PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Timer/Boost Gauge/EGT Gauge

Rayza
7th November 2012, 08:19 AM
Hi all,

Hope this is the right place to post this...

Any way, im looking at a couple of gauges so i can better monitor what is going on under the hood when im out and about and i just wanted to get some opinions and ask what everyone else has (or even if i should bother)

Im looking at in particular...

- Oil pressure
- EGT gauge
- boost gauge

later on ill most likely put in a duel battery system so an amp meter in the tray will prob follow.

ive been hunting around on the net and found that GReddy have just come out with a pretty flash digital gauge that has all of the above and some (and conveniently comes in a single housing/multi gauge setup)

heres a link to the page if anyone is interested in something similar

http://www.greddy.com/products/electronics/multi-da/
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/greddy-multi-gauge-turbo-gauge-p-156892.html

Just not too sure whether its worth the $450+ price...

Let me know your thoughts:biggrin:

kevin07
7th November 2012, 10:10 AM
get a egt gauge and have a look at the ultragauge im sure that will impress you

Rayza
7th November 2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks. Had a look at ultragauge. Looks impressive. Thanks for the feedback

Rip'n'Shred
13th November 2012, 08:48 AM
Here's mine. Autron gauges, pillar pod. They are EGT/boost/temp in one gauge, oil pressure/water temp/fridge temp in the other gauge.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t28/Damfnq/GUIV%20Patrol/2012-06-06143202.jpg

dual battery management with both battery voltages and amp readout.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t28/Damfnq/GUIV%20Patrol/2012-06-06143133.jpg

No turbo timer yet

Hope that helps.

threedogs
13th November 2012, 09:29 AM
My guages are just Speco pillar pod from 4x4 concepts PM for contact
Reall is helpfull knowing whatsgoing on under the bonnet, best thing you can do IMO

billy_b**
13th November 2012, 12:05 PM
im running race tech bought for $208 delivered that was for boost and egt

Rayza
13th November 2012, 05:05 PM
thanks guys

@ threedogs. What is a pyrometer??

@ Rip'n'shread. are the pillar gauges hard to install? Yours look pretty good do they come with the housing or did you buy that separate?

kevin07
13th November 2012, 08:22 PM
thanks guys

@ threedogs. What is a pyrometer??

@ Rip'n'shread. are the pillar gauges hard to install? Yours look pretty good do they come with the housing or did you buy that separate?rayza buy the pillar pod and gauges undo your pillar and you will see its not hard 2 hard parts drilling and tapping egt (pyrometer) and boost,i tig welded my boost in.pillar pod is on ebay make sure you check your color

WYLD333
5th December 2012, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=Rayza;293442]thanks guys

@ threedogs. What is a pyrometer?? Is an exhaust temp gauge

@ Rip'n'shread. are the pillar gauges hard to install? Really easy mate wont take long at all

Yours look pretty good do they come with the housing or did you buy that separate? I got my pillar pod off ebay and the colour match your interior and was roughly $140 from memory

threedogs
5th December 2012, 06:08 PM
Dont know who to answer , Pyrometer basically an ETG, Pillar pod is an easy install IMO ,just remove the OMG handle slide your wires,tubes etc through. Another spot maybe next to centre console. Not that much room really, unless you could fab a 4 guage pod to sit on top of the dash. Good idea that Might try some fibreglassing. lol

WYLD333
5th December 2012, 06:29 PM
I was answering the other post mate lol no info required for me

MEGOMONSTER
6th December 2012, 05:59 AM
I too went for Autron gauges with boost/EGT in one gauge and dual volt gauge for dual batteries on the other.
As for turbo timer I went with ARB.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Adventurous
21st October 2013, 06:49 PM
I like the Greddy gauges, but over $400? Ouch!

Wang
12th January 2014, 03:18 PM
Like the look of the autron gauges on the pillar. Think that's the way I'm going not much room anywhere else.
Plus supporting an Aussie company

PMC
12th January 2014, 03:28 PM
Hi all,

Hope this is the right place to post this...

Any way, im looking at a couple of gauges so i can better monitor what is going on under the hood when im out and about and i just wanted to get some opinions and ask what everyone else has (or even if i should bother)

Im looking at in particular...

- Oil pressure
- EGT gauge
- boost gauge

later on ill most likely put in a duel battery system so an amp meter in the tray will prob follow.

ive been hunting around on the net and found that GReddy have just come out with a pretty flash digital gauge that has all of the above and some (and conveniently comes in a single housing/multi gauge setup)

heres a link to the page if anyone is interested in something similar

http://www.greddy.com/products/electronics/multi-da/
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/greddy-multi-gauge-turbo-gauge-p-156892.html

Just not too sure whether its worth the $450+ price...

