PDA

View Full Version : First daft question

fracster
8th November 2012, 07:05 AM
1999 GR 2.8.

What is the lower plastic tank for under the radiator expansion tank, right hand side as you look at the engine bay?

Is it a secondary tank or is it for something else. It is the one with a yellow screw top if that makes the question easier.

Thanks.

Sir Roofy
8th November 2012, 07:50 AM
Secondary tank that never seems to get any higher than minium or lower

boosh
8th November 2012, 08:01 AM
Yeh I only noticed that in mine last week... It was bone dry so I filled it up. By the end of the day it was near empty... weird

Bigrig
8th November 2012, 08:47 AM
The top one is the pressure/fluid reservoir, and the one in front/underneath of that is the overflow itself ... if we're talking of a 3.0ltr. That's the one you top up ... the pressure cap is on the main fluid reservoir, and only overflows into the little one if the heat/pressure builds up beyond 13-16lb (I think .. from memory).

Others with a 3ltr will be able to offer more information no doubt.

choppie
8th November 2012, 09:11 AM
The top one is the pressure/fluid reservoir, and the one in front/underneath of that is the overflow itself ... if we're talking of a 3.0ltr. That's the one you top up ... the pressure cap is on the main fluid reservoir, and only overflows into the little one if the heat/pressure builds up beyond 13-16lb (I think .. from memory).

Others with a 3ltr will be able to offer more information no doubt.

On the money Scotty, not sure about pressures but.

fracster
8th November 2012, 01:05 PM
Cheers guys. Thought it was, but needed some confirmation from more experienced people.