PDA

View Full Version : selling 1985 MQ patrol with mods

jesse1990
9th November 2012, 08:19 PM
Hey everyone, I'm selling my MQ. It currently doesn't start. The mods I have done are a CT 26 turbo standard 12 pound boost, new gearbox and transfer case, 12000 pound ridge rider winch with re-enforced steel plate, diesel pump rebuild, duel battery system, snorkel, it has the rear tailgate with spare tire and jerry can holder, side steps, spare 160 L tank underneath for diesel or water, airline's in the rear for airbags. The 4x4 won't start at the moment, I took it to Queensland 4x4 to ask about the overboost going off if I tried to over take someone at 100kp/h and he ended up tac welding the valve shut. Now it won't start. Im selling it for $1500 because I've already spent to much money on it. The turbo conversion along was $4200. If you interested then let me know

NissanGQ4.2
9th November 2012, 08:33 PM
Hi mate, have moved your thread into the correct section of the forum, any pics o fit you could upload???

As for it not starting after a workshop has worked on it, wouldn't it be there responsibility to get it going again?

Cheers

Todd

jesse1990
10th November 2012, 08:20 AM
Not sure how to upload pics from my phone

NissanGQ4.2
10th November 2012, 03:20 PM
Not sure how to upload pics from my phone

Can't help you with that one, can you email them instead and I will post them up for you????

jesse1990
13th November 2012, 06:42 AM
Yeh mate I can do that. What is your email.

Rustyboner81
13th November 2012, 07:10 AM
That sounds like a sweet deal. Good luck with a buyer

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

NissanGQ4.2
13th November 2012, 08:57 AM
Yeh mate I can do that. What is your email.

nissangq4.2@internode.on.net

Sir Roofy
13th November 2012, 12:01 PM
nissangq4.2@internode.on.net

didnt work for me todd

wildgu6
13th November 2012, 12:57 PM
Try .com not .on lol

Tappn the App Beers on Tap

jesse1990
14th November 2012, 01:00 PM
I sent you 2 pics mate.

NissanGQ4.2
14th November 2012, 03:45 PM
didnt work for me todd

Must be something at your end Roofy, I just sent an email from the link to my other email addy and it worked fine

Try .com not .on lol

No Pete, its .on.net not com

I sent you 2 pics mate.

Have not received anything yet mate, maybe worth sending it again

Cheers

Toddie

MQ MAD
27th December 2012, 04:05 PM
Hey everyone, I'm selling my MQ. It currently doesn't start. The mods I have done are a CT 26 turbo standard 12 pound boost, new gearbox and transfer case, 12000 pound ridge rider winch with re-enforced steel plate, diesel pump rebuild, duel battery system, snorkel, it has the rear tailgate with spare tire and jerry can holder, side steps, spare 160 L tank underneath for diesel or water, airline's in the rear for airbags. The 4x4 won't start at the moment, I took it to Queensland 4x4 to ask about the overboost going off if I tried to over take someone at 100kp/h and he ended up tac welding the valve shut. Now it won't start. Im selling it for $1500 because I've already spent to much money on it. The turbo conversion along was $4200. If you interested then let me know

If its a minimal issue to get it running,i would fix it, once they dont run it could be many issues, then non test driving you cant check brakes,steering,CVs,the transfer works all that stuff
If you cant sell complete your best bet is to part it out, get your 1500, then scrap the rest
Hard as that sounds,once you over capatalise thats your best bet to recoup
Good luck with the sale
Do try to get running tho,itll sell quicker

MQ MAD
27th December 2012, 04:09 PM
As for it not starting after a workshop has worked on it, wouldn't it be there responsibility to get it going again?

Cheers

Todd
If it went in running,i certainly wouldnt pay the bill if it came back not running
Maybe if its over boosting it could have done some rather costly damage, hence maybe,and i dont know the full story,thats why it doesnt run
These old SD motors are good , but the rebuild costs scare alot of people,rebuild kits parts alone are around a grand

jesse1990
31st December 2012, 09:41 PM
After I got the turbo put on it worked. I was after I took it to QLD 4x4 and they tac welded the over boost valve shut that's when it stopped working. But that's not to say it was there fault.

KL570
12th May 2013, 07:32 AM
still for sale mate?

Finly Owner
25th January 2019, 07:30 PM
If it went in running,i certainly wouldnt pay the bill if it came back not running
Maybe if its over boosting it could have done some rather costly damage, hence maybe,and i dont know the full story,thats why it doesnt run
These old SD motors are good , but the rebuild costs scare alot of people,rebuild kits parts alone are around a grand
Note to all who believes they can turbo a SD33 motor and get away with no oilers. You need to understand automative engineering to realise lubrication is essential! Lock that boost in, and then you get to pull tor apart. Sorry. I used to put this warning up. SD33 motors re not buit the same as the 4.2!

rusty_nail
25th January 2019, 07:56 PM
Note to all who believes they can turbo a SD33 motor and get away with no oilers. You need to understand automative engineering to realise lubrication is essential! Lock that boost in, and then you get to pull tor apart. Sorry. I used to put this warning up. SD33 motors re not buit the same as the 4.2!

NICE thread dig mate haha!