PDA

View Full Version : For threedogs

janderson
13th November 2012, 08:00 PM
Hope I did this right. Map may help

threedogs
13th November 2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks, but now which side , Haynes RD or Suttons Lane??? Decisions decisions. Better fishing out Haynes rd but better camping out Suttons lane, will have to make a few calls

janderson
13th November 2012, 08:11 PM
If me, Ill go for camping spot. Until you get here you not know what’s available. Been some up here

threedogs
13th November 2012, 08:25 PM
It wont let me post,but going out Suttons lane easy to find us only 4-5 k in UHF channel 26
This side been closed for a very long time, may be good

I'll be up there thurday 29th with bff about 12 ish

janderson
13th November 2012, 09:15 PM
Cheers, catch ya then.

threedogs
13th November 2012, 11:22 PM
Left of Bearii ,where we fish nice 6 mt hole right in front of us, nice big logs as snags could get "HANK" never know.
Both trailers will be there,

Bloodyaussie
14th November 2012, 09:40 AM
Oh like that hey!!!!!!!!!

MEGOMONSTER
14th November 2012, 11:35 AM
Hank the tank is missing.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

threedogs
14th November 2012, 01:48 PM
Nah Aussie not that at all. put a post up in meet up but dont know if was deleted.
I've spoken to surgeon explaining it's a life or death matter that I go to the meet up with AB and Winnie,
First time he's yelled at me but stated if I do I'll be doing more damage than I might think as every thime I fall it's geting worse
sofar thats about 3-4 times a day ATM. AT my camp I do nothing except sit on my chair and point so others know what to do, most is in joke,
I'd give my lefty , Think its still there , but mate its hard being me ATM. sorry wish I could be there. only bearly going be anygood at Bearii as can only stand 5 min tops.

Not fair Mego and you know it, Should have that bugger teathered LOL

Bob
14th November 2012, 02:17 PM
Hey John

I should be there at Midday on thursday .

Looking forward to meeting you. Roofy is coming also.

If you need anything just give me a yell

threedogs
14th November 2012, 02:27 PM
Thats great should all be there about the same time, mud,flood or Blood, but its only a few hours back to Melb, looking forward to it.

janderson
14th November 2012, 05:04 PM
nice looking setup

stevogq
14th November 2012, 05:06 PM
love that setup did you make the white trailer or baught it like that

threedogs
14th November 2012, 05:28 PM
Yeah made them both , white one s 6x4 that used to carry a bob cat ,kept the tub and changed everything else,drawbar ,electric brakes,, 6 stud hubs ,has external marine speakers on board water , cd player 80 watt solar + 20 watt back up. ran 285x 16 tyres.
other is a 2010 Hilux single cab, decked out better than other, heres some more pics

stevogq
14th November 2012, 05:40 PM
thats very nice with floorboard and all, nice to see a patrol pulling a hylux lol where did you get the camper from? im planning on building one out of an existing trailer as i used to work in the caravan industry and just want a little project to work on

threedogs
14th November 2012, 05:49 PM
I'm in 4x4 industry so was a favour owed, these are wheels on lux trailer. Do a triple drawbar ,best set by far imo. Dont think an off road coupling is required, Need any info just PM
The clip on cover is a product called A" UTE SWAG" highly recommonend never leaks , breathes well heaps of windows
Even has led strip underneath for night walks, great rig tows like a dream 185cm drawbar,

stevogq
14th November 2012, 06:01 PM
the new chassis on vans have a independent suspention so towing is much smoother and easier on chassis and the van overall, ive never come accross a ute swag before ive been looking at a popup trailer tent little pricey though

threedogs
14th November 2012, 06:16 PM
Theres thread of someone putting I S on a camper, but looks way too costly. Mine will sit on 140 kph no probs, Hindsight which I have heaps of would of put water tank underneath with a pressure tap. Not much different I'd do Have a winch for the rear , Need to see it really, come to fishing weekend.
More room that what most people think, even with water tank I have 2.2 mtrs long by 1.5 mtr wide sleeps 2 easy, when I find someone.

stevogq
14th November 2012, 06:26 PM
for a camper trailer 2 ppl is what you need others can sleep on the shrubs lol might look into an annex aswell because fishing in the hot sun is not my cup of tea, just a compact camper with plenty of storage.

stevogq
14th November 2012, 06:31 PM
sorry janderson i didnt realise i hyjacked this thread

MEGOMONSTER
14th November 2012, 06:54 PM
sorry janderson i didnt realise i hyjacked this thread

