PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads

benno_84
15th November 2010, 01:02 PM
Hi guys,

I am just in the process of changing my brake pads on the GU. I have been looking on ebay and there seems to be a big price difference between brands with Bendix being the most expensive.

I am just wondering if anyone has some opinions and experience of which pads are the best value for money?

Thanks

Lloyd

YNOT
15th November 2010, 01:18 PM
Bendix 4WD pads are my choice. Being an important part of the braking system I don't mind paying a bit extra for something that I know will be good quality.

Tony

wildgu6
15th November 2010, 06:57 PM
Hey buddy, Yer Im with Tony on this one.
Been using Bendix pads now for almost 30 yrs on all my vehicles.
Good stopping power, may be a bit pricey but well worth it in my book.
Never had an issue with them and they are a good hard wearing pad.

Cheers Pete

Maxhead
15th November 2010, 08:47 PM
Agree with the Bendix brand, can't go wrong

patch697
16th November 2010, 11:19 AM
^^^^^^^ same here to. I don't run anything else bar Bendix.

Finly Owner
17th November 2010, 12:20 AM
Bendix are a very recommended brand and reliable also are I think, average range of price from most retailers. Remember sometimes it pays to check your retailers for price against Ebay.

Tim

sweet_gq
29th November 2010, 02:52 PM
yep - again the same, although Ferodo through repco are good as well. Guess what - same price as bendix.

definately wouldn't go ebay for brakes...

Bigrig
29th November 2010, 08:09 PM
Same goes - Bendix it is ... seem to have far less brake dust with them also ...

amandrew325
17th March 2011, 08:32 PM
yep - again the same, although Ferodo through repco are good as well. Guess what - same price as bendix.

definately wouldn't go ebay for brakes (http://www.stylintrucks.com/category/performance/brakes.aspx)...

My front calipers are in for service due to the rubber boots having damage and one side sticking on.
They have just rung me saying the pistons are rusted and 2 new ones are required.
My questions is can you buy new aftermarket calipers to bolt straight on?

YNOT
17th March 2011, 10:54 PM
My front calipers are in for service due to the rubber boots having damage and one side sticking on.
They have just rung me saying the pistons are rusted and 2 new ones are required.
My questions is can you buy new aftermarket calipers to bolt straight on?

You might be able to but it would be cheaper just to get new pistons for your old callipers.

Tony

Sean
18th March 2011, 12:52 AM
hey any advice on slotted rotors or slotted and crossed drilled rotors...... is one better than the other???

nowoolies
18th March 2011, 12:56 AM
your life depends on a bloody good brakeing system why even look at rubbish
stick with bendix............ just my thoughts

Mrowka
18th March 2011, 05:44 AM
OK, stupit question but are the brake pads for two-piston and four-piston front brakes any different?

YNOT
18th March 2011, 06:45 AM
Yes they probably would be different but Patrols have never used 4 piston callipers.

Tony