PDA

View Full Version : Question:Mounting Options - C-Tek dc-dc charger

ova50
5th November 2012, 04:49 PM
I have c-tek Dual dc charger and dual battery that Im planning to instal into my 2010 GU 3.0 litre.
Can anyone supply me with any info on where they mounted the C-Tek charger so not to cause a problem with the heat sensor that is on the charger.
A pic of your setup would be appreciated.
Thanks

kevin07
6th November 2012, 01:51 AM
i have not mounted mine yet but i will be mounting it on the plate infront of the abs unit and putting the sensor infront of the battery

scotty83
6th November 2012, 08:24 AM
Thought those chargers had a low heat limit. Would be fairly hot in the turbo region. Would be better in the cab somewhere maybe behind centre dash. Behind ac controls. also only splash resistant I think

Tapped on by ScottyB

Snafu
13th December 2012, 02:32 PM
I had to install mine on the passenger side kick panel as no room under the bonnet. In regards to the battery temp sensor, I spoke to Baintech and they said there is no issues in cutting the wire to make it easy to get through the fire wall and then re-solder it.

megatexture
13th December 2012, 05:00 PM
got mine next to the starter batt had no issues to date and temp sender can reach and is far enough away from the turbo or like other have said in the car ..