Yeah, better step back mate. LOL

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

stevogq
14th November 2012, 06:57 PM
im sorry sir lol

janderson
14th November 2012, 07:00 PM
no probs stevogq

threedogs
14th November 2012, 07:00 PM
Mego stop putting those pics up.
you know I'm off the roids now right

Drew
14th November 2012, 07:02 PM
Nice trailer setup

threedogs
14th November 2012, 07:05 PM
Come up fishing on Cod opening , few leaving on the 29th of Nov to get a good spot .Going to Bearii all welcome

stevogq
14th November 2012, 07:07 PM
love to but ill be working on the sat or sun ill be there

threedogs
14th November 2012, 07:10 PM
More than welcome just PM for gps co-ords

stevogq
14th November 2012, 07:22 PM
no problem

MEGOMONSTER
14th November 2012, 07:30 PM
If I leave early enough I'll stop in as well, before going to Yarrawonga

threedogs
14th November 2012, 07:44 PM
Coool turn left at Bearii I'll PMco- ords

Winnie
14th November 2012, 07:49 PM
Nah Aussie not that at all. put a post up in meet up but dont know if was deleted.
I've spoken to surgeon explaining it's a life or death matter that I go to the meet up with AB and Winnie,
First time he's yelled at me but stated if I do I'll be doing more damage than I might think as every thime I fall it's geting worse
sofar thats about 3-4 times a day ATM. AT my camp I do nothing except sit on my chair and point so others know what to do, most is in joke,
I'd give my lefty , Think its still there , but mate its hard being me ATM. sorry wish I could be there. only bearly going be anygood at Bearii as can only stand 5 min tops.

Come on mate, I'm showing up and I fractured my foot two weeks ago. I think this is a little poor effort on your behalf!
LOL just kidding mate, best wishes.

threedogs
14th November 2012, 08:04 PM
I'm dying to go , but not much fun just sitting on chair, still possible as got to see surgeon again for more meds . then again I thought it was cup day yesterday whats thats song. Lets fly away lets fly away today. this is arthur and Martha meds so drivings out.

Drew
14th November 2012, 08:37 PM
The only cod I know is. Call of duty :)

MEGOMONSTER
14th November 2012, 09:20 PM
Coool turn left at Bearii I'll PMco- ords

How long do you reckon it'll take me from Bearii to Yarrawonga. So I can try to get timing right.

stevogq
14th November 2012, 09:25 PM
well mego is going to cod classic

Bloodyaussie
14th November 2012, 09:32 PM

All good mate... this time of year its hard to get to do all things I want as work is so busy and I cant even catch up with good mates but make time for a bunch of strangers in the woods!!!!

My brother inlaw hassled me to go on a fishing trip from months ago with all his mates for 3 days and now I find out he is not going, glad I did not commit to this.

Thats also why I am only staying Friday night at this meet up as I cant afford the time, Come January I should have more to meet up for the odd fishing trip??

MEGOMONSTER
14th November 2012, 10:03 PM
well mego is going to cod classic

Sure am buddy.

stevogq
14th November 2012, 10:06 PM
Sure am buddy.

soooo tempting, very limited with a 3yo and 1yo kids

MEGOMONSTER
14th November 2012, 10:18 PM
Sorry mate I'll need map instructions not GPS co-ords.

MEGOMONSTER
14th November 2012, 10:22 PM
soooo tempting, very limited with a 3yo and 1yo kids

So so tempting

stevogq
14th November 2012, 10:31 PM
:1087:please dont rub it in

Bloodyaussie
15th November 2012, 08:04 AM
So so tempting

Its the same fish... it's just a rubber one you drag out for photos isn't it???? he he!!!!

threedogs
15th November 2012, 08:51 AM
has to be like those blow up sheep, someone told me, but enough showing off,
fillets or nothing my big friend

mudski
15th November 2012, 08:52 AM
The only cod I know is. Call of duty :)

I'm a BF2 & 3 whore personally.

threedogs
15th November 2012, 09:13 AM
You dropping in Mudski only 2.5 hrs from home. as I said All welcome

mudski
16th November 2012, 08:36 AM
Lol, mate I haven't done cod fishing in 20 years I reckon. All my gear, which is mainly lure gear and fly gear is too light for this stuff.

