PDA

View Full Version : GU Servicing after 160,000KM

david oliver
16th November 2012, 09:47 AM
Hello all, I am looking to start servicing my car myself and wondered if there was a schedule somewhere that someone has put together for this. (beyond the service book).
I also wondered if anyone could tell me how to check the fuel filter and drain the water from it.
Many thanks
Dave
Any servicing tips would be greatly appreciated!

david oliver
16th November 2012, 09:48 AM
PS Mine is a 3.0 litre turbo diesel 2004 GU IV Auto.

Bob
16th November 2012, 09:50 AM
Try this thread

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1587-What-to-keep-my-eye-on-Preventative-Maintenance&highlight=maintenance

david oliver
16th November 2012, 10:14 AM
Thanks Bob!

Wizard52
16th November 2012, 12:39 PM
Had injectors replaced the other day (157000klm) and while there, watched them change fuel filter. Glad I did as it is so easy. Disconnect fuel hoses either side and then remove the whole unit including bracket on top of filter. It is then easy to remove wiring at the plug and remove old filter and replace with new one, connect wiring and then fuel hoses but leave outlet hose off until primed and fuel flows out of filter.All up 10 minutes max. I would have tried to remove filter off the bracket while still in vehicle and taken forever and make a big mess.

choppie
18th November 2012, 02:17 PM
Just a quick heads up guys, when doing your normal oil change service, spend an extra few dollars and replace all filters,
your troll will love you for it and last a lot longer, also when you change fuel filter, empty it into a clean container to see
if there is any water/ dirt in fuel system, tells a lot of stories. Happy Trolling

steve4377
18th November 2012, 09:49 PM
Good tip for the fuel filter change. My fuel filter is difficult to prime after changing the filter. Would not re-start even after mega priming. Diesel mechanic mate told me a little secret. If when ya primed and primed and the motor won't start try this. Take a thin pair of pliers and hand crimp the return line to the tank. It's a short maybe 70mm rubber hose on rear of motor, at the top on the passenger side (above the turbo near the firewall). Squeeze it tight to shut off flow and have someone crank the ignition. Apparently, it forces any air out of the system harmlessly through the injectors and thus bleeds the system. I do it every time now as it saves a lot of messing around, but remember to let go as soon as the car starts.

david oliver
22nd November 2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks to all for sharing some good information on this-much appreciated.
Dave