PDA

View Full Version : Cricket...Australia V The World

DX grunt
16th November 2010, 09:56 AM
I thought I'd post up another Aussie Icon.... Cricket.

I don't know much at all about this summer time sport, so I'll open it up to the floor. lol

How's the putch going for the first game? (sorry for the English accent)

Bigrig
16th November 2010, 03:44 PM
Was always a cricket fan I have to admit - but really gone off it in the last few years. Actually couldn't tell you why, but just find it so incredibly boring now for some reason ... that said, the 20/20 matches are good to watch for a bit of fun (I think that gloss will wear off very quickly though), but you can't say they are 'tactics' and 'strategy' which is what I thought cricket was all about ... Have to say, I don't really mind what the sport is - if Aussies are competing, I'll generally tune in for a bit ... and let's face it, smacking the poms at anything is just good old fashioned fun!!!

Maxhead
16th November 2010, 06:26 PM
yeah, we haven't got the best team at the moment. The bowling and the batting has let us down lately.
and now we had to look to Pakistan to borrow a batsman Usman Khawaja

but its always good to see us beat the Poms...lol

Maxhead
16th November 2010, 08:09 PM
I love the way it ebbs and flows. One moment the batsman's got the upper hand, the next the bowler. The tide rises and falls and the game constantly evolves. Tactics, brains, discipline, stamina all combine to see one team in a dominant position, then the other. All the while it's being played on a living, breathing, moving surface. From grassy and bouncy, to flat and broken, the pitch changes hour to hour and requires batsmen and bowlers to persist, to endure, to break the other. So engrossing!

Well said Plassy, from the heart mate.
I do have to agree, I seem to enjoy the tests the most but will sit back and watch the others as well with a few beers.
20/20 is just a money game and nothing else

Maxhead
16th November 2010, 08:13 PM
FYI

2010-11 Ashes series
1st Test, November 25-29, Brisbane
2nd Test, December 3-7, Adelaide
3rd Test, December 16-20, Perth
4th Test, December 26-30, Melbourne
5th Test, January 3-7, Sydney

robdogg
16th November 2010, 09:25 PM
BARMY ARMY!!

Im down the Waca to watch us defend the urn against you Aussies! Should be a close series (which I actually think we will lose...just) but as long as it isnt 5-0 like last time lol

Woof
16th November 2010, 10:43 PM
The sooner Piggy Ponting goes the better, all he does is spit on his hands and everywhere else, should never been made captain of Australia after the crap that he did years ago, Clarke has started to do the same thing, spitting everywhere............bloody disgusting.

DX grunt
16th November 2010, 11:19 PM
Haha! Oh no we've got our own Barmy Army here!!

Barmyarmy, barmyarmy, barmyarmy!!!

Yes I think this series will be close too mate. But if the Aussies lose, I reckon that will be the end of Ponting.

OK. I have to say it. Is this thread going to indulge in the 'wardrobe bet" ??? lololol

Finly Owner
16th November 2010, 11:23 PM
Soory lost me on this one Ross

robdogg
17th November 2010, 01:04 AM
whats the wardrobe bet? lol

Woof
17th November 2010, 07:41 PM
whats the wardrobe bet? lol

Hey Rob, go and check out the Aussie Rules thread mate, but be warned you may never be the same againhttp://209.85.48.9/1806/9/emo/no.gif

AB
17th November 2010, 07:59 PM
Haha, enter a "wardrobe" bet with Rossco at your peril mate!

It's good fun and you can't loose either!!!....lol

DX grunt
27th November 2010, 02:59 PM
Haha, enter a "wardrobe" bet with Rossco at your peril mate!

Don't stress robdogg. You'll win! lololol

DX grunt
27th November 2010, 03:01 PM
Well, well well. What a fizzer this thread has turned out to be.

What's his name got a hat trick and not even a well done from anybody.

Pre-season footy training starts shortly, so I guess I'll have to go to the op shop and change my wardrobe for the new season. lolol

Roll on April!

Maxhead
6th December 2010, 09:20 PM
What is going on with the Aussies, this is a bit embarrassing.
Lucky there's no Poms on here reading this or they'd be right into us...lol

AB
6th December 2010, 09:46 PM
What is going on with the Aussies, this is a bit embarrassing.
Lucky there's no Poms on here reading this or they'd be right into us...lol

I can't even listen to it on the radio....lol...very embarrasing mate!!!

