PDA

View Full Version : Are you in a 4WD Club

AB
8th November 2012, 07:58 PM
Hi All,

Would love to get some statistics of our members to find out if you are involved in a 4WD club or not.

Even if you don't post much on here I would appreciate it if you can just press yes or no above so we can see some statistics of how many of us are actually registered in a 4wd club or not.

Appreciate the effort as always!

Winnie
8th November 2012, 08:02 PM
I'm not but wouldn't mind being in one, don't think there are any local to me though?

threedogs
8th November 2012, 08:04 PM
Yes and proud of it, met some of the best people ever, plus no more bad habits,
taught to 4x4 the correct way and how to use equipment correctly JUst shy of 10 years with this club

the evil twin
8th November 2012, 08:04 PM
Yep... close enough anyway... the objectives of the Western Patrol Club are to "promote Nissan Patrol (incl safari's and Mav's) Owners" and we do heaps of activities and trips orientated around responsible fun and reducing the, dare I say, stigma Joe Public seems to attach to 4 by's.

Awesome bunch of people if I do say so myself and as an example of what I am getting at... over 10 of our vehicles and a heap of members and guests just returned from acting as recovery and support crews in the Kickstarters Gascoyne Dash Offroad Race and enjoyed a few days camping, fishing and 4WD fun either before or after.

stevogq
8th November 2012, 08:06 PM
nissanpatrol.com.au car club??? is it possible?

Lonicus
8th November 2012, 08:07 PM
Not yet, as we won't be in this area for too much longer and have only had the Patrol for a few weeks, but will definitely be looking to join one once we've resettled.

hekarewe
8th November 2012, 08:11 PM
yeppers in the river city club in brisvagus at the moment when i was in sydney i was in the "off the black 4wd club" both clubs great bunch of guys n gals

AB
8th November 2012, 08:13 PM
Don't forget to press YES or NO at the top of this page too gents....Cheers for the feedback so far!!!!

Maxhead
8th November 2012, 08:22 PM
NO for me currently . on one hand I hear they are great and on the other I hear there is too much BS and politics involved.

megatexture
8th November 2012, 08:33 PM
X2 on that nisshead

MEGOMONSTER
8th November 2012, 08:42 PM
No, I am not part of any 4wd club, just a society.

oncedisturbed
8th November 2012, 08:49 PM
nope,seen a lot of things go pear shaped in clubs - "crews" are easier :)

Hek, you would be wheeling with "Troopie"?

BigRAWesty
8th November 2012, 08:49 PM
Yes from me.. Just joined, but been invoked for the last 3 years doing the occasional trip..
I find it a great way to get out and enjoy Australia. And out small town club is great. Met some brilliant people..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

twisty
8th November 2012, 08:51 PM
Yes and proud of it ...

Same. Southern Tablelands 4WD club 4 me. voted.

Chris79
8th November 2012, 08:53 PM
Used to be, found my self in the wrong club so gave it up.
Ended up more successful for me with a club style group based on the forums.

pearcey
8th November 2012, 09:12 PM
Been a member of the same club 20 years. Have enjoyed every moment, and yes there are good time and bad and the politics do cause a few head aces. I joined so I would be able to go to places that other members had access to IE private properties and to a lot of places I would not find on my own. As a lot of our members are past the 40 mark there is an extensive amount of knowedge to be had not only about 4WDing but life its self. We have a wide variety of trips ranging from a night out to 2 to 3 months at a time. We also have guest speakers such as police road accident unit police underwater unit the RAA, RFDS, VKS radio, ST Johns, and numerous trade and tour people. Clubs are not everybody's cup of tea but remember with out clubs you would be a lot more restriced in your actives as when clubs join together they can form a large lobby group to help our past time

jack
8th November 2012, 09:16 PM
Pressed No but in the process of joining, need to find my capabilities and some training. I know the Patrol is way beyond my capabilities at the moment - but that will change.

Clunk
8th November 2012, 09:27 PM
Another member of the Western Patrol Club......... and yes ET is just as chatty there!!!!!!!! Lol

Top folk, with some great knowledge..... that's why I joined, so I could learn not to do silly things when out and about.

