PDA

View Full Version : Start inhibitor and reverse light wires

uted
13th November 2010, 10:45 AM
hi guys and gals, doing a manual conversion on my gq, just got the gearbox located and now i have to find and bridge the wires that only allow it to start in P & N and hook up my reverse lights? just wondering if any ones done this and know were these wires are located and there color? im trying to get my trol to start for work on monday and any info grately appreciated

YNOT
13th November 2010, 11:51 AM
Going by the Gregories manual in front of me there should be 7 wires going to the auto trans inhibitor switch connector.

Green/orange wire should have 12 volts from the A/T control fuse
White/blue - park
Green/white - reverse
White - neutral
Brown/white - drive
Green - second
Green/black -first

By my way of thinking if you bridge the green/orange wire with white/blue wire, the car should think it's in park and enable start.
Reverse switch on the manual G/box should have 2 pins. My thinking says put green/orange to one pin and green/white to the other.

See if that works.

Tony

uted
14th November 2010, 11:32 AM
cheers for that but still wont start. i have all the ignition lights but no starter, im about to go and make sure i didnt knock any other wires when i was locating the gearbox

tuckertrucker
10th November 2017, 10:11 AM
Old thread, but does anyone know how this got on? Im doing a conversion now (with my '92 Y60) and am expecting to encounter this one in a few days.
If anyone replies, do you also know where the actual inhibitor switch is located? Thinking it might just be easier to remove the inhibitor itself.

Also thinking, regarding the reverse lamps, that I could use two wires between the reverse switch on the box, and put that switch inline with the reverse lamp fuse. That was the fuse only sees 24v (and so the lamps only see 24v) when the box is in reverse.