The poms have stolen all of our top coaches, thats whats happening...haha

Woof
6th December 2010, 10:52 PM
I think that we need some new blood in the selection panel, maybe then there will be some changes made to the team.........they, the panel seem to be stuck in the same old rut lately.
Ponting and Clarke have got to go for sure.

Dark 1
6th December 2010, 11:18 PM
Don't quite agree with your in & out list plassy. Clarke, ponting & north must go, but i think haddin needs to stay & maybe captain & doherty needs time to show his worth. I'm not sure that white is test match ready but hey we really need a massive shakeup.
Love cricket but finding really hard to keep listening/watching when australia are playing so bad. I don't expect them to win every time just want to watch a good even game of cricket no matter who wins.

Kelvin.

Dark 1
7th December 2010, 07:34 PM
Couldn't agree more ,could be some very interesting times ahead in aussie cricket.

Maxhead
7th December 2010, 07:40 PM
Definitely a wake up call for the selectors and some players. Ponting looked worried at the press conference today, I think he knows he's a gonna very soon.
We have so much young talent who don't even get a look in because of the big names, and they're not performing

Bob
7th December 2010, 07:46 PM
White,Hussey (David)&Hodge in.
Out Ponting,North.
Where is Clark the Bowler

Woof
7th December 2010, 08:28 PM
The Windies went through it and are still going through the loss of a lot of great players at the same time.
Hate to say it but we have been on top for a long time with some great players and now that they are gone the selectors don't know what to do.....................it's good that we are struggling at the moment and it will probably go on for a while until the next generation of legends come long but that's not going to happen until the young ones and maybe future legends get their chance.
It's a wake up call and the selectors are still asleep.............yes I do have it in for the selectors by the way.:animierte-smilies-f

TheFlyingBadger
16th December 2010, 11:48 PM
bloody cricket. I've been there today, worked harder than i normally do at work - just to avoid getting burned! I was surrounded by bloody poms, if i'd wanted to see that many of them at a time i'd never have emigrated!

and don't get me started on batsmen wafting at balls miles outside off stump

Woof
17th December 2010, 12:16 AM
Hate to say it as much as I want to beat the Poms, I hope we get flogged, then there maybe a big shake up in the Team and the Selectors, it's got to happen NOW

TheFlyingBadger
17th December 2010, 12:35 AM
Hate to say it as much as I want to beat the Poms, I hope we get flogged, then there maybe a big shake up in the Team and the Selectors, it's got to happen NOW

i'm not sure it will. i think only rain can save us from a 4-0 the way the series is going, but where are the next generation of batsmen? Hughes & Smith both looked garbage today, and they are meant to be our future. where the hell can we find a spinner? It could be about 6-7 years of pain and suffering, being glad for getting to play the "crap" nations just so we can get a win. Ind/SA/Eng are going to be beyond us for a while

Maxhead
15th January 2011, 07:57 AM
Well, finally a win for the Aussies. I thought they played pretty well even though it was twenty 20

Maxhead
15th January 2011, 10:41 AM
Fair enough, I think it might give the Aussies the much needed mental boost.
We got flogged in the tests so hopefully the one dayers are a bit more entertaining

Maxhead
15th January 2011, 11:04 AM
"Australian Rules Baseball" .

Haha, a new Olympic sport??

DX grunt
15th January 2011, 03:13 PM
Who woke this thread up???? LOLOLOL

Maxhead
17th March 2011, 07:55 PM
What was Ponting thinking when he had his dummy spit? Is he loosing the plot..

Woof
17th March 2011, 08:07 PM
What was Ponting thinking when he had his dummy spit? Is he loosing the plot..

What a WAN$ER!!!

growler2058
17th March 2011, 08:10 PM
He's always been a little nob head it the sign of a captain thats grasping at straws he knows he's gone but wont let go. He shoulda pulled the pin himself at the end of 09/10 season

katwoman
17th March 2011, 10:50 PM
What is this game you speak of ?? Is that the crap on the other channel while I'm watching the tennis ??

growler2058
18th March 2011, 07:27 AM
Yeah that's just not a sign of a good captain. He needs to go soon I think. Who would you replace him with though? Is Clarke the guy we really want?

