PDA

View Full Version : Changed the ZD30 Fanbelt Tensioner...

steve4377
13th November 2012, 05:23 PM
Hey guys, hope you are all well.

Just an update about changing the Fanbelt Tensioner on my GU, ZD30. Bought a new tensioner on ebay for $135 (Genuine part). Took your advice and cheers everyone for the help and tips. When it comes to just changing your fanbelt, it's bloody handy to know how too, and important if ya gonna go (seriously Bush). It was easy to DIY, just take ya time. So in case if anyone is interested, send me a message and I'll explain it. Worth doing yourself (a mate paid over $500 to have a mechanic do his). Great advice to spin the other pulleys to ensure their bearings are good too - cheers for that tip, and a sense of satisfaction knowing that if push comes to shove in a remote area, it's easy to change/replace the fanbelt (I carry a spare belt). And you were right the bottom bearing was 'flogged' out and rattling, so it wasn't just the fluid leak from the tensioner, so probably worth changing it out every 100k or so I'd imagine.

Thanxs again all for a great result.

Steve

wildgu6
13th November 2012, 06:29 PM
Hey Steve, might be worth doing a write up in the DIY section mate, could be helpful to those wanting to DIY their belts and tensioner, and yes so true to take your time and nut it out. I got changing the fan blades down pat now, no short cuts no hassles.
Next time your chasing gen' Nissan parts mate, give Garry from NIZZBITS an email or PM, he's pretty good on price for gen' bits for members.
Good work anyway, we'll done

Cheers Pete

Tappn the App Beers on Tap

Sir Roofy
13th November 2012, 08:25 PM
Well done mate not hard once you study where and how
its tobe done