PDA

View Full Version : Questions about 2007 3l turbo diesel

markp90
12th November 2012, 10:20 PM
hi guys

Just bought my first 4x4 a 2007 model Nissan patrol 3l turbo diesel.

Just have a few questions about them hoping someone might be able to answer.

First off just want an idea on what the servicing costs are like on them? Obviously the answers wont be the same but just want a bit of an idea.

Secondly ive read up a little bit about the 3l engines and read a few bad things about them.
was this only on the older models like a few people have told me or do I need to keep a close eye on the same symptoms in the model I just bought?

Thanks

Mark

the evil twin
13th November 2012, 12:25 AM
Is it a CRD ? If so then they are OK straight out of the box so you don't need to do much at all, entirely up to you tho. If it is a Di then maybe you might consider doing the NADS mods but there are a hell of a lot of Patrols post Series 3 out there without it.

Servicing cost? Well, Nissan do fixed price servicings so call them for prices or if you go to your local dude then the price should be the same as any other CRD make and model.

markp90
15th November 2012, 07:50 PM
Hy mate

Thanks for the reply

I pick it up next week but 99% certain its di so i might look a bit further into the Nads just to be on the safe side.
I had a look into the fixed price servicing but from what I can see and this is only going by there website its only up to 120k mine has 160k on it so no good. i was only after a rough guide as its the first turbo diesel ive bought so have no clue, the bloke i bought it off told me about $250 for 10k minor service but then he was trying to sell the car so could be stretchin it a bit.

thanks
mark

kevin07
15th November 2012, 11:53 PM
Hy mate

Thanks for the reply

I pick it up next week but 99% certain its di so i might look a bit further into the Nads just to be on the safe side.
I had a look into the fixed price servicing but from what I can see and this is only going by there website its only up to 120k mine has 160k on it so no good. i was only after a rough guide as its the first turbo diesel ive bought so have no clue, the bloke i bought it off told me about $250 for 10k minor service but then he was trying to sell the car so could be stretchin it a bit.

thanks
mark do you know the month of the build date if its august on its a crd you will need to tell us how many klms a year your going to do generall guess will do

steve4377
16th November 2012, 12:55 AM
I do the basic 10k service myself. It's pretty easy and cheap. Works out about $100 including all parts and oil. Pack of three filters -oil, air and fuel on ebay about $60. Oil about $100 per 20 litre tin (lasts about three services). The rest is inspections which just takes some time.

markp90
18th November 2012, 10:10 PM
do you know the month of the build date if its august on its a crd you will need to tell us how many klms a year your going to do generall guess will do

Not sure sorry haven't checked , should have it in the next few days and will know for sure. It doesnt have common rail diesel stickered down the side if that helps.

markp90
18th November 2012, 10:12 PM
I do the basic 10k service myself. It's pretty easy and cheap. Works out about $100 including all parts and oil. Pack of three filters -oil, air and fuel on ebay about $60. Oil about $100 per 20 litre tin (lasts about three services). The rest is inspections which just takes some time.

Thanks steve07 gives me something to go by, just a few people telling me stories of services costing up to 2k on there 4b's. (mind you they own a cruiser that could be the prob ;P)
My 06 commodore which I'm getting rid of has cost me over a grand nearly every service so if its on par or under I figure I'm winning.

kevin07
18th November 2012, 11:02 PM
mark i think you need a new mechanic i think the one your using wants to retire early

markp90
18th November 2012, 11:10 PM
mark i think you need a new mechanic i think the one your using wants to retire early

No unfortunately its not the mechanic, he actually looks after me really well. Its just the omegas are renowned for problems which Ive found out the hard way hence why Im getting rid of it.

Will not be buying another holden after the issues Ive had with it.