Thats a hard 1 at the moment definately not Clarke hes still on a Lara Dingle berries hangover, I would like to see Haddin step up I rekon even though he had a sH!t summer, that he will find his form. Or can Cameron White do the job?

If all else fails bring back the King of spin, the Sheik of tweak all time aussie legend Warnie:bowdown:
HAHAHHAHAHAHA

Maxhead
19th March 2011, 09:44 PM
Aussies off to a slow start but hopefully pick it up from now on!!!

Maxhead
24th March 2011, 12:00 AM
Looks like Ponting might be gone after the world cup...hopefully!!!

growler2058
24th March 2011, 08:12 AM
Looks like Ponting might be gone after the world cup...hopefully!!!

Fingers crossed

Bob
24th March 2011, 08:25 AM
All this media talk is not going to help either ponting to get his form back and australia win the game today.

growler2058
24th March 2011, 08:29 AM
All this media talk is not going to help either ponting to get his form back and australia win the game today.

Agree with ya Bob but i think theres a hell of a lot more issues. The whole kit and kaboodle needs a big shakeup!

Unfortunately for some its gotta start at the top

Dark 1
24th March 2011, 06:31 PM
Ponting should of been gone a year ago. I reckon mike huss could captain or haddin maybe.

Woof
24th March 2011, 08:31 PM
Ponting should of been gone a year ago. I reckon mike huss could captain or haddin maybe.

Got to agree with you there Kelvin...................Western Australia carries this country and Mike Hussy will carry our countries cricket team...........................LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE MIGHTY WA...HIP, HIP...http://209.85.48.9/1806/9/emo/feedback.gif:thumbup:

Bigrig
24th March 2011, 09:02 PM

They said the same thing about Matt Hayden didn't they?? And look what he did ... not saying he should stay necessarily, but we tend to have short memories about their achievements, and with a bit of support you never know ... the pressure of expectation has to get to even the best of them and not let them do their thing naturally.

My four cents ...

growler2058
24th March 2011, 09:13 PM
They said the same thing about Matt Hayden didn't they?? And look what he did ... not saying he should stay necessarily, but we tend to have short memories about their achievements, and with a bit of support you never know ... the pressure of expectation has to get to even the best of them and not let them do their thing naturally.

My four cents ...

Agree but punters been having bad seasonS not just a bad spell. No point floggin a dead horse!

Bigrig
24th March 2011, 09:19 PM
Agree but punters been having bad seasonS not just a bad spell. No point floggin a dead horse!

Is there a better horse to flog?? It's the only one I could catch!!! LMFAO

growler2058
24th March 2011, 09:23 PM
Is there a better horse to flog?? It's the only one I could catch!!! LMFAO

I get flogged like a borrowed horse by the wife and not in a fun way!! hahahahahhaha chores

Bigrig
24th March 2011, 09:27 PM
I get flogged like a borrowed horse by the wife and not in a fun way!! hahahahahhaha chores

I sweat like a galloping stallion doing just about anything ... does that count?? LOL!!

Bigrig
24th March 2011, 09:30 PM
Oh Jesus here we go again. WA versus the rest. C'mon fellas let's for once act like we cheer for the same big island we all live on and cease the divisive attitudes.

I couldn't give a stuff if someone's from WA or NT or QLD or TAS; we're all Australians and this thread is about the Australian Cricket Team. When it comes to international cricket, I barrack for Australia not Victoria.

There ya go Doggy, that's my feedback! :cheers:

Well said Plassy - that WA lot are just childish ... lol

Dark 1
24th March 2011, 09:35 PM
Bloody westerners.

growler2058
24th March 2011, 09:37 PM
I didnt know mexicans played cricket.............hahahahhahahahahahahahahaha just jokin Aussie Aussie Aussie OY OY OY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woof
24th March 2011, 09:43 PM
:oops: Just trying to wind everyone up, I will get back in my Box now.

growler2058
24th March 2011, 09:47 PM
Oh Jesus here we go again. WA versus the rest. C'mon fellas let's for once act like we cheer for the same big island we all live on and cease the divisive attitudes.

I couldn't give a stuff if someone's from WA or NT or QLD or TAS; we're all Australians and this thread is about the Australian Cricket Team. When it comes to international cricket, I barrack for Australia not Victoria.

