PDA

View Full Version : Front Locker and suspension lift lagalities???

MLR
19th November 2012, 02:20 PM
Ok guys,

What front locker should I fit?? Auto locking, air locker, brands, etc. Feed back appreciated.

Also, if I was to fit a 4" suspension lift, what do the Victorian authorities say???

Cheers,
Mark.

Ben-e-boy
19th November 2012, 02:29 PM
Whats your budget????

MLR
19th November 2012, 02:41 PM
Haven't really set one..... If I go ahead I'll buy what I consider value for money.

Cheers,
Mark.

snewin
19th November 2012, 02:59 PM
If you have no budget get an Eaton e-locker. If you want real value for money go an auto locker. Use the search function. There's lots of owner reports on there of different front locker options of all types & brands.

As for 4 inch lift I guess you wouldn't get away with it on road. It's just a matter of when you get caught.

You could always go avert that has a two inch lift and two inch drop (or more). Something like suspension stuff or big-o suspension.

Benno7
19th November 2012, 03:21 PM
I have a TJM PRO locker and love it, I have also have had an ARB air locker and also loved it but You have to remember air lockers you need to buy a air compressor + fitting and there not the cheapest lockers.
I know a few blokes with auto lockers and they are very happy with them.
I think all it comes down to is how much you wanna spend.

MLR
19th November 2012, 04:06 PM
I do like the thought of an auto locker, what's the downside??

Any suspension lift I do I want to be legal.....

Cheers,
Mark.

nissannewby
19th November 2012, 04:18 PM
No downside, once you learn how to drive with them they are very good.

What are you wanting to do with the car? You can get very good setups for offroad these days with only a 2" flexi lift. If you let us know what you want to do we can help a little more.

threedogs
19th November 2012, 04:57 PM
I'm putting a Pro Locker in the front, Best going around good value for money IMO

BigRAWesty
19th November 2012, 05:39 PM
E locker or auto locker for simplicity.. But then the air compressor has a lot of other benefits once fitted..

2" lift to stay legal, with +3" shocks for extra travel and flex..

Stick to brand names, the poor man buys twice..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

growler2058
19th November 2012, 05:58 PM
http://www.4wdsystems.com.au/index.php?id=29 cant go wrong

happygu
21st November 2012, 08:57 PM
Locker is up to you....do you want to have total control, then fit an Airlocker or e-LOCKER.

Do you want to have it set and forget, so it always there and you don't have to remember to reach for a button then go the Autolocker, such as the Lockrite or Detroit.

Suspension lift is always a curly one, as I know lots of people with 6 inch lifts and they never get pulled over, some with accident claims that haven't been denied.

The risk comes down to you though.

The higher you go, the more you have to spend to get the goemetry right, and to get everything working as it should.

Mic

mudski
25th November 2012, 08:17 PM
I'm putting a Pro Locker in the front, Best going around good value for money IMO

How much is the Pro Locker? I like the idea of turning the locker on and off when you need it. As for suspension, get a good branded 2inch lift. As many others have said, anything higher it will involve more mods to your rig, which in turn equates to big dollars.

Rustyboner81
26th November 2012, 02:06 AM
Mate Hi,
I have an auto lokka from 4wd systems and it turned my nugget 3l petrol into a rig that can hold its own. It took longer than i was told to arrive. A word of advice from someone thats been there.
1-impact wrench mine was makita 350kN 1/2"drive electric
2-be 100% on the tolerances. If uou need shims call diff / gearbox places. I got some free second hand shims that were perfect

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2