threedogs
16th November 2012, 08:49 AM
My bbf hasn't changed his gear ever, one rod for Cod, Barra, whiting, trout,redfin, yellowbelly, Marlin.Only need 20lb line ane some 1.0 hooks and your in, we'll have heaps of spare stuff

stevogq
16th November 2012, 09:20 AM
same here threedogs same 2 rods from Kmart at $40 never let me down from garfish to monster carp

threedogs
16th November 2012, 10:16 AM
Yo Mego this will get you in the general area, as I said turn left at Bearii end of bitumen road.bus stop an lhs corner, follow dirt road about 3-4 k turn right at farm house Suttons track/lane.
follow that over cattle grid through gates over levee bank follow dirt rd for 4-5 ks will see us on rhs about 100 yrd away co-ords are 35 degree 51' 38.65" S 145degree 17' 45.04" E uhf 26 or yell, toot horn, what ever you cant be too far away. just off river rd easy to find

MEGOMONSTER
16th November 2012, 12:11 PM
Sweet that easy enough, now I gotta make sure the others are ready to go, I don't know probably leave at nine get there 12, have a drink maybe wet a line and take off to cod classic.
And if I honk my horn, I could still be fair way away with the twin air horns.

janderson
16th November 2012, 07:04 PM
How long do you reckon it'll take me from Bearii to Yarrawonga. So I can try to get timing right.

Bearii to Yarrawonga. 70Km, about 1 hour.

MEGOMONSTER
16th November 2012, 11:24 PM
Bearii to Yarrawonga. 70Km, about 1 hour.

Leave by 4 get there 5, unload, get settled in and get to the footy oval and confirm registration.

MEGOMONSTER
16th November 2012, 11:45 PM
Perhaps this one might swim your way. Hope your strong enough to pull him in. http://youtu.be/xEDF0xmcZUQ

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience. Y2K

MEGOMONSTER
16th November 2012, 11:58 PM
Do you get many of these in Murray Bearii style. http://youtu.be/xNRycssdC_E

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience. Y2K

threedogs
17th November 2012, 07:37 AM
Shite we're only off the bank 740mm best so far. using 40 lb dyneema just in case. wont happen over night but it will happen.

threedogs
22nd November 2012, 02:49 PM
About 8 from my tribe coming up, arriving anytime from friday arvo to saturday morning. makes for good humour will explain camp rules when all present.
rule one can't talk about any blokes mum full stop, or dog, even though my BFF has a pug which I don't reckons a dog, its what we call a double ender. No musical instruments at all, even clacking 2 sticks together may see you barred from fire area lol
Dont make the rules these have been passed down through the years, and no talking stick

MEGOMONSTER
22nd November 2012, 04:36 PM
What no Kum Ba Ya either, oh man

threedogs
22nd November 2012, 04:48 PM
If you have a new fishing dress thats fine, I'm more a moo moo guy, and legs closed when fishing

janderson
22nd November 2012, 04:52 PM
Just been down to the camp spot. Looks good and no other camps at the moment. Can see plenty of carp swimming around.

MEGOMONSTER
22nd November 2012, 09:39 PM
But what about HANK

threedogs
22nd November 2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks Janderson, I take it you go to the turn off where there is normally a pile of road screenings, straight after river rd. Hank can't be a carp can he.?? Few of us will be there Thursday lunch soon get rid of them. Mego this side of forrest been closed for a long time, glad its finally open

MEGOMONSTER
22nd November 2012, 10:13 PM
I talked to my brother this evening, and told him we'll be taking a slight detour on the way to Yarrawonga to a place called Bearii on the Murray to check it out. Then from there make our way to Mulwala.

MEGOMONSTER
22nd November 2012, 10:16 PM
My mate who lives up there is saying they are going crazy, catching 3-4 cod in a 2-3hr session in the mornings with plenty of carp to keep him busy in between. Although he did say he found a new secret spot, which of course is not telling me.

janderson
23rd November 2012, 10:34 AM
HANK been working overtime spawning. He’s now going on holiday for some R&R.

Bob
23rd November 2012, 10:39 AM
Should be there at about Midday on the Thursday.
Looking forward to a bit of Rest & Recreation with maybe a bit of Fishing thrown in.
GPS Co-ordinates punched in and on UHF 26.
See you there

threedogs
23rd November 2012, 04:24 PM
Janderson you're good thats the spot, un believable well done
Cool Bob nanna naps are between 2 and 4, we like to call it quiet time shhhh

janderson
23rd November 2012, 04:28 PM
Plenty of fire wood there too. Bit green, but will burn anyway.

