PDA

View Full Version : Prodigy brake controller

Dr Gary
19th November 2012, 02:31 PM
I need to fit a Prodigy brake controller to my GU 2006 Patrol. It look like it is really difficult to find a sensible location. I am considering removing the drink holders and mounting on front of the centre console--not a great solution.
Any ideas--photos?? Thanks

lorrieandjas
19th November 2012, 04:10 PM
How about a bracket on the left side of the drivers seat where the dash slopes under to the footwell? I've put one there before - the only issue is you could occasionally bump it with your knee but I never had any issues with it......

Sir Roofy
19th November 2012, 04:15 PM
Mine was in the same place as lorrieandjas,s but might hit your knee

my third 256
19th November 2012, 06:03 PM
get a remote head one
have a read of this
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15392-Armadillo-campers

kevin07
19th November 2012, 10:09 PM
i put mine above where my left knee is have never touch it

Dr Gary
20th November 2012, 06:26 PM
I looked at left side of dash, and that is the only other useable location, it looks like it will clear my knees, so that may be my solution when I change from trailer to caravan.

Yendor
20th November 2012, 07:06 PM
I looked at left side of dash, and that is the only other useable location, it looks like it will clear my knees, so that may be my solution when I change from trailer to caravan.

My concern with mounting the unit there is, if you are involved in an accident, what sort of damage may it cause to your knee/leg.

I now have to agree with my third 256, go the remote head unit.

my third 256
21st November 2012, 04:25 AM
here is a link to the redark remote with pictures and wrightup
http://www.redarc.com.au/products/product/remote-mount-electric-trailer-brake-controller/

Rock Trol
1st February 2015, 12:35 PM
I mounted my Prodigy P2 in the single din pocket above the radio. Well away from my knee and easy to see and adjust. Does stick out a bit though.