There ya go Doggy, that's my feedback! :cheers:

What about us crow eaters we got feelins ya know where not made of stone and we play cricket hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha We had the DON

growler2058
24th March 2011, 10:00 PM
You know, I've travelled extensively through every state and territory in this country and EVERY state/territory is absolutely superb to visit. Unreal things to see and do no matter where you are and SA has got to be the most underestimated state in the country. I think it's awesome.

Anyway, back to the cricket.

My personal opinion is that Ponting is one of the best cricket players in the world, but one of the worst captains. In my time (I'm 37) the best Aussie cricket captain has been "Tubby" Taylor. He was a the most agressive captain as far as tactics and field placings are concerned but was always a gentleman. Australian cricket captains should have decorum as well as talent and Ponting fails (and always has) in the decorum department. His talent is undisputed.

I'm only a couple years older than you but my favourite was Allan Border follow close 2nd Steve Waugh back in the days when men played cricket and didnt worry about their nails and hair. No doubt punter WAS great but hasnt been for a while now.

Bigrig
24th March 2011, 10:01 PM
I'm only a couple years older than you but my favourite was Allan Border follow close 2nd Steve Waugh back in the days when men played cricket and didnt worry about their nails and hair. No doubt punter WAS great but hasnt been for a while now.

Yep, Border was a legend!!

Dark 1
25th March 2011, 07:12 PM
Well what do ya know they lost again, ponting scores a hundred & now 'HE'S IN FORM" what a load of rubbish. Tait is too friggin unpredictable, keep the guys like huss, haddin & maybe watson & get rid of the rest.

One thing tho when australia does come back into form won't it be great to watch.

growler2058
25th March 2011, 08:11 PM
oh great anutha record................ first time since '92 havent made a world cup final

Maxhead
29th March 2011, 11:16 AM
Hey Plassy, loos like you might get your wish mate.
"Ricky Ponting to announce he will stand down as Australia captain but will continue playing as batsman" http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/cricket-world-cup-2011/ricky-ponting-to-announce-he-is-set-to-stand-down-as-australia-captain-but-will-continue-as-batsman/story-e6frf3ju-1226029847046

Bob
29th March 2011, 11:26 AM
Perhaps we should clean out ACA Board as well including the Coach.

Maxhead
29th March 2011, 01:18 PM
Perhaps we should clean out ACA Board as well including the Coach.
Some of them should definitely go as well. Makes you wonder what they're thinking in some of their decisions .....

It's like a business when someone doesn't perform , you get rid of them. Some of these guys should't be there and Ricky definitely shouldn't be captain.
He's got a pretty good record but not from good management but great past players

growler2058
29th March 2011, 07:54 PM
And Ponting is gone..................hopefully a bit more dead wood gets cut out now weve got Clarke better the devil you know?? we'll see cant be a bad thing

growler2058
29th March 2011, 08:15 PM
Yeah agree with all above, I reckon it's a good thing Ponting's stepped down. Hopefully the enquiry into the Ashes loss also puts pressure on others to go. Coach and selectors for instance.

(Sorry Boony I luv ya mate but selection has been very poor in recent years).

Classic tall poppie syndrome for punter all be it a little late, the selectors probably have more to answer to than punter. However always sad when someone wont let go on a high and drags their departure time out, no good for morale when the team has to stand by a poor performing captain. And definately gets the fans offside too

Dark 1
30th March 2011, 12:19 AM
AHH what a sigh of relief, maybe now australia can begin the rebuilding process.

Maxhead
20th September 2011, 09:27 PM
Clarke went for a draw in the 3rd test instead trying to win the match...softKOK

Maxhead
26th December 2011, 07:00 PM
Someone give the umpires some glasses., Hussey and Cowan got ripped off...Or at least use the technology if they are not 100% sure

Maxhead
27th December 2011, 10:30 AM
No video umpire in this series mate. Both teams have to agree to use it and the Indians didn't want it. So it will be umpires call for the entire series. Not such a bad thing if you ask me. Yes we'll get some dodgy decisions but so will they. Can't see the problem with umpires umpiring personally.

Even though Hussey didn't get bat on ball he got into a very bad position and could (should) have played is so much better. Cowan got one that could have gone either way.....stuff happens.