BillsGU
8th November 2012, 09:37 PM
Been a member of the same club 20 years. Have enjoyed every moment, and yes there are good time and bad and the politics do cause a few head aces. I joined so I would be able to go to places that other members had access to IE private properties and to a lot of places I would not find on my own. As a lot of our members are past the 40 mark there is an extensive amount of knowedge to be had not only about 4WDing but life its self. We have a wide variety of trips ranging from a night out to 2 to 3 months at a time. We also have guest speakers such as police road accident unit police underwater unit the RAA, RFDS, VKS radio, ST Johns, and numerous trade and tour people. Clubs are not everybody's cup of tea but remember with out clubs you would be a lot more restriced in your actives as when clubs join together they can form a large lobby group to help our past time

Well said Pearcey. After 15 years in a 4WD Club I feel exactly the same as you do. Sounds like our clubs operate on similar lines. Those of you that have had bad experiences with clubs - there are a lot of clubs out there. Look around for one that suits. If it wasn't for clubs and their affiliated state and Australia wide organisations, I'm sure OUR 4 wheel driving would be a lot more restricted. They constantly talk to state and federal pollies and other concerned organisation (such as parks in whatever state) and put forward our case. Strength in numbers and good, organised representation count for something.

daggy
8th November 2012, 09:47 PM
I'm with Hek at River City. Pretty casual bunch of people and easy to get along with. Small club, always on the lookout for new members. You can try before you buy. Meetings 2nd Wednesday of each month at 4WD Qld Hall, Murial Ave, Moorooka from 7.30pm.

MudRunnerTD
8th November 2012, 09:56 PM
10 Year member of the Geelong 4wd Club. Been on the Committee for 6 years. I am currently the Public Relations Officer / Regional Rep and sit on the Regional Committee with other local clubs, the DSE and Parks Vic to help manage a cooperative partnership in the Otways Forrest Park and National Park network.

I joined a club after going out with the father-in-law and getting in some difficulties and realised i knew Nothing! My wife bought me a family membership for christmas. Never looked back.

What a great place to bring up a family. G4WDC has over 120 members and is a strong club. Santa will give presents to more than 70 kids this year.

I have learned everything i know driving with guys in my club, building and fixing cars together. Its been a very big and expensive 10 year journey!!! Would not take a minute back

AB
8th November 2012, 09:58 PM
Great replies from all sides but please make sure you press the YES or NO's above...LMAO

MEGOMONSTER
8th November 2012, 10:03 PM
Great replies from all sides but please make sure you press the YES or NO's above...LMAO

Gotta get tapatalk to link the polls somehow.

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

Bloggsy
8th November 2012, 10:06 PM
Another Western Patrol Clubber here.

choppie
8th November 2012, 10:07 PM
It's a no from me, only because I haven't had time in the past but that's changing.

dads tractor
8th November 2012, 10:13 PM
No vote i prefer to wheel with mates or my sons i dont need 40 channels rules driver certs and politics in my life .In defence of clubs yes there are great people involved ,bulk buying discounts ,knowlege and know how ,access to areas un available to the public but the bottom line is i choose who goes with me or who i go with sorry .

Trolatron
9th November 2012, 11:31 PM
Yes for me, I'm in the Braddon 4WD Club its in the NW of Tassie though a lot of the trips I go on are organized threw the local boys on facebook.

Ian Carruthers
10th November 2012, 12:29 AM
Joined the Landrover & off road Inthusiasts club about 25 years ago - It's since changed it's name to the "4x4 club of Zimbabwe" We have both a web site & a site on facebook. Google it and feel free to take a look, our editor is fantastic many interesting articles there & you'll get a feel of what we get up to in Zim. Several of our members are binning their landrover boneshakers & opting for the coil sprung Nissans & range rovers - Gentler on the occupants chassis.
rgds IC

threedogs
10th November 2012, 08:05 AM
To the ones who havn't joined as its too political and too much BS , look around a bit more. some clubs are just about 4x4ing.
Clubs are responsible for anyone on their trips in case of an accident insurance etc. they too have a code of conduct like here.. good discounts are available to club members as well
to be honest you'd be a fool not to join thinking you know it all. As all you're doing is passing your bad habits onto the next person you take. AND that is an accident waiting to happen.
See it with Newbies at clubs all the time. Bad habits are hard to break but easy to pass onto someone who is new to all this. dont injure or kill someone because of yoyr stupidity.
Atleast do some type of driver awareness or recovery course.

