got held up too because I couldn't get those spring seat/insulators from Nissan until the following day.
I didn't do the rear sway bar extensions first time round either but I found it did sit a bit uneven in the rear so I did them after which meant I had to pull the springs out again...

Rustyboner81
26th November 2012, 02:45 AM
I just went down local pedders and got theres. A mate of mine had some cheaper shocks and blew them all out. He is a lunatic though likes doing jumps and doing 60 down rutted rough tracks.

Hes since put tough dog big bore nitros i think. He's happy with them (on a nissan mudfinder)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Trifer
26th November 2012, 02:54 PM
So get the insulators and front and rear or just rear away bar extensions??

growler2058
26th November 2012, 02:59 PM
We have TJM XGS Gold on our "other" 4b and they seem very good. Timbo here on the forum has TJM o n his GU and we saw how awesome it flexed at the Loveday meetup