PDA

View Full Version : GU 4.2 TDI Exhaust System What have you got pros & cons

1966hrprem
6th November 2012, 11:08 AM
Hi All, I have a 2006 GU 4.2 TDI wagon and I am doing a trip to tassie in march and I am interested in putting on a 3" exhaust before we go for a bit extra grunt and better fuel economy. I was wondering what brands others have fitted, if there happy with the quality, power, fit and if the brand claims are somewhere near the mark. I will be fitting the system myself so if you fitted yours how long did it take and did it fit well.

MudRunnerTD
6th November 2012, 11:19 AM
G'day mate,

Can i ask you to head over to the Introduction section and post up a Hello thread, tell us a little about you a dn basically say g'day. We appreciate new members but ask that you introduce yourself.

Re your Post. At the end of the day it is all about Size mate! 3" MANDREL Bent or dont bother. Even if your exhaust place has to cut and shut a heap of joints to get a Mandrel bent system then do that. If they want to make one in their nice bender walk away, it will turn into a 2.75" at best and you will not get the best out of it.

Make sure you do the Dump Pipe too. Also make sure there is installed a Pyro Bung Post turbo in the Dump pipe fr your EGT Gauge.

Put a Hi Flow Turbo can on it if you must depending on your usage? I have 2 as per my sig line. Both have a full length Mandrel Bent system. Both have a Hi Flow Muffler. I recently cut the muffler out of the GQ because i wanted a little more Noise! No More Power, Just noise! I Love it!!! WOW

The GQ is much louder at idle and low revs and slow speed but on the highway is No Louder as all the noise is left behind. In the Bush in Lowrange its SICK!!

My GUIV has a full system with Muffler and is my daily and tourer and i will leave it like it is with the muffler.

Hope that helps.

snewin
6th November 2012, 12:35 PM
Can'o'worms ;)

But very well said Mudrunner. Do what he said.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15389-Which-exhaust..-Beaudesert-or-Redback

nissannewby
6th November 2012, 12:58 PM
Beaudesert 3" mandrel bent system with dump pipe. Will bolt staright up, the hardest bit will be getting the old one off. Delivery and price are very good with beaudesert as well.

olmav
5th March 2013, 05:59 PM
just make sure you give all bolts turbo a good spray