PDA

View Full Version : Testing the picture thingy......

oxmann
21st November 2012, 05:28 PM
Let see if i know what i'm not doing.....

oxmann
21st November 2012, 05:29 PM
cool it worked..... this is my wagon got some things to do to it at a later stage

Bloodyaussie
21st November 2012, 05:33 PM
Very clean mate.... the modifications begin!!!!

oxmann
21st November 2012, 05:46 PM
yeah mate ....not sure at the moment what to do to it..... it is a clean 92 TB42E and looks good and drives good but unfortunately we havn't got the fun places to go over here like you lucky buggers ......but i love driving it....its the beast 2nd one i have owned and love em........

BigRAWesty
21st November 2012, 06:40 PM
Keep it stock ish IMO. 2" lift, a nice set of 31" AT tyres, a nice lot of bar work and rod holders..
That's a start..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

oxmann
21st November 2012, 07:12 PM
Cheers Kallen.... I was also thinking a smallish lift and some decent rubber and what would you suggest in regard to more bar work and rod holders I am a bit naive on that aspect........but my first thoughts on the bar suggestion was more bar work = beer and your rod holders work =fishing now thats a man after my own heart I thought...but I'm pretty sure you weren't on that path .....:oops::D

threedogs
21st November 2012, 08:16 PM
Nice clean rig for now, Always been keen on those Ti style mags, nice work

growler2058
21st November 2012, 08:21 PM
Very bloody neat lookin troll mate! depends what ya wanna drive and what laws restrict ya. 2" lift good set of tyres and maybe a front locker and youre near on unstoppable

oxmann
21st November 2012, 08:59 PM
Thks guys yeah I don't want to change to many things some good rubber and take it from there bit of a lift...got a boat do a lot of fishing and have to spend the coin between the two so in saying that time will determine what I end up doing, but I love the look of some decent sized rubber on these wagons...I was playing with the idea of a snorkel but my knees are knocking at the thought of cutting a hole in that guard would I get any benefit from a snorkel : ie fuel wise, running better etc would it be worth the effort ?? its a TB42E ....cheers

Think that pictures a bit small ....:icon_bonk:

BigRAWesty
22nd November 2012, 12:15 AM
A snorkle shouldn't affect fuel mileage, power etc. it purely move the position that the air enters from behind the LHS head light to above the window so water crossings are a lot safer.

As for bar work.. Beers and fishing all the way.. Lol
But a nice winch bar and winch make a great accessory. Also add to the capability of the vehicle.
Scrub bars are also a nice extra. Saves slot of paint when exploring river edges for secret fishing spots..

A 2" lift is nice and simple, and nothing really needs to be changed apart from springs and shocks in a LWB.
You can do castor correction bushes on the front diff but not really needed.
Make sure you get the right rated springs to suit current / future mods. If you buy to light then they will sag and you'll be up for a new set..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

oxmann
22nd November 2012, 07:33 AM
Cheers Kallen...its good to get ideas thrown around and in a way I'm pleased that I will not really get any benefit from a snorkel ??......can leave the guard to rest in peace:clapping: