PDA

View Full Version : Another dead outback

threedogs
14th November 2012, 06:43 PM
Didn't take long for another post that could have been avoided.
Stay with your car. these ppl didn't and unfortunately one has loss his life.
Please make sure you know what your doing when outback, it's can be a brutal place.
my thoughts go out to all involved.
plenty of water an Epirb and a VHF or satallite Phone even a UHF my help,
THIS WAS avoidable , IMO just poor planning, lets make it the last.

MEGOMONSTER
14th November 2012, 06:50 PM
These ppl must wake up one day and say " F**k it, lets do the outback, pack a slab and a swag and take off.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

twisty
14th November 2012, 08:42 PM
... lets make it the last.

No chance! There will be more. Natural selection is hard at work. Like we need more people on this planet.

Woof
14th November 2012, 09:03 PM
In this day of technology this sort of stuff should not happen, but it will continue........my condolences to the family and friends affected

BigRAWesty
14th November 2012, 09:12 PM
Is this the 2 enviro guys TD?? Or another death??

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Maxhead
14th November 2012, 09:15 PM
I wonder what they were doing driving a hyundai excell in the outback.

Another sad and unnecessary loss.

Rustyboner81
14th November 2012, 09:18 PM
My feelings go out.
Working out bush for the last 7 years planning like that is second nature.
Can we make this a sticky thread or make a sticky thread highlighting the risks involve with remote travel and minimum recommended ewuipment to take.
Stick it with the never snatch from towballs post

threedogs
15th November 2012, 12:57 PM
Not hard to follow a few simple rules ,plenty of water, an Epirb. and stay with the vehicle, provide some shade. use very little energy. UHF, VHF
No wonder they shut the Simmo down over summer, Come on MODS make it a Sticky it may be one of our members next and I for ond wouldn't want that.
weather warming up too, This is the 4th death I've posted in what 3-4 months, surely we can stop one if not more

lorrieandjas
15th November 2012, 04:08 PM
Hi threedogs. Couldn't agree more - I posted up something from my experience with EPIRBs/PLBs which might be worth taking a look at for your thoughts too.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?16178-EPIRBs-and-PLBs

I know some of the newer PLBs also come with tracking and minimal code sending options as well which didn't write up about but they are pretty good too - but the subscriptions can add a bit to the base cost.

Jas

MudRunnerTD
15th November 2012, 05:01 PM
Is this the death we spoke about last week 3d of the guy checking the Bore?

If that's the death you refer to then I'm happy to make That thread a sticky as it was a pretty comprehensive discussion. Of greater value to newbys than a condolence thread.

It included News Thread of the death and links to video of the area.

Unless there is a new death of some goose in Hyundai?? As Chris stated but I think he was taking the piss?? Maybe?? God I hope so!!!

threedogs
15th November 2012, 05:12 PM
Not sure Westy there were 3 of them 1 was injured I think so decided to walk to safety.
Xmas coming up to to make it even lonelier. its all about education again

macca
15th November 2012, 05:37 PM
Is this the death we spoke about last week 3d of the guy checking the Bore?

If that's the death you refer to then I'm happy to make That thread a sticky as it was a pretty comprehensive discussion. Of greater value to newbys than a condolence thread.

It included News Thread of the death and links to video of the area.

Unless there is a new death of some goose in Hyundai?? As Chris stated but I think he was taking the piss?? Maybe?? God I hope so!!!

Muddy this is another loss, the blokes checking the bore were in the northern Simpson. This loss is north of Broken Hill.

MudRunnerTD
15th November 2012, 05:45 PM
Muddy this is another loss, the blokes checking the bore were in the northern Simpson. This loss is north of Broken Hill.

have you got a News feed link Macca?

Steveo_the_Devo
15th November 2012, 07:30 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/national/victorian-man-found-dead-in-outback-waterhole-20121115-29eg3.html