PDA

View Full Version : vin plate

audiman
5th November 2012, 06:31 AM
while working on my mk today was in engine bay i had a quick look for the vin plate but could not see it

where should the vin plate be located as i am in the uk my mot is up at end of month and if they cant locate the vin plate it may fail

maybee i am being thich but looked on the slm panel and bulkhead but no sigh of it

cheers

Lee

threedogs
5th November 2012, 06:51 AM
It should be rivetted to your fire wall i front of thr driver RHS, its about 70mm by 60 mm with all you vechicle info on in,. will put pic later unless soneone beats me to it'mybe different in the YK?
wouldn't think so though,look just below window height just where bonnet seal is, in engine bay , lift bonnet top lhs. if cant find it get off the guiness. LOL

Diesel-Mate
5th November 2012, 06:51 AM
Should around 3 vin numbers, on your chassis rail behind the front wheels and on the firewall

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715a using Tapatalk 2

audiman
6th November 2012, 07:35 AM
well had a look round the engine bay tonight and i cant see a vin plate

so that might be another problem to overcome can find a big sticker with engine codes on it but thats about it

cheers

Lee

GQ TANK
6th November 2012, 09:04 AM
The chassis rail VIN is on the drivers side in front of the wheel

MQ MAD
19th November 2012, 03:39 PM
The VIN plate is located on the firewall,right side looking from the front,if there are a couple of holes few inches apart,with nothin then its not there anymore
There is another plate locating behind the left headlight,looking from the front, located on the inner wheel arch,look down behind th headlight
The main plate for rego is one on the firewall,that has all the info for rego

georges80
20th November 2012, 11:01 AM
Well... On my 1980 MQ (W.Australia), the VIN is pop riveted to the inside fender, just behind the coolant overflow bottle. The MQ is one owner (me) so the VIN has always been in that spot.

cheers,
george.

Finly Owner
2nd December 2012, 01:17 AM
Well... On my 1980 MQ (W.Australia), the VIN is pop riveted to the inside fender, just behind the coolant overflow bottle. The MQ is one owner (me) so the VIN has always been in that spot.

cheers,
george.I too have found them there on mq/mk

Tim