PDA

View Full Version : Wiring immobilsor

peterfranks72
15th November 2010, 11:25 PM
Hi to everyone am fitting an immobilsor to my 1993 GQ & not sure which wire is my ignition wire on the harness on the steering column. The following is a list of the wires I have found :

Blue with red line
White with black line
White with green line
Black with yellow line
white with red line

If anyone could help I would be gratefull

Woof
15th November 2010, 11:35 PM
May have to wait until tomorrow for an answer Peter, as some of our gurus are from over east and have probably gone to bed.

peterfranks72
15th November 2010, 11:44 PM
Cheers how is life in Mandurah ?

YNOT
15th November 2010, 11:49 PM
Blue with red line.............output to fuel pump fuse and fuel pump control unit.
White with black line........output to engine control fuse, ballast resistor, and ignition relay.
White with green line.......My diagram is showing a red wire; output to ballast resistor and positive side of ignition coil.
Black with yellow line.......output to inhibitor relay (auto's only) .
white with red line...........power in from green fusible link.

We're not all in bed Doggy!

Tony

Woof
15th November 2010, 11:53 PM
Love it here, been here for 10 years now, growing way too fast though.
Called in at Esperance for a week with my family on my way over here 10 years ago, probably changed heaps since then though, beautiful place, nearly stayed there.

Woof
15th November 2010, 11:56 PM
Thanks heaps Tony, it seems that 100 thanks is the limit mate, another job for AB tomorrow.....lol
Got to go, will see you both tomorrow..

peterfranks72
15th November 2010, 11:58 PM
Thanks Tony sorry forgot to say it is a diesel & yep Esperance has changed big time Dogman

YNOT
15th November 2010, 11:59 PM
Night Doggie.
AB's thankometer is up to 102?

Tony

XLR8
16th November 2010, 12:03 AM
Hi to everyone am fitting an immobilsor to my 1993 GQ & not sure which wire is my ignition wire on the harness on the steering column. The following is a list of the wires I have found :

Blue with red line - To Coil via resistor
White with black line - To Ignition Relay via resistor
White with green line - Accessories via fuse box
Black with yellow line - To Starter Motorwhite with red line -
Power supply from Battery via Fusible Link

If anyone could help I would be gratefull

The above is based on 4.2 Petrol Carby. The Starter wire is the same right through the series (Black/Yellow) but not too sure of any changes for the EFI. hopefully gets you out of strife

XLR8
16th November 2010, 12:05 AM
You're too bloody quick Tony, you got all that up in the time it took me to find it in the book lol

YNOT
16th November 2010, 12:08 AM
You're too bloody quick Tony, you got all that up in the time it took me to find it in the book lol

What book are you looking at?

Tony

peterfranks72
16th November 2010, 12:13 AM
Thanks am grateful for quick replies & help awesome ! But need info for a diesel

YNOT
16th November 2010, 12:21 AM
I need to work out how to download the manuals from here, at the moment I only have a Gregories manual for petrol GQ's.

Tony

peterfranks72
16th November 2010, 12:27 AM
Cheers thanks

XLR8
16th November 2010, 12:23 PM
My manual is extremely fuzzy but I can determine the following 3 are definitely correct

White with red line. - POWER (from Battery via fusible link)
Black with yellow line. - START (To Starter relay)
Blue with red line. - ACCESSORIES (To Accessories Relay)

These 2 I could not quite make out but will be easy to test as only one of the 2 will go to ON input in the back of the fuse block

White with black line. - START (Quick Glow System)
White with green line. - ON (To Ignition & Glow relays)

Hope that helps

peterfranks72
16th November 2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks heaps

Finly Owner
17th November 2010, 12:08 AM
I need to work out how to download the manuals from here, at the moment I only have a Gregories manual for petrol GQ's.

Tony
I just click and then save to c drive using abode

YNOT
17th November 2010, 12:10 AM
I must be doing something wrong then, when I tried it, it linked to rapidshare AG and went no further.

Tony

peterfranks72
17th November 2010, 09:55 AM
Did you try right click then save to command ?

YNOT
17th November 2010, 10:43 AM
I eventually got it to work last night.

Tony

peterfranks72
18th November 2010, 12:20 PM
Sweet is it the full manual ?

YNOT
18th November 2010, 12:43 PM
It is, but it's a scanned copy of a paper workshop manual so some of the small text is hard to read. I do a lot on Patrols so I might have to bite the bullet and buy original manuals.

Tony