But how great did Cowan bat today? Was absolutely solid as a rock all day and batted how a real Test opener should bat - conservative and tactical and when he went for it.......he went for it. None of this angled bat wave it around like a magic want cr@p that Hughes does. He should never make a Test team again.

Agree with ya to an extent mate. Yes people play bad shots and get out, they also play bad shots and survive but that is the game of cricket. In Husseys case, he was in a bad position to play a shot but the ball was no where near the bat or glove. It was miles off and there where no noises..WTF...how much was he(umpire) paid to give him out???...lolol

In Cowans case it was very very close so the decision could go either way, and I understand umpires (humans) can't see the hairline calls so they should not really make decision on those to be fair to both teams.
And this is where technology should be used. This will take away the originality of the game but games can be won or lost on bad decisions. India must have won a lot of games on bad calls, so I can understand the reason why they don't want 3rd umpire...lol

Cowan played a fantastic innings and should have not been stopped getting his debut 100 by a bad call.

Bring on the 3rd umpire I say

Maxhead
29th December 2011, 05:17 PM
Game 1 is over and WOOOHOOO we won!!!
It wasn't the best betting performance from both sides but there where some glimpses of some nice form from both sides.
I actually enjoyed this test as it was close all the time and both sides bowling was brilliant...may be the Aussie top order batting could improve

Any ways 1-0

Bring on Sydney

AB
29th December 2011, 05:24 PM
Poor performance from both but at the end of the day we won...lmao

growler2058
29th December 2011, 08:47 PM
Well we gotta bowling trio no fer the batters to STEP UP!!

ozzyboy
29th December 2011, 08:52 PM
i think Ponting / Hussey critics need to re - assess :). They batted well on a hard to get in on pitch.
I also think Siddle is one of the most under - rated bowlers in the game. He is an absolute weapon

growler2058
29th December 2011, 08:55 PM
Not that I like arguing:-) but one half decent go in a coupla years doesn't cut the mustard for me those poppies need trimming hahahaha ;-)

Maxhead
29th December 2011, 08:58 PM
Well, if we didn;t have them this test we would have been screwed

growler2058
29th December 2011, 09:14 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzz hook line n sinker hahahahahaha sorry but time is here to cut out the dead wood :-)

ozzyboy
29th December 2011, 09:17 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzz hook line n sinker hahahahahaha sorry but time is here to cut out the dead wood :-)

agree. clarke and marsh... its time to go :P

Maxhead
29th December 2011, 09:18 PM

I agree mate we need some fresh blood, we just struggle to get any or the selectors are too scared to make a change....There are a few I would get rid off right now...starting with Haddin!!!!! useless!

growler2058
29th December 2011, 10:21 PM
Gotta say Australia looked alive in the field today the first time in many years they were buzzin damn good to see, the high of some early Indian wickets helped no doubt. And a bloody great hussey catch

growler2058
29th December 2011, 10:21 PM
And yup haddin needs a break for sure

DX grunt
29th December 2011, 11:03 PM
Is this thread still alive???? hahahahahaha I thought it was archived years ago!! lol

growler2058
29th December 2011, 11:13 PM
It's back on mate now we've one a game :-)

DX grunt
29th December 2011, 11:17 PM
It's back on mate now we've one a game :-)

Is that good?????? hahahahahaha

growler2058
30th December 2011, 08:21 AM
There are two things in life that you can never get too much of.

And one of them is cricket!

X2 we don't like cricket.......we LOVE it

Maxhead
24th February 2012, 10:30 PM
F'ing I won't say any more!

NissanGQ4.2
24th February 2012, 10:32 PM
F'ing I won't say any more!

I've seen better street cricket been played by kids *L*

Bigrig
24th February 2012, 10:33 PM
There are two things in life that you can never get too much of.

And one of them is cricket!

Is the other those awesome little ice creams with the strawberry on top that you seem to only be able to get at the annual Royal show??

I'm not on the right path am I ....

LMFAO!!!!

Clunk
24th February 2012, 11:28 PM
Is the other those awesome little ice creams with the strawberry on top that you seem to only be able to get at the annual Royal show??

I'm not on the right path am I ....

LMFAO!!!!

You know mate, I reckon you could very well be on the right path if. You added One of those chocky flakes lol