Let me know your thoughts:biggrin:

G'day Rayza,

I recommend the Glowshift 3-in-one Diesel combination gauge. They cost $180.00 delivered from the US. The following is a bio on the gauge;

"GlowShift’s 3-in-1 Diesel Combination Gauge allows you to easily monitor your diesel trucks most vital engine functions, and is essential for any diesel vehicle that is driving long distances or hauling heavy loads. This 2 3/8th inch (60mm) diesel combo gauge features an analog boost pressure readout from 0 to 60PSI, blue digital exhaust gas temperature readout from 200 to 2200 degrees Fahrenheit, as well as giving you the option of monitoring your transmission, oil, or coolant temperature from 68 to 302 degrees Fahrenheit with a second blue digital readout. This diesel gauge boasts some incredible features that include stepper motor technology, 10 color through dial lighting, an easy to read illuminated red needle, as well as a magnified lens that allows you to clearly see all gauge readings. GlowShift’s 10 color through dial LED lighting system lets you easily cycle through 10 solid color modes, along with 2 color cycle modes, and for easier night driving the gauge can be dimmed 30% when connected to your factory headlight switch. With the included color memory recall feature you don’t need to worry about adjusting the color of your gauge face every time you turn your truck on. This 3-in-1 Diesel Combination Gauge includes an electronic boost sensor with 8 foot sensor wire, type k thermocouple EGT probe with 6 feet of steel braided cable and a 2 foot sensor wire, along with a 1/8th NPT electronic temperature sensor, with 8 foot sensor wire, that is used to monitor either your transmission, coolant, or oil temperature. The included 1 ½ foot power wire and all sensor wires feature modular connectors that easily snap into the back of the gauge giving you a completely secure connection. This diesel combination gauge can be mounted using the included dash pod or you can purchase GlowShift’s vehicle specific 3-in-1 A-pillar Gauge Pods and mount it directly to your trucks A-pillar for easier visibility. GlowShift stands behind all of its products by including free lifetime technical support and a one year limited warranty with every gauge purchase. - See more at: http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/3in1-Black-Face-Boost-EGT-and-Temp.aspx#sthash.2UpITgcu.dpuf"

PS, google the Glowshift website for further details!

Regards,

RLI

sooty_10
13th January 2014, 12:30 PM
To suggest an alternative there is also small rectangular gauges that can be used for nearly everything. Check out auberins.com

BigRAWesty
13th January 2014, 12:48 PM
G'day Rayza,

I recommend the Glowshift 3-in-one Diesel combination gauge. They cost $180.00 delivered from the US. The following is a bio on the gauge;

"GlowShift’s 3-in-1 Diesel Combination Gauge allows you to easily monitor your diesel trucks most vital engine functions, and is essential for any diesel vehicle that is driving long distances or hauling heavy loads. This 2 3/8th inch (60mm) diesel combo gauge features an analog boost pressure readout from 0 to 60PSI, blue digital exhaust gas temperature readout from 200 to 2200 degrees Fahrenheit, as well as giving you the option of monitoring your transmission, oil, or coolant temperature from 68 to 302 degrees Fahrenheit with a second blue digital readout. This diesel gauge boasts some incredible features that include stepper motor technology, 10 color through dial lighting, an easy to read illuminated red needle, as well as a magnified lens that allows you to clearly see all gauge readings. GlowShift’s 10 color through dial LED lighting system lets you easily cycle through 10 solid color modes, along with 2 color cycle modes, and for easier night driving the gauge can be dimmed 30% when connected to your factory headlight switch. With the included color memory recall feature you don’t need to worry about adjusting the color of your gauge face every time you turn your truck on. This 3-in-1 Diesel Combination Gauge includes an electronic boost sensor with 8 foot sensor wire, type k thermocouple EGT probe with 6 feet of steel braided cable and a 2 foot sensor wire, along with a 1/8th NPT electronic temperature sensor, with 8 foot sensor wire, that is used to monitor either your transmission, coolant, or oil temperature. The included 1 ½ foot power wire and all sensor wires feature modular connectors that easily snap into the back of the gauge giving you a completely secure connection. This diesel combination gauge can be mounted using the included dash pod or you can purchase GlowShift’s vehicle specific 3-in-1 A-pillar Gauge Pods and mount it directly to your trucks A-pillar for easier visibility. GlowShift stands behind all of its products by including free lifetime technical support and a one year limited warranty with every gauge purchase. - See more at: http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/3in1-Black-Face-Boost-EGT-and-Temp.aspx#sthash.2UpITgcu.dpuf"

PS, google the Glowshift website for further details!

Regards,

RLI

Hay mate. Do these have the option for Celsius?

Bigcol
13th January 2014, 02:24 PM
I have the Autron 3 in ones
Boost / EGT / Cabin Temp
Oil pressure / Water Temp / under Bonnet Temp
Battery 1 / Battery 2 / Amps draw

all in a pillar pod, I will have to get a pic next time I'm in the car.

cheers

PMC
20th January 2014, 05:08 PM
Hay mate. Do these have the option for Celsius?

G'day mate,

Yes they do, you just have to let Glowshift know what you want!

Regards,

RLI

Patrol-Guy
27th January 2014, 07:40 PM
Hey MEGOMONSTER,

I've read about both gauges but don't really understand why one is like $50 more than the other. So what is the difference and which one did you get?

https://autron.evolveshop.com.au/epages/autron.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/5353109392756724/Products/AI-052.27.010105/SubProducts/AI-052.27.010105-01

https://autron.evolveshop.com.au/epages/autron.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/5353109392756724/Products/AI-052.27.010130/SubProducts/AI-052.27.010130-01

threedogs
27th January 2014, 08:28 PM
Heres the link to Auberin Gauges
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5

d.n.blewitt
19th February 2014, 12:17 PM
These are triple gauges, there are two needles that monitor what is on the gauge and the have a third optional display reading.

One of the gauges has the option to monitor AMPS, with you choosing which of your two battery's you want to connect to.

The other gauge has the option to monitor pressure, again with you choosing what you want to connect to and monitor.

I could be wrong, but that's how I read it. I guess monitoring pressures is what makes it more expensive. I believe you also need to get the correct sensors for what you intend to monitor.

I'm curently deciding what gauges I intend to get for my ute and what options I want to customize each gauge with. I like what Bigcol has done with his.