threedogs
23rd November 2012, 04:39 PM
Unreal, technology, what can I say. Looking forward to the Koalas weeing on us. the Kookaburras waking us at 5.30, ahh thats what camping is all about. Bummer but used to be a great redgum table and seats there till some idiot thought they make better fire wood. And ppl wonder why tracks etc are closed down, been going to that exact spot for 10 yrs now, gotta love the Murray. Don't forget a NSW inland licence to

janderson
23rd November 2012, 04:45 PM
We now have these, so be warned. This is what happens when we are locked out.

threedogs
23rd November 2012, 04:49 PM
Ahhh the dreaded drop bear, mate used to use them to train his Greyhounds, it wasn't cruel as he pulled the claws out of the Koalas first with plyers so dogs wouldn't get hurt'
And if you believe that seek help lol

Black Saturday they walked straight through camp down to the Murray and just sat in saplings down next to river, unbelievable

MEGOMONSTER
23rd November 2012, 06:37 PM
Are the banks steep and fishable or do you just fish from up top.

janderson
23rd November 2012, 06:48 PM
It has both steep & you can easily get to water’s edge.

threedogs
23rd November 2012, 06:51 PM
As above small beach ledge area down some steps. really depends how far water is down

MEGOMONSTER
23rd November 2012, 07:00 PM
Is the water dirty like further down stream in echuca. Really don't like the water down there, nice town though. Fishing shithouse.

janderson
23rd November 2012, 07:03 PM
Water low enough so can walk along edge.

stevogq
23rd November 2012, 07:50 PM
Yeah I can see myself reeling in a cod from there lol

MEGOMONSTER
23rd November 2012, 10:19 PM
What's the Trout Cod population like down there.

threedogs
24th November 2012, 06:03 AM
never heard or seen any caught,

MEGOMONSTER
24th November 2012, 06:38 AM
Really, as soon as dusk comes along, we'll get 2-3 nearly every night up near Yarrawonga. But hardly any during day.

For those wanting to fish the Murray river to catch the illusive Murray cod must remember that the Trout Cod is protected and returned to the water unharmed.

threedogs
22nd April 2013, 06:28 PM
My thread, my subject change, picked these up on Fleabay for nix.
My intension was/is to turn them into salt and pepper shakers.
All I know they are old power line insulators, Can anyone tell me
if "FB 41 is for FEB 1941???.
Plus has anyone made a set of salt and pepper shakers from some
cape York ones.

threedogs
22nd April 2013, 06:37 PM
Also a pic of my camp knives, and how I store them
Mates swear sharpest knives ever, just the weight will cause a cut.
Always have heaps of bandaids lol

The black handled jobs are Mundial, plastic handle more hygenic that wood.
Show me yours or what you use

Drew
22nd April 2013, 07:39 PM
I use an east/west (I think that's what it's called) Furi. Circumcise a fly when sharp :) :)

threedogs
22nd April 2013, 07:45 PM
Oh yeah Furii are a great Knife

janderson
23rd April 2013, 02:02 PM
Here is my camping & hunting knives. The top one is a 35 year old Schrade ‘Old Timer’ Made in USA. All are sharp enough to shave with.

threedogs
23rd April 2013, 03:18 PM
You Janderson nice looking Dick there lol Oh stop it its a brand name F.Dick , plus Black jobs are Mundial too are they??
The 2 with wooden handles are they heirloom numbers. Next time I'm up I'll bring some that I've made, Still have GGG grandmas carving Knife
Marked "special Steel" So Pre stainless And about 1845 from resarch of markings, Stainless invented in 1930 I think , Before Special steel we had warranted or forged steel which will date back to Cpt Cook, Rattling on but it is interesting stuff IMO
from top down my homemade full red gum fillet knife, my homemade schrade sharp finger from Damascus billet bar, GGGGranny's carving knife and some Damascus Ladder billet bar

threedogs
23rd April 2013, 05:22 PM
So I take it no one has made some some salt and pepper shakers from insulators.
Might have to attack one with the dremel and see what works

threedogs
13th May 2013, 04:14 PM
Heres an interesting knife I just purchased, knife , 8" Chefs Its CERAMIC, yep ceramic, compressed under great pressure. to me looks like steel,cuts like steel
but its ceramic and bloody sharp too. As far as sharpening goes you do that in the normal way {stone or steel}, but very brittle so no cutting bones etc.

The other pic is a trivet I've made from a Clydesdale horse shoe, 8" across
Big Fella is getting some cast iron ones made from a sample I had. can't be too far away from ready

Going to finish an upside down finger skinner this week but need to see butcher about some bones first,
should look awesome if it works out

threedogs
16th May 2013, 04:50 PM
@ Bob don't know if you remember But this was at our last camp.
Don't think we sat under it as was a warm night. But as you can see plenty of light