PDA

View Full Version : Z30 Problems with turbo Charger make lot of noise

kariba
16th November 2010, 08:03 PM
Hello everyone,

I have a z30 Y61 2003, when I accelerate to 2800 rpm, I hear a hiss at the turbo charger.

Is this a leak? I checked all the brass tubes and nothing!

Help-me please

YNOT
16th November 2010, 08:28 PM
From that description it sounds like boost pressure escaping. It could be a leak in one of the rubber hoses between the turbo, intercooler and intake manifold, leaking intercooler, leaking intake manifold gasket. It could be a lot of things.

Tony

Woof
16th November 2010, 08:31 PM
Hi Kariba, always good to post an intro up before asking questions, you will find that you may get more assistance that way.

kariba
17th November 2010, 01:21 AM
The Dogman, you are right. I'll do so next time

Thanks

kariba
17th November 2010, 01:30 AM
Tony, thank you for your help, I'm going to check the intercooler is true that the leak can come from there then I'll let you know. See you soon!

kariba
17th November 2010, 01:31 AM
From that description it sounds like boost pressure escaping. It could be a leak in one of the rubber hoses between the turbo, intercooler and intake manifold, leaking intercooler, leaking intake manifold gasket. It could be a lot of things.

Tony

Tony, thank you for your help, I'm going to check the intercooler is true that the leak can come from there then I'll let you know. See you soon

kariba
17th November 2010, 10:38 PM
Hi Tony,

I'm making an audit throughout the circuit, any tightening of the rubber tubes okay.

Audit also admission, join okay.
Dismantling the intercooler and then surprise we detected lot of small holes all around the intercooler.

I went to Nissan to buy a new one and they did not have in stock.

Now it remains for me to find a new one, make the change and check if the whistling continues.

See you

YNOT
17th November 2010, 10:43 PM
If your intercooler is leaking then you probably have found the cause of the noise. Even if it's not the cause, it needs to be fixed/replaced so it's good you found it.
What is your location?

Tony

kariba
18th November 2010, 01:55 AM
If your intercooler is leaking then you probably have found the cause of the noise. Even if it's not the cause, it needs to be fixed/replaced so it's good you found it.
What is your location?

Tony

Hi Tony,

About my location. I'm in Angola - Luanda (Africa) why??

YNOT
18th November 2010, 02:04 AM
We have a members from all around the world, so we started a members map so we can see where all our members are located, just towns or suburbs not exact addresses.

Tony

kariba
18th November 2010, 02:09 AM
Okay Tony, it's good!