Maxhead
10th November 2012, 08:17 AM
To the ones who havn't joined as its too political and too much BS , look around a bit more. some clubs are just about 4x4ing.
Clubs are responsible for anyone on their trips in case of an accident insurance etc. they too have a code of conduct like here.. good discounts are available to club members as well
to be honest you'd be a fool not to join thinking you know it all. As all you're doing is passing your bad habits onto the next person you take. AND that is an accident waiting to happen.
See it with Newbies at clubs all the time. Bad habits are hard to break but easy to pass onto someone who is new to all this. dont injure or kill someone because of yoyr stupidity.
Atleast do some type of driver awareness or recovery course.

Sorry 3D but comments like yours would be one reason for me not to join a club. Being called a fool and stupid is a good reason many wont join types like yourself!

threedogs
10th November 2012, 08:23 AM
You may have taken it the wrong way, don't think your taking it the way I have meant it. Joining a club allows access to most closed tracks yo have a say in the 4x4 scene. I 'm not saying you or any ony else are fools or stupid. ,Could have worded it better in hindsight my apologises for that, have you done any 4x4 course? be it recovery ,advanced courses whatever,

Maxhead
10th November 2012, 08:29 AM
I haven't done any 4x4 courses at all and I am sure I could learn lots from clubs as I am more an amateur than experienced off road driver. But to be told I'm a fool for not being in a club would make me stay away even more. A different approach could have worked a lot better. no offence taken mate.

threedogs
10th November 2012, 08:40 AM
Yeah my bad on choice of words. but I have seen ppl come to my club thinking they know it all and end up Glancing a tree from going too fast ,wrong line and NOT listening. But enough said, My bad again will choose words better next time. It's to me like the guys who drive with fishing rod holders on bullbars. HOW are we to get a good name????
Hope you sort of get my point.I have thousands of stories from mistakes. 100% agree some clubs are full of very weird people, mine included but all in all a great club, you just need to pick your trip

growler2058
10th November 2012, 08:41 AM
I haven't done any 4x4 courses at all and I am sure I could learn lots from clubs as I am more an amateur than experienced off road driver. But to be told I'm a fool for not being in a club would make me stay away even more. A different approach could have worked a lot better. no offence taken mate.

No sh1t!! HAHAHAHAHAHAa
Point n steer same here
Throttle down, hold on tight, hope for the best, expect the worse and take what comes hahahahahahahaha

threedogs
10th November 2012, 09:00 AM
Not actually promoting safe driving techniques. but each to here own, different strokes. seems forum is only for helping fix 4x4 not driver ed

Sir Roofy
10th November 2012, 09:13 AM
Not actually promoting safe driving techniques. but each to here own, different strokes. seems forum is only for helping fix 4x4 not driver ed

driver ed comes at meet ups always willing to help a beginner mate
that goes for every one that comes along and this is after all a forum
for nissan patrol .com.au

P4trol
10th November 2012, 09:42 AM
Clubs are a great way to encourage good habits and attitudes re environmental and 4wd practices.

I don't think any club I have been to hasn't had politics and strong personalities that come out once you join, or attend longer than three events. Sometimes this is a deal breaker. Other times there are people that aren't affected by politics, and you can use them to be a bit sheltered from it.

Tipsy-tap

threedogs
10th November 2012, 10:42 AM
I also found some clubs are to an extent a boys clubs, but each to there own I 've heard Runners is a ripper, family days ,hard core , easy beginner days and touring.
plus teaching how to do this safely not jusy plant the foot and steer. thats my 2c worth bye

taslucas
10th November 2012, 11:06 AM
No club for me. Got a great group of mates that own fourbys. Theres always someone keen on a drive. We just get together and go... no planing, no need to plan the trip to keep everyone happy, no meetings, no membership. Even get a heap of the guys up home to my tracks regularily.
I have attended a 4wd comp, run by one of the local clubs and it was great fun:)

And NO it doesnt mean i dont know anything about 4wding threedogs. Or that im stupid! lol (no offence taken though mate)

Its not as hard to get access to places here so dont really need a club for that.

threedogs
10th November 2012, 01:56 PM
Mainly trying to say there should be a National standard Aust wide, not Some cowboy that comes along can do a few donuts to impress his mates then take off up a hill flat stick.'
to me thats not 4x4ing and his mates will follow him thinking thats the norm. thats my point. get taught from someone accredited. with that knowledge you can pass on correct information
then the info you pass on is safe not this cowboy style crap that'll get all track's closed from stupid driving techniques or someone seriously injured.. very rarely hear any tread lightly except from Simon on 4WDtv, time will tell tracks are closing all the time because of fools and idiots. if you see them report them. or you'll only be showing your grand kids photos . NOT callling anyone. here a fool or idiot
But for the sake of your wife and kids do a 4x4 driving course, make sure your wife knows hows to drive as well, hill stall starts the lot .even your eldest even if he has not licence this is an emergency. How you going to get home if something provents you from driving home,need someone who know how to do if properly and safely be it the Simmo or High country.. And help stamp out these cowboys.

taslucas
10th November 2012, 02:09 PM
I know youre not calling anyone here a fool or an idiot but you keep infering that anyone that doesnt do a 4x4 course or is not a member of a club is a cowboy (doing donuts to impress his mates and taking off flat stick). I think theres quite a few members that may be taking offence mate. Lets keep it positive:)

Theres a fairly highly regarded club around these parts with more than a few members that fall into the "cowboy" category. Not all clubs have a well structured safety agenda.

DX grunt
10th November 2012, 02:42 PM
seems forum is only for helping fix 4x4 not driver ed

I disagree, 3D.

If only ONE person, I say again, ONE person, has learnt from THIS forum that snatch straps on tow balls, used for recoveries, are dangerous and can kill people and damage property, we have helped save them or somebody's son, daughter, mate, boy friend, girlfriend, cousin, uncle, auntie, neighbour, lurker, visitor or total stranger, from a lot of grief, or death.

Sometimes many of us take things for granted or think we know how to do stuff. Given a different perspective, may change our thoughts or ideas on the subject.

Safety with shortcuts, sucks!

If in doubt, seek professional advice and do your training through a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)

Training gives you the foundations. You then need life's experiences and skills to build on that foundational training

BTW, I'm a rural, country member in the www.westernpatrolclub.com

I don't get to many outings, but it's forums like this that keeps me in touch with the 'outside world'

Imagine putting up with Clunk or Dogman nearly every weekend? Not happening!!! PML. hahahaha

Take care out there.

Rossco

threedogs
10th November 2012, 02:54 PM
Defininetly not calling anyone one here any names whats so ever more to push the safety point and cant see it if no one in a club.
True some of the better drivers I know dont belong to clubs but bad habits creap in in . and again not calling anyony here names of any kind
Just looks like the polls show either not interested, dont have time or some other reason. I'll just sit back now and read what others have to say as some is very interesting to say the least'
this is not aimed at anyone one this forum.
Maybe, stirring pot to get some reaction ,Seems to be working can always PM if you have real concerns,

Lonicus
10th November 2012, 04:03 PM
I'm about as noob as they come where 4X4 is concerned.

I've had Patrols in the past but I only ever used them to tow my boats up and down the east coast. I think the only time I ever got into 4 wheel drive was to negotiate slippery ramps and camp sites. Sacrilege, I know!! :)

I found this forum a day after I ordered my new Patrol, a couple of months ago, and haven't stopped learning since.

I don't plan to go all out 4X4ing like a lot of the guys here are into. Just had my right hip replaced, for the 5th time and my wife had a multi level spinal fusion last year, so neither of us are up to the rigours of bush bashing. We are, however, looking to spend a lot of time on the sand when we move up north and for that reason I'm thankful to this site and it's members for the little I've learnt so far.

I'll be finding good courses to go on once I'm resettled, such as sand driving, recovery etc. before I even look like getting the tyres sandy, and then a local 4X4 club.

Every club has it's idiots, be it 4X4, fishing, extreme needlework, whatever. However, if you go in armed with the basic knowledge of what sounds right and what doesn't you can weed out the dropkicks pretty quickly and buddy up to people who want to have fun and be safe at the same time.

Clunk
10th November 2012, 04:09 PM
I disagree, 3D.

Imagine putting up with Clunk or Dogman nearly every weekend? Not happening!!! PML. hahahaha

Take care out there.

Rossco

What you talkin bout Willis?????!!!!!!! Hahahaha

Each to their own I say, we have joined or not joined clubs for various reasons.......... My first few experiences were out with mates, who have never and will never joined a club but have also shown that they're some of the most responsible blokes I know when it comes to wheeling. Definitely not idiots or cowboys.
Don't see the point in stirring the pot....... It is after all, only a poll.

Well unless the boss man is bein cunning in his ways to stir up some discussion ;)
Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

MudRunnerTD
10th November 2012, 05:05 PM
Hi All,

Would love to get some statistics of our members to find out if you are involved in a 4WD club or not.

Even if you don't post much on here I would appreciate it if you can just press yes or no above so we can see some statistics of how many of us are actually registered in a 4wd club or not.

Appreciate the effort as always!

Hey guys although this discussion is very worthwhile and as a general discussion about the pros and cons of being a member of a 4wd club what AB was after is actually some statistical information about how many club members also belong to this forum.

The agenda for this information is as follows. I am concerned about ABs legal exposure and that of anyone leading a trip at a forum meetup if ever an accident or injury happened. God forbid.

I am interested to know how many guys here are members of clubs that are also therefore members of their state Four Wheel Drive Association and have coverage under their Public Liability Insurance. This is Very Important.

I would like to get this thread back on track pleas and maybe should have declared the purpose earlier.

I will be investigating our exposure in the coming week. I have representation at Four wheel Drive Vic and want to discuss with them any options we may have or need to consider.

I'd really appreciate it if we could concentrate on the poll and get some real numbers please

Cheers Darren

BillsGU
11th November 2012, 12:47 PM
Darren - not all clubs are are affilliated with state organisations. Your stats may be a bit skewed in this case.

threedogs
11th November 2012, 02:48 PM
As Mud runners states who ever has organised the vis meet up is responible for everyone who attends. so If an accident occorrurs god forbid id doesn't who's gunna pay. Ab for putting the hread, Winnie for saying he'll take caharge, bit more in it than say as=saying lets meet at so an so , IMO dont think it was hought through enough as MR knows lots of rules and other BS thats needs to be followed filled in etc, who's gunna put hand up and say I;ll organise it and if something goes pearshaped god forbid it doesn't who's paying for vechicle repairs and hospital bills....... just something to think about, you organise it you are liable

growler2058
11th November 2012, 02:58 PM
Noones organised it, it was a suggestion on a public forum to go out for a weekend 4wding and camping on public land. No one pays money for the meetup the only way is if fletch poisons the others who paid him for a cook up. Otherwise the whole world would be liable for anything, sorry i find the above ridiculous

EDIT: And if thats another issue with "clubs" all the more reason to never join

Maxhead
11th November 2012, 03:06 PM
Heaven forbid going for a drive with a few mates .

This is a public forum and people post meetings, get together, workshops, walks on the beach, etc all the time but this does not constitute anyone liable IMO. I'm not clued up on this but how far do we go!!!! If I text a few mates on the phone to say I'm going for a 4WD and they show up and have an accident...am I then liable? don't think so. Same as making a phone call, sending and email, facebook, etc. It is just another means of communication.

EDIT: Also Dazz, I think there has been a lot of chatter but mostly everyone is voting so hopefully you should get some decent numbers.

macca
11th November 2012, 03:40 PM
As a club member I dont think our Club Public Liability insurance covers me on a non club outing.
All club outings are minuted and if it is organised before the next meeting the exec is informed and is minuted at the following meeting.
We also sign on to the trip register befor heading off from the meeting point, if it turns to custard we are covered.
We have 40 members, about 25 turn up to a meeting and most of the time is trip talk; past, next, future and possible.
Piss taking is the norm and we have a golden knob award, meetings are a grin, sure there is business that has to be taken care of but I really enjoy our club and the people in it.
We also have a lady member who is a great person and doesnt mind having a go either.
Maybe I'm lucky but I didn't find out what it was really like untill I joined.

Winnie
11th November 2012, 03:41 PM
Geez, is this the kind of political BS talked about? If you do damage to your own car, you pay to fix it. If you do damage to somebody else's car, you pay to fix it. Simple as that.

MudRunnerTD
11th November 2012, 03:46 PM
Noones organised it, it was a suggestion on a public forum to go out for a weekend 4wding and camping on public land. No one pays money for the meetup the only way is if fletch poisons the others who paid him for a cook up. Otherwise the whole world would be liable for anything, sorry i find the above ridiculous

EDIT: And if thats another issue with "clubs" all the more reason to never join

Hey growls I share your disappointment at the rediculous nature of some humans, But, the above is not only accurate but the legal precedents exist and the legal liability rests with AB as the Administrator of the forum AND the person that leads Any drive in convoy. Regardless. Friendships aside, if someone came on a drive which was being lead by another and rolled their $60,000 car off the side of a hill and broke their neck and was a quadrapedgic them friendships would stand for nothing and the guy at the front of the convoy is legally exposed. Then the chain reaction occurs and the guy that owns the Forum Meetup is the end game!

The precedents that are in place have seen a guy loose his House and Life savings and bank rusted the club he was involved in. Due to this precedent the national group of 4wd Associations were forced to find a insurance "group buy" that would cover every club member affiliated from this exposure.

This might be as simply as signing a disclaimer at the start of the meet up? I hope so. But this is Not a Guessing Game. We need to sort this out so ol' mate AB can grow old here with us.

Maxhead
11th November 2012, 04:03 PM
Has anyone actually looked at the legalities of this and has any concrete proof. I remember a while ago we looked into it and I thought the outcome was a public forum is just that, a chat room, no ramifications of any legal action. A registered club is a different story.
I think leave the speculation and look into it properly, and for what its worth I think that is all rubbish. Just my opinion but I'm sticking to it...lolol,

How would this effect if a few mates go on a trip and something happens.....no forum, no facebook, no tweeter, no text just a few mates at the pub and one person made the call of saying" ok blokes we are going to hight country" Lets say one of the mates has an acca....who is liable??

growler2058
11th November 2012, 04:10 PM
Well frok me I'm never ever ever going to make a suggestion that anyone come for a wheel ever again. I better not give any advice on a forum either in case the person receiving the info froks up their car or it falls off the jACK and squashes their head and its discovered i told them how to

threedogs
11th November 2012, 04:10 PM
Totally agree Growler But its all about OH&S now, horse riding is a good eg I'd love to go but now prices are too high to make it possible
Cant sign a waver saying that school is exempt should you fall off and break your arm., You probably sign something at Loveday as their insurance would be through the roof. It's all BS and totally agree but its the sign of the times. I don't agree but thought I would mention it. might be same at Cod classic its all about sueing someone. sure have the meet up nothing will happen and all will have a good time. But the law is there for for someone to sue. enough said, bye

Can put you onto someone if anyone wishes tofind out more, it would be on net and way.
any club would have it in their by laws etc

Maxhead
11th November 2012, 04:13 PM
I think we better shut this forum down Andy, you might be responsible for my RSI from all the typing on this forum;)

MudRunnerTD
11th November 2012, 04:17 PM
At this stage Chris I am trying t control the can of worms mate. The precendent mentioned above happened in Victoria a few years ago and the precedent stands.

Noted above that the club insurance doesn't cover that member unless on a gazetted Club trip. This poll is hoping to give us some indication of the number of members that may already have that insurance as you only need it Once regardless of how many clubs you are a member of ;) if the exposure is real then let us sort that out. Trying to figure out who already has that insurance may well give us some strength to take to the Association about hooking into that insurance.

Lets get the numbers and see if there is enough already members. It may be for naught but I am certainly suggesting to AB that he get some written a legal Advice on this and hopefully a mandatory generic disclaimer that can be signed by all members at the start of the meetup.

growler2058
11th November 2012, 04:20 PM
Yeah ya do sign a waiver at Loveday, however you also pay a fee to a business and on private property. Not a few mates going for a wheel on crown land.Disclaimer: but i didnt say or type that

Maxhead
11th November 2012, 04:25 PM
I pay my insurance every year so I can go on trips and not worry about where I am, who I am with or what happens.

threedogs
11th November 2012, 04:26 PM
Think enough said , just go and enjoy

90mav
11th January 2013, 08:10 AM
Im just happy to get out there with a few choice mates and hit the bush, not to drag out all the drunken idiots I have seen in some clubs. Not convinced that a club will make it a better experience...

Bloodyaussie
11th January 2013, 09:10 AM
Ok so anyone sues me for arranging a meet up between friends can talk to my 30/06........... if you sue because you feel you are owed for your own decisions to risk take then you are a low life scum...

If you are not strong enough mentally to say I feel this is too dangerous and I will give it a miss then you should be at home doing something completely safe.

Motorcycle racing is dangerous and all that participate are aware of it and know the risk... even the spectators are made aware!!!

Drewboyaus
11th January 2013, 10:03 AM
I'm a no but would certainly like to.....most of my 4wding mates are Rangie Club members and I was going to join them BUT the location of the meetings is not particularly convenient as seems to be the case with many of the clubs in Melbourne.....I looked into the Nissan Club too and they meet down in the SE suburbs which is just not workable either.
For those in the NW suburbs of Melbourne, which clubs are you members of?
With three kids, a wife that works and a pretty full on job myself, I simply don't have the time to travel via the cape to get to meetings.

threedogs
11th January 2013, 11:10 AM
I'm not far from you drewboyaus other than melton, mud rhino, or geelong there is nothing, I'm TLCCV

Sir Roofy
11th January 2013, 11:20 AM
i pay my insurance every year so i can go on trips and not worry about where i am, who i am with or what happens.

x 2 do the same

93patrol
12th January 2013, 01:45 AM
i voted yes because i am in the process of joining western patrol club with clunky and those boys, in all honesty i don t know how often i ll get to go out with them but its just nice to be able to meet up with some like minded crew sink a few beers and shoot the sh!t, i am not into politics i am into fun and if people start sh!t i ll vote with my feet.. i want fun not headaches

Drewboyaus
12th January 2013, 09:46 PM
Cheers 3D, I've decided to go with the Nissan club and see what they're like....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clunk
13th January 2013, 01:10 AM
i voted yes because i am in the process of joining western patrol club with clunky and those boys, in all honesty i don t know how often i ll get to go out with them but its just nice to be able to meet up with some like minded crew sink a few beers and shoot the sh!t, i am not into politics i am into fun and if people start sh!t i ll vote with my feet.. i want fun not headaches

to be honest, i don't get out on club trips much, just because of other commitments but I do manage to get to most of the general meetings. They're a good bunch of folk, very knowledgeable and when I do manage to get out on trips, have a bloody good time, with the knowledge that if something happens, then someone will be there to help.

DX grunt
13th January 2013, 06:56 AM
to be honest, i don't get out on club trips much, just because of other commitments but I do manage to get to most of the general meetings. They're a good bunch of folk, very knowledgeable and when I do manage to get out on trips, have a bloody good time, with the knowledge that if something happens, then someone will be there to help.

I agree.

I try to get to the AGM's once a year, but that doesn't always happen. lol

Woof
13th January 2013, 05:56 PM
I agree.

I try to get to the AGM's once a year, but that doesn't always happen. lol

Hey Ross, we only have ONE AGM each year mate..lol
Having been a member of the Western Patrol Club for nearly 4 years and been on the Committee for nearly 2 of them, I find that there is a lot of politics behind the scenes but the committee tries to keep it there.
Without joining my club I would not have learnt so much and met so many great people, including Ross and Clunky??????????
It is sort of like this forum, we all join because we have one thing in common but before long we realise that is not true.............we have lots in common with different members and even though we may never get to meet them face to face we still call them friends.

93patrol
13th January 2013, 07:50 PM
don't get me wrong i am not looking for anything other than meeting some good people and getting out and about and learning new tricks and roads as most of my driving has been sand/dune/beach driving so iam keen to try other areas of 4wding.

and i look forward to meeting all you guys especially Clunky (haha)

hekarewe
13th January 2013, 07:55 PM
River city 4wd clyd inc membership drive QLD

the rivercity 4wd club brisbane is having a memebership drive at Janowen hills on the weekend of the 16/17 febuary 2013. as mentioned this is a membership drive so all are welcome to come along and see what we are about and meet the members.

also on this weekend we are hoping to get a couple of 4wd industry guests to do their thing as and join in the fun with us so if your interested let me know so i can inform the organisers on numbers expected

Pm for more details come along have some fun there is no preasure to join just enjoy

Clunk
13th January 2013, 10:56 PM
and i look forward to meeting all you guys especially Clunky (haha)

Why, what do you know that dont??????? Hahahaha

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Bigcol
14th January 2013, 01:38 AM
I too am a member of Western Patrol Club,

when I can get out on trips, I have always enjoyed it, and the people and hope to do so for many long years to come
true, clubs are not always for everyone, but I joined as it was years since I had tested my limited knowledge and abilities off road, and I wanted to learn in a friendly honest environment
I have met some of the nicest and most helpful people without even looking for them

meh, Im biased

cheers

Kast
24th January 2013, 01:27 AM
Top idea this poll of yours AB (yes I did vote!).

We're in the 4wd club of WA, good bunch of people, non make specific. It's the knowledge, humour or willingness of the members that makes every club worth while, even to us newbies.

Watchdog
27th March 2013, 01:38 AM
im not a member, but have thought about it to meet more people, is it worthit?

Drewboyaus
27th March 2013, 08:23 AM
im not a member, but have thought about it to meet more people, is it worthit?

Yes. If for nothing more than the driver training.......

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

rusty_nail
27th March 2013, 08:56 AM
not in a 4x4 club, i am however part of a church, the church of patrolology lol

NP99
27th March 2013, 09:46 AM
Does the ADF count as a 4WD club?

P4trol
2nd April 2013, 11:13 PM
No, because the head honcho gets chauffeured in a sedan.

They get paid to 4wd. That makes it a business.

GQ TANK
3rd April 2013, 06:50 PM
Melton & District 4wd club = MAD 4WD club

Barndillo
30th November 2013, 02:17 PM
Clubs can be good, but more often than not they're run by people who think they are more important than what they are, or members expect everything to be served up on a plate for them...

Clunk
30th November 2013, 02:19 PM
Clubs can be good, but more often than not they're run by people who think they are more important than what they are, or members expect everything to be served up on a plate for them...

Wow that's quite a statement you've made. Can I ask where and how many clubs you've attended??

P4trol
30th November 2013, 02:46 PM
That statement is not 4wd club specific. All clubs can potentially have this problem.

Clunk
30th November 2013, 02:50 PM
That statement is not 4wd club specific. All clubs can potentially have this problem.

Well its in the "Are you in a 4wd club" thread, so you would automatically assume that it would be 4wd club specific

Edit: Ohhhhh hang on, now I get your meaning, ignore me I'm going back to bed lol