PDA

View Full Version : Sub Tank pump not working

Pepper
20th November 2012, 11:11 AM
My 3 litre crd 2007 patrol has started displaying the sub tank light on the dask and the pump does not work,has any one experienced this and what is the cure???? Any advice appreciated.

lorrieandjas
20th November 2012, 12:44 PM
Hi there Pepper. I'll grab the manual out - read something about this the other day. But just to confirm - you're main tank isn't full is it and your sub a little empty?

Jas

Maxhead
20th November 2012, 12:52 PM
I had the same issue with ny GU8 and after checking everything it ended up being a glitch in the computer. I disconnected the battery to reset the ECU and light went off and I was able to transfer.....go figure
Good luck

.........on the move

mickfromaustralia
20th November 2012, 01:09 PM
Hi ,

I had the same fault , light on dash and no transfer of fuel , also the dash lights where not working on half my dash ( unrelated maybe ? ) .

My possible fix was when I was trying to kill a mozzie i punched the dash and the lights in the display started to work and the subtank also worked again .. true story..

However i have heard it is a common "earth fault "that causes the subtank to play up but I had not checked any underbody wiring , just the mozzie fix .

Regards
Mick

mickfromaustralia
20th November 2012, 01:10 PM
Actually I agree with this too as I did have the battery off for 24 hours while recharging .

I had the same issue with ny GU8 and after checking everything it ended up being a glitch in the computer. I disconnected the battery to reset the ECU and light went off and I was able to transfer.....go figure
Good luck

.........on the move

Pepper
20th November 2012, 02:19 PM
Thankyou to all the replies above disconnected and reconnected the batteries and all is back to normal......BTW have recently replaced the auxilary battery with a new one might be a contributing factor...again thanks for the replys...

Wazza11978
4th January 2013, 12:13 AM
Nissan have a fault with the earths to the frame and to the rubber mounted transfer pump , disconnecting the battery will fix the fault because it resets the computer but the fault will return , Nissan run extra and larger earths because originals can't handle the extra draw placed on them when extras are added to the vehicle .